Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

Default Stuff that really pisses you off!

Building on the "Let's bitch about stuff we don't like" thread, I thought it appropriate to make a thread for things that completely and utterly piss us off to such a degree that goes beyond simply bitching. I'm talking about the kinds of things that from your own experiences have completely driven you to the point of rage or stopped you dead in your tracks, and forced you to take a deep breath before you went super loco all over someone's face with your fist or boot.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

People who make ignorant assumptions/accusations about my religion with no evidence to back them up and refuse to accept the fact that there is more then one way to interpret things, religion included. People who follow one side or the other in politics and refuse to ever consider looking at things from another point of view OR getting both sides of the story. People who like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Roger Ebert, or Stephanie Meyer.

tl;dr version. Stupid people.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Botreie
Proud Pervert
Forum Member

Stupid people. Much like the faggot on Bismarck~
Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago View Post
People who make ignorant assumptions/accusations about my religion with no evidence to back them up and refuse to accept the fact that there is more then one way to interpret things, religion included. People who follow one side or the other in politics and refuse to ever consider looking at things from another point of view OR getting both sides of the story. People who like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Roger Ebert, or Stephanie Meyer.

tl;dr version. Stupid people.
Looks like I piss you off, Myth.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Most people do.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

One of the things that pisses me off, are those who who claim to be peaceful, then are the first to resort to violence. Example: "We are here to deliver upon you the peaceful scriptures of our culture, and should you not take insight into out teachings, we shall brandish you heretics of our culture and religion, and purge you from this world our "God" has created for us in his image."

This kind of religious doctrine has been practiced for millenia upon all peoples, but the part that really pisses me off is that no one has learned from these mistakes. The only thing organized relgion has learned is to distance (not seperate) itself from the fanatics that twist and use the teachings to further their own self serving goals. This applies to all religions and sects of those religions.

The other part that pisses me off is how no one with a self-proclaimed "real faith" has the ability to question their faith, and still be faithful or to look for guidance. I was once a Christian myself, but some of the things I was being taught at church, as well was the things they would not allow me to learn, but the answers I sought for myself were not in Christianity. It was shortly thereafter that I found out I was a Metis (mixed aboriginal and european blood), and thus proceded to learn about that part of my heritage. What I discovered were a bunch of sad pissed off elders who were too afraid to pass down any lingering traditions which weren't stolen by priests of various catholic or christian faiths. However, the only stories they would tell us, which was repetitively the same, was about how they were used, abused, and destroyed by "residential schooling". To me, no trace of my heritage existed anymore, traditions that were once sacred were no more than a trifle of entertainment to be passed down.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

Twitter: nattajerk
Tumblr: kaggentoo

why is it that people think canadians are stereotypically polite and nice? im not. im a pretty solitary, short tempered character. the most polite thing i do is hold the door open for old people and women with big tits.

our media seems to push this politeness, and i guess its okay like that. but canadians - especially patriotic ones - can be just as insane, violent, and shittalking as the next country.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
Widget
Beneath "The Bell-Jar"
Forum Member

The current British-election; especially the "US-style" debates and (most particularly) the people who eulogise about the fact they introduce new voters to the concept that they should vote.

For the last 150-years, the problem in this (and most other democratic countries) has not been the low turnout, it's been the quality of turnout. A televised series of debates encouraging young people to vote (regardless of their understanding of the relevant fuckin' issues) is not the way to fix political-debate.

For-the-love-of-God, ban the entire concept of a parliament that's not hung and turn the House of Commons back into a House of Debate, for fuck's sake. As soon as you have a single party calling the shots, democracy loses. Democracy also loses when every spastic munchkin has the bloody vote! ><

I'm quite well-aware that this idea is likely to spark debate; I invite you all to shut-the-fuck-up and spare me your American-inspired versions of democracy; I seriously DO NOT CARE!

EDIT: Christ, I'm even more angry than I realised... in-spite of this realisation, I still don't care to hear what anyone-else is under the delusion constitutes "democracy".

AND-ANOTHER-EDIT: It occurs to me that the above rant sounds discriminatory. Thought I'd mention that my ideal of a suitable voter has nothing to do with skin-colour, gender, or any other unchangeable aspect of a person's identity. People should earn the right to vote based purely on their political knowledge and understanding; and I'm done -.-

Last edited by Widget; 04-22-2010 at 04:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Widget For This Useful Post:
chocobobreeder (06-10-2014)
Old 04-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #9
Grimm
Corporate enforcer
Forum Member

women who judge a person before they get to know them in any sensible way. I'm not a damn cowboy!! (although, i do kinda look like one.. probably doesn't help much o.O) Oh, and ill have to agree with the general consensus of " stupid people piss me off "
Old 04-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #10
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KattanIg View Post
why is it that people think canadians are stereotypically polite and nice? im not. im a pretty solitary, short tempered character. the most polite thing i do is hold the door open for old people and women with big tits.
What are you talking about? Of course all Canadians are nice and polite.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Widget
Beneath "The Bell-Jar"
Forum Member

Canadians created Dream Pod 9; the most awesome P'n'P-gaming-engine I've ever seen. And it's got nothing to do with "nice" or "polte" :P
Old 04-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

that comic was made by a canadian. though shes from quebec so im not too positive if that counts... ;x
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #13
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

Here's something that really pisses me off:

Being treated like a retard during a job interview. It's like the person conducting the interview would rather see an applicant leave the interview and give up on the job so that their position as immidiate ass-kisser is secured for another week.

I'm one of those people who will actually do my homework on the company I am applying at, both through official means, and insider information to determine why I should bother working for them. Half the time the dipshit doing the interview knows even less about the company they work for than the person being questioned like he smuggled toothpaste onto a plane.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
Here's something that really pisses me off:

Being treated like a retard during a job interview. It's like the person conducting the interview would rather see an applicant leave the interview and give up on the job so that their position as immidiate ass-kisser is secured for another week.
it is an interviewers job to attempt to fire the person before they even get hired. thats the whole weeding process. its an intentional ruse to gauge your skills.

i grant you, even an interviewer can be swindled by someone whod chug on their starfish hard enough
Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #15
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

I will admit you may have a point, but from the places worth being hired by, they should be able to guage your worth without the contempt and nose-snubbing so often seen now-a-days. There are a very few places that can condusct an intelligent interview and still weed out the retarded applicants. Besides, if a potential employee can't stay on the same wavelength as the interviewer for a job, or do their research for the company they are applying at, then they should have no chance at being hired.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
Nytemare
Francisco M. Zanzibar
Forum Member

Something that pisses me off is people who get pissed off at others when they dig themselves into holes. lol
Old 04-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #17
Revanant
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
Something that pisses me off is people who get pissed off at others when they dig themselves into holes. lol
Agreed.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
Nytemare
Francisco M. Zanzibar
Forum Member

Another thing that pisses me off is busting my ass to pop Byakko, only to have the bitch not drop pants for me...
Old 04-26-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

coming from a guy who solos his byakko popsets, i know what thats like
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #20
Nytemare
Francisco M. Zanzibar
Forum Member

I don't have the jobs to do that so I had to buy mine ; ;