Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #21
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahald View Post
After reading up on it a bit on the forums, it seems that whatever the process is for removing smallclothes and their alpha layers, it's very difficult and no one is sure of the exact process that was used by the modders of the female nude mods to remove their smallcloths before the added on the nipples, vagina, and bigger butt. The only person that I know by name who might know how to do this is NaughtyWeaver, but so far he hasn't answered any of my emails or Tweets. With as little enthusiasm as there is in here for male nude mods (or males in general, all of the screenies in the Miqo'te Nud Mod thread are of same sex couples), I'm probably going to have to jump through hoops and hurdles just to get a Ken-doll type nude mod, and it'll be a miralce if I get one wiht a dick and bigger butt.
They most likely used VRS to modify the 3D model and did something with the mesh, I have a vague idea of what they did with it but not really sure, but it boils down to replacing the smallclothes with just the body, then modifying the vertices to create the nipples and vagina.

I'm going to try to make 3D model modding work by exporting as something blender can read and then when saved with blender, reading that saved file and importing it into the game. Don't know if it's entirely possible or how long it will take for me to do though.
The Following User Says Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Desant (04-23-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 12:43 AM   #22
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko View Post
I'm going to try to make 3D model modding work
You are the second coming of Jesus Christ. Just seeing those words almost brings a tear to my eye.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:16 AM   #23
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Quote:
They most likely used VRS to modify the 3D model and did something with the mesh, I have a vague idea of what they did with it but not really sure, but it boils down to replacing the smallclothes with just the body, then modifying the vertices to create the nipples and vagina.

I'm going to try to make 3D model modding work by exporting as something blender can read and then when saved with blender, reading that saved file and importing it into the game. Don't know if it's entirely possible or how long it will take for me to do though.
Really, the biggest issue is that we really don't know how many people have figured out how to model 3D elements in this game, and the only on I know of by name, NaughtyWeaver, has seemingly gone into compete radio silence, wont even answer inquiries onto whether he'll ever make a nude mod for males, have yet to get a reply. Guess now we know why he charges for his mods. He's more or less got a monopoly over 3D modding.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:11 AM   #24
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Updated application to 1.2

Application Changes:

Added sharing capability via export in ModList and import under View > Importer

When viewing the ModList, you will notice there are now checkboxes for each item, to share your mods with someone else simply check the boxes for the mods you would like to share and hit export.

This will create a folder named exported, with 2 files inside xivMods.dat and xivMods.modlist, you can zip/rar these 2 files and upload to share.

The person that downloads your mods, or the ones you download from other people are imported via View > Importer, which will ask you to find that .modlist you downloaded.

Once you've selected the xivMods.modlist file, the application will read it and show you what textures you are about to import. Hit import to accept, the mods will be imported and the window will close automatically.

Added Multi-Language support (Top right corner)

The majority of the translations are taken from the game files, so some text is still not translated.

Note: If you change the language, the Go To button in ModList will not work and most likely cause a crash if it is in a different language than the one chosen.

If you'd like to help translate let me know, I can upload a list of the words and phrases that have not been translated.

Added DX version option under Settings > DX Version

This will show the DX9 textures instead of the DX11 textures for those that have separate textures.
As of now that would be, Body, Face, Hair, Tail, and maybe some others but those are the main ones that have separate DX9 and DX11 textures.

Added link to bug report via Help > Report Bug

Textures Added:

Smallclothes
Since these are not an actual item in game, they were not added automatically, I manually added them for body, legs, and feet
Equipment Decals
Decals that go on equipment and weapons
Miqo'te and Au Ra tails
This allows you to make the tail completely transparent which seems to be a popular request, simply follow my transparency tutorial

For the ones I modified, Au Ra I had to color the blue channel black, but for Miqo'te I had to color the alpha channel black. Dunno, kinda weird but it works.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed inability to dye gear when the color map was modified
The application will create a dye.dat in the item folder when extracted, this file is used to fix the color file when it is reimported

Note: If you've already modified a color and would like to apply this fix you must revert the texture and click on "Save DDS" once again so the dye.dat gets made

This makes for some interesting color combos that you can see right away in-game

I think I may have a thing for thighhighs
Other misc. bugs and performance improvements

Last edited by linko; 04-26-2016 at 01:19 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Allyha (04-26-2016), aser (04-26-2016), Gulkeeva (04-26-2016), jako992146 (04-27-2016), Thunder Wind (04-27-2016), tl13l (05-16-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #25
Allyha
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Gonna have to learn how to use this now, I love the bridal tights for the frilly thigh highs, but hate the stupid skirt that comes with it. can finally fix them maybe. :3
Old 04-27-2016, 01:20 AM   #26
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
Miqo'te and Au Ra tails
This allows you to make the tail completely transparent
Holy shit, I was joking about you being Jesus, but this just flat out proves it. You are glorious.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #27
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Hey Linko, Semen Demon might have found the location of the smallclothes. See if you can add it to the texture list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	took me 1 minute to find.png
Views:	62
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	172888  
Old 04-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #28
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Just explored this folder, seems the entire folder contains smallclothes for all races. Even more lucky, the folder before it is where the 3D models are stored. Now just to figure out where to go from here…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smallclothes.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	172891   Click image for larger version

Name:	sandals.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	172892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smallclothes 3d model.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	172893  

Last edited by Nahald; 04-27-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:12 PM   #29
Semen Demon
XMan Milk MephistophelesX
Forum Member

Do you know if there was a way to check if gear is wearable by some race or not, because there's some items that are wearable by both sexes of potatoes (probably also other races) that really don't look like they should be, like breast implant lightning chest, godberts smallcloth top(i think), odins chestpiece(with the cape), snows chestpiece

I don't think the list of exceptions would be that huge, but just having a list of all of them would be interesting since it would help me implement it more easily to the trainer

I might even be able to make the sultanas gear wearable(I'm not too sure about this one though, but it's possible), or any of the scions, provided I know the ID of their gear
Edit: Oh shit I can probably just use ffxivexplorer for this

Last edited by Semen Demon; 04-27-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:16 PM   #30
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahald View Post
Hey Linko, Semen Demon might have found the location of the smallclothes. See if you can add it to the texture list.
I did add the smallclothes textures to the list with this latest update, if you're not seeing them please let me know, because they should be there.

You can find them through the search or by scrolling through the body, feet, and legs categories.

As far as the pictures you're showing, those are actually the emperor's gear, which have been in the texture list since the first version of the application, and of course are identical to the smallclothes textures.

The actual smallclothes, when you have nothing on, are in chara/equipment/e0000/texture which are the ones I manually added with this latest version.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #31
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semen Demon View Post
Do you know if there was a way to check if gear is wearable by some race or not, because there's some items that are wearable by both sexes of potatoes (probably also other races) that really don't look like they should be, like breast implant lightning chest, godberts smallcloth top(i think), odins chestpiece(with the cape), snows chestpiece

I don't think the list of exceptions would be that huge, but just having a list of all of them would be interesting since it would help me implement it more easily to the trainer

I might even be able to make the sultanas gear wearable(I'm not too sure about this one though, but it's possible), or any of the scions, provided I know the ID of their gear
Edit: Oh shit I can probably just use ffxivexplorer for this

Yes, and you can use Ioncannon's FFXIV Data Explorer to look it up and even export and open it in excel where you can sort it and do all kinds of stuff with it

what you're looking for is in 0a0000.win32.index
EXD folder > item.exh

scroll to the right and starting on column 78 you'll see what races/genders can equip.

78 - Hyur
79 - Elezen
80 - Lalafell
81 - Miqo'te
82 - Roegadyn
83 - Au Ra

This file is also where coincidentally, XIVDB gets its Item IDs from (First column, Index) and where I get the model/equipment numbers (Column 28 & 29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semen Demon View Post
This would be the one limiting factor of using equipment IDs instead of the model IDs, you won't be able to wear NPC equipment because it gets its ID from a completely different place.
In this case it would be under the same EXD folder, the file is npcequip.exh

These have their own index which is separate from those of PCs in item.exh, so there's no way to use them other than the method I showed in my previous post on changing your gear through the model number in Cheat Engine.

Last edited by linko; 04-27-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Semen Demon (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #32
Semen Demon
XMan Milk MephistophelesX
Forum Member

Quote:
there's no way to use them other than the method I showed
Spoiler: show

["Caption"] = "Head",
["onClick"] = function( _ )
>unH4X gear
Sleep( 100 )
writeInteger( "HeadXIVdbItemID" , edithead.getCaption() )
Sleep( 1000 )
writeInteger( "HeadWornModelID" , readInteger( "HeadpreviewModelID" ) + (256^3) * tonumber( tostring(editcolorhead.getCaption()) ) )
>H4X gear
end
I also have to do some shit like
math.floor( readInteger( GearWornModelID ) / ( 256^3 ) or 0 )
to get the dye because I wasn't able to find static addresses for your method, which would've been super, but I'm not that good yet
and for variant I do
math.floor( ( ( readInteger( GearWornModelID ) - ( math.floor( readInteger( GearWornModelID ) / ( 256^3 ) or 0 ) * ( 256^3 ) ) ) / ( 2^16 ) )

so basically I'm kind of cheating when I say it uses xivdb IDs to change gear :^) oops
It uses model IDs

Last edited by Semen Demon; 04-28-2016 at 07:41 AM. Reason: can I thank my own post?
Old 04-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #33
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Quote:
I did add the smallclothes textures to the list with this latest update, if you're not seeing them please let me know, because they should be there.

You can find them through the search or by scrolling through the body, feet, and legs categories.

As far as the pictures you're showing, those are actually the emperor's gear, which have been in the texture list since the first version of the application, and of course are identical to the smallclothes textures.

The actual smallclothes, when you have nothing on, are in chara/equipment/e0000/texture which are the ones I manually added with this latest version.
Oh thanks! Didn't even download the new version yet. Anyway, when looking at the small clothes for the female races, to whom I currently have my nude mods applied, I see no difference between it and the male smallclothes, which are still currently visible in-game. This leads me to believe that the state of the texture itself has absolutely nothing to do with the visibility of smallclothes in-game. Meaning that hiding smallclothes is most likely a completely 3D ordeal.

On the subject of 3D models, I noticed something interesting when viewing the various smallclothes models: Assuming that both male and female smallclothes 3D models are stored in chara/equipment/e0000/model, it would seem that I am unable to view the modded female models. For whatever reason, I can only view the Hyur and Roegadyn body parts, no other parts will show up when I click on them. Not sure what is causing this, but I'm guessing it's related to how they were able to make smallclothes disappear on female character models.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:45 PM   #34
Sense
Nobody
Forum Member

So I've no idea what I'm doing.

I'd like to edit a body texture but I can't seem to load DX11 Body textures into Photoshop, Gimp, or Paint.net. I am however able to load and successfully edit dx9 body textures. Furthermore I can edit any DX11 texture that's not a "32bit A8R8G8B8" Texture Type. I'm either doing it wrong or broke something. I have to guess I screwed up the plugins for the editors but I've checked and redone those multiple times to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction to how I can fix this?
Old 04-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #35
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense View Post
So I've no idea what I'm doing.

I'd like to edit a body texture but I can't seem to load DX11 Body textures into Photoshop, Gimp, or Paint.net. I am however able to load and successfully edit dx9 body textures. Furthermore I can edit any DX11 texture that's not a "32bit A8R8G8B8" Texture Type. I'm either doing it wrong or broke something. I have to guess I screwed up the plugins for the editors but I've checked and redone those multiple times to no avail. Can anyone point me in the right direction to how I can fix this?
Do you get any sort of error message? or what exactly happens when you try to open it in photoshop?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:33 PM   #36
Sense
Nobody
Forum Member

Quote:
Do you get any sort of error message? or what exactly happens when you try to open it in photoshop?
In photoshop it says:
Could Not Complete Request Because Of Program Error

in gimp it says:
DDS Image Message Unexpected EOF
DDS Image plug-in could not open image

And in in paint.net it just opens an image at the right dimensions but entirely blank.

Knowing me I probably did an oversight with the plugins but I tried reinstalling them multiple times and tried 32 and 64 bit. I tested some DDS files from another game and it seemed to open and edit fine. Dnno what to do.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #37
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
In photoshop it says:
Could Not Complete Request Because Of Program Error

in gimp it says:
DDS Image Message Unexpected EOF
DDS Image plug-in could not open image

And in in paint.net it just opens an image at the right dimensions but entirely blank.

Knowing me I probably did an oversight with the plugins but I tried reinstalling them multiple times and tried 32 and 64 bit. I tested some DDS files from another game and it seemed to open and edit fine. Dnno what to do.
seems like the application isn't saving the DDS file correctly, it's just odd that it does the dx9 ones fine but not the dx11.

when you open a 32bit texture in FFXIV TexTools does the preview of it show up? Because if it does, it means that it's reading it correctly, it just might not be saving right.

so if you don't mind uploading one of the saved DDS files that you can't open, maybe I can find out what happen. If all else fails, you might need to revert all then go to the ffxiv folder delete 040000.modlist and 040000.win32.dat3 then save DDS again.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #38
Sense
Nobody
Forum Member

Quote:
seems like the application isn't saving the DDS file correctly, it's just odd that it does the dx9 ones fine but not the dx11.

when you open a 32bit texture in FFXIV TexTools does the preview of it show up? Because if it does, it means that it's reading it correctly, it just might not be saving right.

so if you don't mind uploading one of the saved DDS files that you can't open, maybe I can find out what happen. If all else fails, you might need to revert all then go to the ffxiv folder delete 040000.modlist and 040000.win32.dat3 then save DDS again.
Yeah the preview images in textools shows just fine. After I save the textures so I can edit them the ones I can't use are a broken image while working ones have a normal preview thumbnail. To clarify I mean the thumbnails for the actual files in the save folder.

Honestly I feel bad even asking for help at this point 'cos I'm sure it's some PC weirdness on my end. I've downloaded various plugins and scripts for my adobe stuff to make videos and images, it wouldn't surprise me if I broke something in the process.

Here's a saved DX11 body file I can't edit.
DX11 Body Texture.rar

Thanks for your time by the way. =T
Old 05-01-2016, 08:41 PM   #39
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah the preview images in textools shows just fine. After I save the textures so I can edit them the ones I can't use are a broken image while working ones have a normal preview thumbnail. To clarify I mean the thumbnails for the actual files in the save folder.

Honestly I feel bad even asking for help at this point 'cos I'm sure it's some PC weirdness on my end. I've downloaded various plugins and scripts for my adobe stuff to make videos and images, it wouldn't surprise me if I broke something in the process.

Here's a saved DX11 body file I can't edit.

Thanks for your time by the way. =T

I think I may have found the issue, although I had no trouble opening the one you linked in Photoshop, I never really tried opening the files in any other application, but I did, and paint.net did indeed show a blank space, and gimp gave me the unexpected EOF error.

So, I messed around with the file a bit and it seems the DDS header flags needed to be changed to reflect the data.

Try this file and let me know if it works out for you, if it does I'll fix the application so it outputs the DDS file correctly for uncompressed textures.

DX11body.rar
Sense (05-01-2016)
Old 05-01-2016, 09:43 PM   #40
Sense
Nobody
Forum Member

Quote:
I think I may have found the issue, although I had no trouble opening the one you linked in Photoshop, I never really tried opening the files in any other application, but I did, and paint.net did indeed show a blank space, and gimp gave me the unexpected EOF error.

So, I messed around with the file a bit and it seems the DDS header flags needed to be changed to reflect the data.

Try this file and let me know if it works out for you, if it does I'll fix the application so it outputs the DDS file correctly for uncompressed textures.

Attachment 172946
It was a success. Sorry for all the trouble.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion