Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Public Directory » Forum Announcments and Info for Guest/Members

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

From $10, to $0.03, to $25; rollercoaster indeed. Does how much revenue you get from the adds fluctuate with that price?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #22
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,705 Times in 3,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
From $10, to $0.03, to $25; rollercoaster indeed. Does how much revenue you get from the adds fluctuate with that price?

I am pretty surprised its actually.. stabilized at such a price, and yes, how much the site gets, depends on how much it is (and no its not 100%, project wonderful I hear takes 25% of that)
Its not the same as most where its Payperclick, or per view, its by, how much people want to pay, to have their ads on here.

Last edited by Gulkeeva; 02-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #23
Debura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Honestly, I had looked at this ad provider before and I could swear they didn't allow adult content at all - so I didn't bother trying them out. Not that my website really has much traffic yet anyway. But still, future planning.

Right now I'm using exoclick, and surprisingly people are actually clicking on the ads every so often - I have made 35 cents in the past month! Wooo!!.....

Anyway, it seems as though you have had a good chat with them regarding restrictions. Am I able to assume they are in fact allowing all fictional adult content? Including loli, of course, as I am seeing some of it here as well.

Do you recommend them?

By chance, are you using Dreamhost as your webhost? I'm debating between them and HostStage for buying a new hosting plan. I'm wanting to be able to allow my users to upload content to the website as well.

Also, as a side note - I installed this plugin here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=289463 and have yet to see a successful registration from a bot in the past several weeks, and certainly not for lack of trying. I get notifications every time it blocks one. In fact, I have had ZERO spam posts at all between it and akismet(sp?) that you suggested to me. Actually, I'm not even sure if Akismet has even had to do anything - I can't really tell. I never see any posts needing moderation.
I didn't look around at all for it, but if you can find a version for vB3.8, then I highly suggest it.

Last edited by Debura; 02-17-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,705 Times in 3,492 Posts

They allow most any "fictional" content, you have to actually e-mail and ask them, as their site "guidelines" seems to be somewhat out of date (still) on site.

As for webhost, you'll need to ask ragns what he is using, and as for domain name, dreamhost provides the service.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Public Directory » Forum Announcments and Info for Guest/Members