PDA

View Full Version : Pheobe's Fanart/Hentai Adventure.

pheobe
07-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone out there. The name is Pheobe; or at least that's what I'm going by on FFXI; and here.

I've been an avid visitor over here on Neko-Sentai. A female one at that! I mostly, as silly as it sounds, visit because I love the art. Not because its nudity, but I love the drawing styles of these artists.

Anyways; So I've decided to share some of what I hope will become some great new art for everyone to enjoy. Please keep in mind I'm just starting out, with minimal drawing experience. With what little I HAVE had; nearly none of it was of human-like subjects, just animals and scenery.

I'm sharing these drawings with the intent to get some constructive criticism from other artists; and dare I say fans of this type of artwork.

I'm posting some of my most recent; ROUGH SKETCHES. Please keep in mind I have no scanner currently hooked up; LOL just moved. I am mostly looking to find out what you all think of my basic anatomy; body size; proportions. I understand the hands are fail; but I hate drawing hands. I'm going to be working on hands for the next few weeks exclusively trying to get them down better.

In short~ These are some bad sketches; please tell me how to fix. (nicely)

Will be posting more when I've drawn more.

Gulkeeva
07-19-2009, 07:36 PM
hmm you may want to ask aaaninja about anatomy and how to get a "realistic look" he spent months working on it and I'm sure he can give you many pointers on it and helpful resources on it. Looks like your already doing well with it though for the most part, just needs some touchup you could say which aaaninja I'm sure can provide help on :P

Other then that looks like a pretty good start

Botreie
07-19-2009, 08:10 PM
you got a good style, keep up the work

and also, random: Am i the only one who DOESNT like AAA's work? <.<; i just... i unno somethign about it bothers me.

Uielyave
07-19-2009, 09:42 PM

and also, random: Am i the only one who DOESNT like AAA's work? <.<; i just... i unno somethign about it bothers me.

/ unfortunately I would have to agree with you. I won't bash here, but im not a fan of his style so much. But anyway, your work so far is very good. Just keep working on parts you think need improvement. Hell, even copy picture (dont post them of course), but practicing copying something else will help you get a feel for anatomy and other things to improve your style.

Gulkeeva
07-19-2009, 10:02 PM
People don't always improve without some constructive criticism or they won't know what you find wrong with it! :P

If something is odd about AAA's works you should let him know by post/PM

Ferris
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Me and my brother feel the same way. The facial expressions half the time look creepy D:

But anyway, since that isn't what this topic is supposed to be about; you should draw some normal stuff a good bit first, then draw hentai sketches; drawing normal first more often will usually help you develop better art habits than drawing characters nude. This is not to say that they're bad, but poses can sometimes be a killer in what someone thinks of your artwork (the third picture comes to mind there D:). But other than that, the anatomy is pretty good in the last two; how often do you draw?

Wintermute
07-20-2009, 01:32 AM
@OP: I'm not an amazing artist by any means, but when I get home, I may be able to offer a few suggestions unless someone beats me to what I'm thinking, but until then...

But seriously guys. Don't diss people's art just because you don't like their style. I'm not saying anyone here is being overtly hostile, because I don't think anyone is, but you know going out on a limb and posting your work for all the world to see is a pretty big step for a lot of people. If you don't like their work, just keep it to yourself, or else try and figure out what you don't like about it before saying you don't.

Jcat
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Practice Practice! I noticed a lot of people spend hours on faces... if you're going to get into the tiny details there are some ways around that. Focus on a body that looks good (you're doing fine, just need some constant refinement to make it look great). For the face you can either draw all these on larger paper, draw the face separate and paste it in with photoshop (difficult). Or possibly Drawing it and editing it with a photo-manipulating device.
These are suggestions that could fix the "head is too big/small" issue you might have. You draw cute expressions, they're just so difficult to see.
Try starting with an oval head, a body standing straight up is about 7-8 heads high (mithra ~7, elvaan ~8, taru...~1.5?!). I hope to see you practice some more. ^-^/

pheobe
07-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone; I've taken a lot of what everyone has said into consideration; and I really thank everyone for the kind words^^

Special thanks to Israfel; That site (posemaniacs.com) is a really big help.

Anyways, first and foremost my next task is getting my scanner located and hooked back up... so these stop looking so terrible due to photo quality alone.

BUT this is the sketch I've completed since last posting. With a NEARLY (as in tomorrow nearly~!) 3 year old running about my feet all day its hard to get much doodling done.

As previous; constructive criticism encouraged.
(Side note: I'm aware the gear/clothing/dancer attire looks like; well shit~ but I added clothing last minute; and ... that's the least of my worries at the moment. kthx^^)

A full sketch shot; and a sort of closeup.

Ferris
07-22-2009, 09:19 AM
That is actually a good start; probably one of few pictures of mithras that aren't sticks, whether that was intentional or not.

You draw/shade the tail and the face quite well; the cat-like mouth thing with the teeth might be a big cliche, but it's still nice dammit! With the shading the way you do it, it'd be nice to eventually see some colored drawings, since I really like the shading for some reason.

But seriously guys. Don't diss people's art just because you don't like their style. I'm not saying anyone here is being overtly hostile, because I don't think anyone is, but you know going out on a limb and posting your work for all the world to see is a pretty big step for a lot of people. If you don't like their work, just keep it to yourself, or else try and figure out what you don't like about it before saying you don't.

Just figured I'd address this since everybody else is over-reacting out the ass because people have an opinion about art that differs from the majority, so what the hell, I'll over-react too.

Sorry, but if not liking someone's art style isn't a viable reason for not liking the art, then praytell, what IS a good reason to not like someone's art?

Widget
07-23-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm no artist so I can't make any suggestions on improving (bar repeating, parrot-like, that the way to perfect anatomy is to study it and practice, practice, practice ^^) but I just wanted to say you've chosen some really interesting poses, especially the middle of the first post and the latest one.
Very interested to watch you progress :)