Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Fan Art

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #21
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,611 Times in 3,431 Posts

Fanart of all types is welcome, of any type. If they want criticism they can request it, if they don't want any, don't post any, it doesn't require 2 pages of insults to get your "criticism to be noticed" if its even considered that after so much name junk spammed.

If someone "really" wants to block all forms of comments, you can lock/unlock a thread yourself I belive. I think you can edit the 1 post while it is locked... will look into that.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:48 AM   #22
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Your realized how flawed your logic is right? Saying if they don't want someone to be a critic is like all those "Do not repost/redistrube" notices on games/CDs/etc.... nobody listens to those.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #23
Niyami
Ranger
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
Your realized how flawed your logic is right? Saying if they don't want someone to be a critic is like all those "Do not repost/redistrube" notices on games/CDs/etc.... nobody listens to those.
It's a flaw of humanity. Fortunately, 600,000 people have been prosecuted so far this year for "redistributing" those works. Maybe sooner or later people will stop seeing rules as things meant to be broken.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 AM   #24
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

I think the main thing people seem to be ignoring here is that on this forum it's not a question of what people do or what's in human nature; it's a question of what Gulkeeva says people are allowed to do >.>;
Old 08-24-2009, 02:01 AM   #25
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Yes, however I think this is going a tad overboard over one incident. There's a difference between harassment and criticism. What happened to Niy over MSN or saying "Your artwork sucks and you're a god awful artist with no talent." is harassment. Something along the lines of "It's good though it could use a tad bit of work" isn't harassment.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #26
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Although that's the thing here; Gulk's post said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
Adding a sort of new rule, which you can get a warning/temp suspension on

Please do not "harass" artists with "criticism" if they ask you to stop, stop harassing them. They are showing off their work they spent time on making to show, not for you to have it look you want it (most likely).

if they ask for some criticism, go right ahead.
The keywords being there would be 'if they ask you to stop'. He's not saying don't critique other peoples stuff, he's just saying if they don't want to be critiqued then don't critique them. Sounds perfectly logical to me.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #27
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,611 Times in 3,431 Posts

Its not the first time, it won't be the last time, but atleast people that do take the time and effort to draw something and show it, can somewhat block out unwanted posts alot easier then a moderator or me having to clean it up :P
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 AM   #28
Xiani
Gothic Lolita Catgirl
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
Yes, however I think this is going a tad overboard over one incident. There's a difference between harassment and criticism. What happened to Niy over MSN or saying "Your artwork sucks and you're a god awful artist with no talent." is harassment. Something along the lines of "It's good though it could use a tad bit of work" isn't harassment.
I think what you're missing is the fact that it was a mixture of both. Although I missed what happened, it seems she had every right to be a little upset. She had no idea if the people posting in the thread were the same ones harassing her on AIM or not. I'd be a little ticked if people went that far to be childish jerks as well.

It's not like Gulk is asking people to do something unfathomable or impossible. A little common decency, whether the internet or not, really goes a long way. He's asking that people have a little respect. It really isn't that hard.

I really do despise the attitude that "It's the internet, who cares. I can be as much of an ass as I want to be because it's the internet!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Fan Art