Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Fan Art

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

Default Signature Challenge

Howdy to all the artists of Neko-Sentai! I decided to come up with something fun, and entertaining - simply because I need a new signature. I mean no disrespect to the artist who made my current sig, but as I no longer play Felinity, I feel it's time to get one made for Bloodrose, as a Dark Knight, representing both Ragnarok and Caladbolg.

Now here's the Challenge to those interested: It canbe made similar to my current signature, or it can be drawn - either way, it will be credited to the person I chose, and I can post (with the permission of the artist of course) the entry pcitures, and let the purveyors of Neko make the choice for me in a Poll.

Special Attention: If this is in the wrong area, or needs to be moved, please message Gulkeeva and he can move it to the appropriate place, as I don't need thread spam saying it's not in the right forum/thread.

Good Luck and I'm hoping to see some talented entries!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Aluus

i tried posting like this before. until i actually started PMing some of our artists, i had no takers. i suggest you contact an artist whose work you like and see how it goes. That's how I got Wintermute to make my sig.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

INB4 someone says 'Ask Jujubee / Uzuki to do it." That's what used to happen when people made threads asking for signatures here. I'm retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
Good Luck and I'm hoping to see some talented entries!
LoL. Good Luck to you getting anyone to submit any 'entries' at all with that patronizing statement. This is a common mistake people make when asking for something from artist on the internet. No one is going to jump at the opportunity to make something for you when all they get in return is credit. Not trying to be condescending, just saying.

I'm reminded of a hilarious thing that happened on my local craigslist one time. A guy posted an ad looking for graphic artists to design a logo for his new business. He wasn't going to pay for it. Guess what he offered as compensation? "If I select your design I'll let you use it in your portfolio." LMAO! Somebody actually posted an ad in response to his saying 'How dare you." Because that's so pompous.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

Going to have to echo what's already been said. It's rare that artists will decide to do a commission for someone unless there is something in it for them, unless they have already openly offered to do free requests. It might not be as physically demanding as, say, building a house, but drawing is work too, and most artists expect to be paid, preferably on a contracted basis before turning over the final product.

That said however, I know that Marcus the Visual does take free signature requests on the official FFXI forums and you could try asking there if you're still looking for a new FFXI sig. Be warned however, the waiting list is long, so you might have to wait awhile.

Last edited by Wintermute; 02-08-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
Wingblade
Au Ra Samurai
Forum Member

Surprisingly enough i know people that do it because they enjoy doing art... not just because it pays i think thats what Bloodrose was looking for... But i really dont think this site has anyone that is out for the enjoyment of creating sadly i am only a 3d Artist so i really can't help you there.

So don't bluntly say that every artist is out in the field for ONLY compensation for their work. Because its not always about the money. Just Saying
Old 02-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #6
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingblade View Post
So don't bluntly say that every artist is out in the field for ONLY compensation for their work. Because its not always about the money. Just Saying
That's not what I was saying. I love working in Photoshop and used to make people things for fun but now I see it as a waste of time and effort. I especially won't do it for someone with a pompous ego who expects me to want to do it for them or think I'll fall for their pretentious challenge.

Nothing personal against the TC but when I see threads like this I just want to slap the arrogance out of them. You are not above the artist who you're asking for help.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

To be completely honest, I had originally thought that it would take a couple of weeks for anyone to even show interest in this, let alone all that smart ass comments.

There are a TON of people who lurk these forums looking for a reason, or someone, to give them the challenge of coming up with something unique, or simply to show off their particular talents for signatures. Of course in my OP I wasn't arrogant enough to say "I'd let you use it in your portfolio" or "I want this for free because I don't wanna pay for quality work".

I can easily be contacted through a private message for details, such as what I wanted to see, what they thought would look good, and if the artist was right, possible payment.

All it takes is even a little interest to find out the most important pieces of information you'd need when someone makes a thread like this, so now who's the smarmy bastard making arrogant assumptions? (Considering I had made a request to jujubee - aka uzuki - when my post count hit 300, since he wouldn't make one for anyone under 200, he said he'd do it, but I never once heard back on it)

Also, a Tremendous thanks to the one and only Bossmaru for making my new sig! Love ya Boss!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodrose For This Useful Post:
Bossmaru (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
All it takes is even a little interest to find out the most important pieces of information you'd need when someone makes a thread like this, so now who's the smarmy bastard making arrogant assumptions? (Considering I had made a request to jujubee - aka uzuki - when my post count hit 300, since he wouldn't make one for anyone under 200, he said he'd do it, but I never once heard back on it)
Yeah that was about 2 years ago. Look at your post count now, it's only 546. You haven't been very active. I don't make signatures for lurkers.

Quote:
There are a TON of people who lurk these forums looking for a reason, or someone, to give them the challenge of coming up with something unique, or simply to show off their particular talents for signatures.
Yeah except that challenge is something that only benefits you, a guy in the background. It's not like they're competing to have a banner they made posted at the top of the website. They're competing/trying to impress somebody who's hardly ever around. Maybe you're around but you don't post enough for people to see that glorious signature someone went through the trouble of making for you.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

Thing is, you had also agreed to make it, and silly me, for expecting people to keep their word on an agreement... man, just what was I thinking?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Why don't you post a link to that request because I can only vaguely remember it, and I can't find it either.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
Wintermute
Postcount Manipulator
Forum Member

I like your new sig. I think Bossmaru did a good job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wintermute For This Useful Post:
Bossmaru (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

That request was actually done over MSN
Old 02-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Then I definitely don't remember it, which is probably why I never made it. I remembered telling people on this forum they needed to have a certain post count if they wanted a signature from me.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

Yep, signature post count was 200 minimum, or you wouldn't do it, I hadn't asked til after mine was over 300, as requested. anyways, all drama aside, new sig looks awesome!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
Tohihroyu
[Infernal quacking]
Forum Member

Twitter: tohihroyu
Tumblr: cuddleroyu

Wow boss is good! I wanna ask her for a sig, I'm good enough at making my own & all but they are so lackluster...all I use is mspaint+photobucket lol x.x
The Following User Says Thank You to Tohihroyu For This Useful Post:
Bossmaru (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
Wingblade
Au Ra Samurai
Forum Member

ENOUGH OF THIS NOW!!!! This is going on too long and should stop now if you have a problem with the TC don't do it on the thread it just looks bad... If you don't like their wording take it up with them personally. This is getting out of hand and you two arguing over it is not going to help its just going to be a on going process till one of you stops.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 AM   #17
Aluus

seriously... took me like a solid minute of thinking about it to figure out what TC meant.

it is thread content, right?

Last edited by Aluus; 02-09-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #18
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingblade View Post
ENOUGH OF THIS NOW!!!! This is going on too long and should stop now if you have a problem with the TC don't do it on the thread it just looks bad... If you don't like their wording take it up with them personally. This is getting out of hand and you two arguing over it is not going to help its just going to be a on going process till one of you stops.
You're bitching about something that already ended and blowing it out of proportion. The only thing getting out of hand is your imagination.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #19
Aluus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzuki View Post
You're bitching about something that already ended and blowing it out of proportion. The only thing getting out of hand is your imagination.
And you're trying to have the last word instead of letting this thread die.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #20
Uzuki
Nothing
Forum Member

^ Says the guy making post with nothing to say.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Fan Art