PDA

View Full Version : FF14 port forwarding

arucart
08-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Never really forwarded any ports before and now i got a beta key for FF14 but my local connections are at 1 and speed is wank, so basically need a complete noob guide to doing it

http://screenshots.portforward.com/BT/BT_Home_Hub_v2/Application_Sharing_-_Supported_Applications_-_Add.jpg

theres the router i have

check out that speed

Wintermute
08-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Never really forwarded any ports before and now i got a beta key for FF14 but my local connections are at 1 and speed is wank, so basically need a complete noob guide to doing it

http://screenshots.portforward.com/BT/BT_Home_Hub_v2/Application_Sharing_-_Supported_Applications_-_Add.jpg

theres the router i have

check out that speed

If you don't want to deal with the hassle of port forwarding, you can pick up a program called "uTorrent" (Here (http://www.utorrent.com/)) and open the SE patch files with it. If you're on WinXP, you can find the files necessary in: "... /My Documents/My Games/FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version/downloads/ffxiv-beta/d96437e6/metainfo"

From there, just load the proper torrent file with uTorrent, save the data somewhere you'll remember, and move it into ".../d96437e6/patch" when you're done.

Even before port-forwarding, just grabbing uTorrent improved my speed from a standstill with the SE client, to around 70-90 kbps.

To port forward for the SE client you'll need to figure out what ports the program uses, so you can put them in as an exception in your router's settings. Unfortunately I do not remember which ports they are off-hand. uTorrent will tell you what ports it uses when you install it (or you can configure the ports yourself), however.

Viion
08-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Heh BT, i was with them, where do you live? Might be easier to p2p it to you.

Anyway try this:
Port Range: 55296 - 55551
Translate: 55296 - 55551

The trigger should be both or any. Then add it, you'll also prolly need to turn it on in the Supported Applications section, you're just adding it to the list here.

@Wintermute, he might not be able to run the torrent due to being in England, many of my friends tried and it would not accept our request.

arucart
08-23-2010, 12:57 PM
On the official downloader i'm going at 1.6kbs atm and uTorrents getting me 9kbs, though on megaupload i only download at like 60kbs... and i live in Hampshire

Wintermute
08-23-2010, 01:10 PM
@Wintermute, he might not be able to run the torrent due to being in England, many of my friends tried and it would not accept our request.

Good to know. Didn't know some people were having this problem with uTorrent.

arucart
08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
ETA 1 week prooooooooo

zangoose
08-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Just like me. The smal files (5/6) are downloaded like a flash...i got average 170kbps on them...but the bigass first file (like 4gb size) had a dead slow speed. Took me 4 days to DL it...and like 10 min to DL the other 5 >_<

Just keep DLing it so you will have the main client DLed for OBT (even tho i'm expecting another 2 packs of 4GB since the other 2 cities will be added)

I didn't touch ports tho...i might open some if OBT client happens to be much bigger than current one tho...i don't want to spend 10 days DLing it ^^:

Viion
08-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Until Open beta starts, i wouldnt expect much seeds :(