Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #1
Alexandrious
Paladin
Forum Member

Default Neko Sentites! Dragon Quest X Campaign needs your help!

So anyone who knows me enough, will know I am a major Dragon Quest Fan. And I would talk about wanting Dragon Quest X all the time since I missed how FFXI was and XIV has bored me alot due to it following WoWs philosophy for its endgame.

Well, I am sure their are plenty here who played FFXI, maybe even loves Toriyamas Dragonball art design, or generally misses how old school mmos are.

Well, did most of you know that SE has another mmo? That is actually doing very well in Japan right now and its made more money overall now than all the mainstream single player Dragon Quests combined?

Yes, what I am talking about is Dragon Quest X.

Dragon Quest X, which has Yoshi-P himself to help design its constant content for, is SEs other MMO. However it is very different from your standard mmos. It has alot of old school appeal to it, and its combat is about as slow paced as FFXI is. However, the game has alot of elements similar to the old MMOs particularly to FFXI, while having conveniences from more modern MMOs as well.

It has a changeable job/class system just like FFXI and FFXIV, however, it has both vertical AND horizontal progression, similar to how FFXI was. It has five different races, a 6th, "Dragon" race is possibly coming at some point, but the best part of these races? You can be Human, and be one of the 5 races at the same time. Basically when you make a character, you create his human appearance, then eventually after events, you pick one of the available races, and adjust that appearance. Once you reach a certain point in the game, you will be able to swap between your Human, and your 5 tribe race anytime you want.

The world is huge, bigger than anything you seen in FFXI and FFXIV, with caves, castles, ruins, forests, deserts, even the friggen Ocean that you can go to the ocean depths to explore a underwater world, that has detail and enemies and places to discover.

Classes you can level and change, and are encouraged to play multiple classes since every class has multiple skills you can invest upon level up of the class, points into. Every class has 4-5 weapon skills you can invest points into to unlock skills of those weapons, and they all have their own passive skill line that you can put points into to get passives.

Best part of all that? Most of your passives will carry to all your other classes! Also, if you up a Weapon Skill line that another class also shares, that class will have access to that skill line and you can put points into it from that class as well!

So lets say your on Warrior and you put skill points into two hand sword. You level up warrior a good amount, and put about 65 skill points into two hand sword. Now you want to give the Gladiator class a try, your Gladiator because of warrior, and gladiator can use two hand swords, has 65 skill into two hand. Now you level up Gladiator and put 35 points into two hand to make it 100 out of 150 *which is the current skill point cap I believe at this time*. Now you switch back to warrior, and your G.Sword is at 100 with all the passives and special weapon skills it comes with.

The game has towns, cities, hamlets, rest stops and the like, making every trek you do feel like a journey, specially if your not on a mount. Honestly their is so much stuff to the game that I could spend all day typing this up to tell you all.

So I will settle for answering questions asked here, but if you like. Please, go to this link to the Woodus Dragons Den if you want to know how to give support. Since most of you have square enix accounts this will be easy for you to do. Basically you will be making a support ticket, with Dragon Quest X as the title, to then type in why is it you want DQX, and then sending that ticket. We actually have support staff taking in these tickets and keeping count all the time, because SE is intrigued with the idea of finally localizing to us this beautiful game.

Here is the link for more details, I hope everyone can help us out, the campaign is getting bigger and bigger, and with the help of some Neko Sentites, we can increase the success of getting this game localized!

Here is the link.

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35101

Thankyou everyone, and feel free to ask me any questions!

Last edited by Alexandrious; 10-23-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:37 AM   #2
Alexandrious
Paladin
Forum Member

Thank-you in advance to anyone who helped by submitting a support ticket. This game means alot to us Dragon Quest Fans, and it means a tremendous amount to me, its honestly the kinda MMO I been wanting for years, and really makes me nostalgic of Everquest and FFXI.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions