Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 09-04-2020, 08:28 PM   #381
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Joints hook up to rigid bodies, not bones. So yes, you're going to need to establish rigid bodies tied to those bones before you can connect the joints.

There are models that have master finger rotation bones that can control them all for a grip function. I would study one of those to see how it's set up, I believe it involves Rotation+.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:41 AM   #382
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
1 MMD unit = 8 cm. Miku (Maekawa, whom I assume you refer to)'s official height is 152 cm so assuming her feet bottoms are at 0 the top of her head should go to exactly 19. Of course you have a little wiggle room depending on her hairstyle. If she's wearing heels, measure from the height of the bottom of the back of her feet. (If it's Hatsune you meant, it should be 19.75 as she's 158 cm.
Wow, rude, did you just assume my Miku?

I did actually mean Hatsune Miku and at the risk of becoming a kissass, I've long since memorised and applied your tip about MMD units - it's the fact that one can't be sure whether or not that 158cm official figure is from the base of the heel or not is what was bothering me. Especially considering Yu Higuchi or whatever is just some random bloke programmer who made MMD, and not whoever made her character at Cypton, so measuring the model packaged with mmd is of little benefit in clarifying. For the time being, I'm just going to keep optimistically assuming that's the nude measurement they've given and not have to change anything by a tiny amount.

QE, it's well worth it to keep learning Blender, it removes the trial and error and timesinking of pmxeditor for a lot of things once you get past the UI. What it doesn't really help with, are physics and morphs other than vertex morphs, which are more convenient to make, edit and preview in pmxeditor. If you wanted to separate the fingers, and they were already rigged to one bone, you could quite easily copy the group three times, remove the superfluous weights, add new finger bones, and rename them all to match. Be aware, though, that pose mode is not the same as edit mode for the armature. Edit mode is for editing the bones, pose mode will let you make the model stand funny. It's less than a five minute job when you're used to the UI, but in pmxeditor, it'd probably take god knows how long of work arounds and sacrifices to Yu Higuchi and the guy from crypton media responsible for measuring Hatsune Miku.

Last edited by lewdmon; 09-05-2020 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:04 AM   #383
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
Wow, rude, did you just assume my Miku?

I did actually mean Hatsune Miku and at the risk of becoming a kissass, I've long since memorised and applied your tip about MMD units - it's the fact that one can't be sure whether or not that 158cm official figure is from the base of the heel or not is what was bothering me. Especially considering Yu Higuchi or whatever is just some random bloke programmer who made MMD, and not whoever made her character at Cypton, so measuring the model packaged with mmd is of little benefit in clarifying. For the time being, I'm just going to keep optimistically assuming that's the nude measurement they've given and not have to change anything by a tiny amount.

QE, it's well worth it to keep learning Blender, it removes the trial and error and timesinking of pmxeditor for a lot of things once you get past the UI. What it doesn't really help with, are physics and morphs other than vertex morphs, which are more convenient to make, edit and preview in pmxeditor. If you wanted to separate the fingers, and they were already rigged to one bone, you could quite easily copy the group three times, remove the superfluous weights, add new finger bones, and rename them all to match. Be aware, though, that pose mode is not the same as edit mode for the armature. Edit mode is for editing the bones, pose mode will let you make the model stand funny. It's less than a five minute job when you're used to the UI, but in pmxeditor, it'd probably take god knows how long of work arounds and sacrifices to Yu Higuchi and the guy from crypton media responsible for measuring Hatsune Miku.
Well, you did say in an earlier post you were going to do Idolmaster edits, and this is the first time I've ever seen you working with a Vocaloid model :P

You could always refer to Kurauchi's Miku model since she and Haruka are the exact same height (158 cm). He made her just a TINY smidge taller than 158 (it's like 158.9 to the top middle of her hair), even controlling for the fact that she's wearing shoes, but she's pretty damn close.

Also at the risk of this turning into a circlejerk you've helped me with so many models I should be the one asskissing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mikwho.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	198032  
Old 09-05-2020, 02:22 AM   #384
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Well, you did say in an earlier post you were going to do Idolmaster edits, and this is the first time I've ever seen you working with a Vocaloid model :P
I did, and I still intend to do so eventually. Honestly, though, I barely care about the height trivia, I just felt uneasy at having to discuss MMD in devianrtart or elsewhere and suddenly felt as though I just had to say something to keep the thread bumped. As for Kurauchi's Miku, it's the same problem - how would he know the truth? He made a stylised MMD model, but he hasn't the real numbers. I could take that as the height, or I could measure the older official drawings and work it out there, but it's a lot of fuss over a few centimeters, and I don't really think, despite what I said yesterday, that anyone is going to notice it. Even if two characters are off slightly, it's not going to be as though a 6 foot 1 character and a 6 foot 2 character look as disparate as 4 foot 1 manlet and 6 foot 4 turbochad of chads pair. An error range of 1~2% (zettai heelouki?) is not going to lose me any sleep, although it would be nice to have true and unambiguous measurements. We've had a similar conversation here before, I'm sure, about sources of height being all over the place.

Quote:
Also at the risk of this turning into a circlejerk you've helped me with so many models I should be the one asskissing.
You're too kind, it's been like a year since I've done anything proper MMD here.

Last edited by lewdmon; 09-05-2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:00 AM   #385
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

http://tstorage.info/ifj500i8vspr
http://tstorage.info/ia6jy3xey7u6
http://tstorage.info/obpdseh57f61

As Hoovy would say, it was long trip.

Updated set is uploaded, replacing my old set from 2017. 80 total models now in it, no further update planned as all mainline Idolmaster characters are in there and how I want them to be.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #386
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Got the model complete as much as I wanted it. Thought I was gonna have a hard time figuring out the hair and the tail, when I found out more easier shortcuts in the editor menu compared to painfully doing it manually. I'm currently half-okay with leaving the fingers as they are, but I can get to that at some other point. The one thing that's bothering me however is the eyes. Since it's a 2D texture image, when you turn it to face a direction you can see behind it, being an empty gap of space if you rotate it too far. A simple temporary remedy I made was just make the two separate eye bones have move so I can adjust whenever possible by pulling it back a little bit and or when the occasion happens when the eyes will clip out of the head, but is there a way where I can limit how far the eye can turn so if it hits that point it won't exceed it and you won't have to notice the blank gap?
Old 09-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #387
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

I don't think you can limit bone rotation by anything other than joints and physics. Every model I've ever seen can flip its eyes 180 degrees. Usually what is done to solve this issue is:

(1) Have the mesh for each eye be separate from the white behind it. The white can then be given some concave curvature so that it wraps around forwards and encloses the eyes right up to the edge of the skin.

(2) Give the mesh of the eyes themselves some curvature; the middle should bend outwards and forwards (in other words it should be convex). Then the mesh won't look flat when the eye is turned.

(3) Depending on where the eye bones are positioned compared to the mesh, it will affect how much the eyes turn when the bones turn. This will fix the clipping out of the head when turned.

(4) Making a morph that moves the eyes backwards further into the head will give it the illusion that the eyes are always looking towards the camera.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:04 AM   #388
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Normally, by the time your eye ovals clip slightly with the head in an extreme rotation, they should be hidden from view, or the eye socket should be deepened to accomodate them - something which you could do in pmxeditor by selecting the offending vertices and moving them in the Y axis and eyeballing the change in transform view with your eyes posed. I would only do this if I was sure the clipping wasn't caused by the eye bone placement being thrown off by edits made to the face.

You could also make your eyes into literal eyeball meshes. They won't clip at extemes, but it's more time consuming to UV and texture hemispheres than ovals floating in sockets, and you would also need to systematically edit your old eye morphs, which would otherwise clip with the eyes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	the 1000cm stare.png
Views:	53
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	198044  

Last edited by lewdmon; 09-09-2020 at 02:05 AM. Reason: edits made to the face
Old 09-12-2020, 10:46 AM   #389
Jester
Forum Member

I was wondering if someone would be willing to extract some mqo files and convert them to pmx files for me so I could use them on MMD.

I tried doing it once before but honestly had no luck since I was too busy with work putting in gobs of OT and didn't have the time or energy to teach myself how to use blender. Plus my comp died and I lost half my MMD files along with the copy of blender that i had (not that I ever figured out how to use the blasted thing)

Anyway, enough of the sob-story (sorry, didn't mean to throw a self-pity party). I would be grateful if somebody could help me out with this

-----------------------

EDIT: Ah, I forgot to mention this earlier, but this is the "body-chan" file that was released by Nakao
Attached Files
File Type: zip 素体ちゃん三号+mqo.zip (600.4 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Jester; 09-12-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:20 AM   #390
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

I tried, but while I could get it to import into blender I couldn't get it to export out, MMDTools refused to recognize it.

Couple of things I was wondering:

- Is there a rip of models from Azur Lane Crosswave yet?
- A Gmod movie I saw a few years ago had a Kim Jong model in it and I could use it for the movie I'm currently making. Has anyone ever seen one for MMD?
- I found a model rip some guys did of the Megaman X mobile game. They're all in .fbx format so they need converting but I could point anyone interested at the download.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #391
Jester
Forum Member

Quote:
I tried, but while I could get it to import into blender I couldn't get it to export out, MMDTools refused to recognize it.
Aww, oh well. Thanks for trying
Old 09-22-2020, 02:45 AM   #392
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/c...3d_model_rips/
Whether that's all of the characters, and all of the DLC, I don't know.

- A Gmod movie I saw a few years ago had a Kim Jong model in it and I could use it for the movie I'm currently making. Has anyone ever seen one for MMD?
I haven't, but here's Shinzo Abe, who's a deflated Kim Jong Un.
https://3d.nicovideo.jp/works/td71345

Last edited by lewdmon; 09-22-2020 at 02:46 AM. Reason: [i]
The Following User Says Thank You to lewdmon For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (09-22-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 04:03 AM   #393
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/AzureLane/c...3d_model_rips/
Whether that's all of the characters, and all of the DLC, I don't know.

I haven't, but here's Shinzo Abe, who's a deflated Kim Jong Un.
https://3d.nicovideo.jp/works/td71345
I already had the Abe model but thanks anyway.

I found a Sketchup model of him but I can't get it, because you have to sign in to get models there now, and I tried to use my Google account... but it demands I enter an extra security code even though I am using the same computer and browser that I always have because they think it's "unusual activity". And they insist on texting it to me, but my phone cannot receive text messages! Unbelievable. They're just as bad as Github.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #394
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Well speaking of Github I managed to get myself re-registered so I'm downloading as much login shit as I can from Bowlroll, but I have to go all the way back to January and I'm barely to August. I've figured out nearly all the passwords I needed so far except this one:

https://bowlroll.net/file/235835

The hint is

Code:
忍城が持っている刀
Which I believe translates to "the sword she has", but everything I tried didn't work and I couldn't find an exact match on the Oshiro wiki. It says hiragana 4 characters. Maybe it refers to a sword stored at the real castle, but I couldn't find anything on that either. The wiki says her default sword is "Hama no Tachi" (unsure on pronounciation, I can't find furigana for it)

Code:
破魔の太刀 (はまのたち)
But that's too many characters. Her special skill is "Kaihime"

Code:
甲斐姫 (かいひめ)
But that doesn't work either.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #395
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
The answer you're looking for is:

Code:
なみきり
Frankly, I didn't know the answer. It's just someone wanted this model on the 4chan mmd board and they gave them the correct pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to QuestionableEnigma For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (09-27-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 10:23 PM   #396
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

So the reason I wanted to get back into Bowlroll was to get this Manami Kiba model from a Japanese editor. Looked under the hood to find out he made her like a foot too short (she's 172 cm, one of the tallest in the game) so I redid her body and fixed up a couple of messed things in her face. And did a new bikini texture, my first sad attempt at tiger striping. I can't redistribute her but it did make me decide I'll do my own version of her in my final set, which I wasn't planning on originally. Skin color from her game model, hair color from her card.

The other reason I'm posting is because I found a link on a forum to a set of script programs that can apparently get past Scamco's encryption and rip from Idolmaster 2. There's also a program that lets you re-encrypt and inject the changes you made back into the game save. I don't have an image of the game myself but I'd be happy to upload the scripts here for anyone who wants it.

The thing is, they are in .exe format... and since I don't have a game image I haven't been able to test them. Is this something that would be considered too risky to upload here?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	manamiz.png
Views:	119
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	198062  
Old 10-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #397
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

What the hell did I spend my weekend making

The model I found was an .obj with no textures so I did them myself. His eyebrows are drawn on because there was no mesh for them. He has no facial sliders but his eyes are rigged so they can turn. I did the rigging 100% by myself which was a first for a human model. It's very basic, he can move his arms and legs but the only fingers he can bend right now are his index fingers because the model isn't symmetrical and rigging fingers sucks. He does have functional leg IKs so he can walk and dance, not that he's going to be used for that. All this for three seconds of screen time.

Anyway, does anyone here happen to have this model? The Onedrive link doesn't work. https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im4921825 (Any Soviet or Chinese-looking officers/generals would work too.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lilrokitmang.png
Views:	62
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	198063  
Old 10-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #398
Moondrag
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Been trying to figure out the password for this model with no luck so far. Can anyone else figure it out? https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm37621164
Old 11-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #399
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So... Anyone want to take the time to rig these models? There is also a little texture fixing needed, but I though people might want them regardless. I mean, I here Genshin Impact is pretty popular right now.

http://tstorage.info/1slhvcoblta6
Old 11-13-2020, 11:42 PM   #400
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Somebody finally released a model of the Mishiro director last week. It was a VRoid but whatever... I was finally able to make a model edit for her. Her hair was pretty high poly so she's over 30000 vertices but I wasn't going to even try to consolidate it. I took her skin, hair and eye tone from a screenshot from the anime and her image color is the 346 Production official color. The eyes were easily the most complicated part, for many reasons. I also ported over a mouth facial which was a labor in itself as I couldn't just use a .csv due to non-matching vertex numbers.

I was also able to take advantage of my election-related anxiety and finish the (non-H) Fate movie I'd had an idea for for over a year and started in July. For whoever it was that wanted to know the maximum number of models you can have in one .pmm, it has over 120 characters, plus accessories, effects and stages, and it will still render at 1080P/60fps as long as I split it into parts of 4000 frames or less (7000 at 30fps). But if I try to turn physics on, forget it.... it goes about 3 frames a minute. Rendering would take days, even if it didn't run out of memory.

Also, here's Tsukasa's updated body and bikini textures now that her image color's been assigned. Just unzip it in the folder and replace the old textures with the same names.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	producemybabies.png
Views:	59
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	198100  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tsukasa_textures.zip (119.5 KB, 26 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat