Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 07-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #1541
lewdmon
Forum Member

How far can I push group morphs until something breaks?
Old 07-25-2018, 01:20 AM   #1542
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

until the file size will go over 15mb, actual number would depend on how much mesh is moved
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
lewdmon (07-25-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #1543
lewdmon
Forum Member

It seems prudent then, to actually break up parts that will change a lot across an animation. That doesn't sound surprising at all.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:11 PM   #1544
Vexxo
Hug giver
Forum Member

hi guys! hows goin?

I had an idea a little while ago..

why dont we make a discord server for MMD?

what do you think about it?
Old 08-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #1545
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,727 Times in 3,495 Posts

Could add an MMD section to the Neko-sentai discord, since I already have one up and running O_o

Only thing that won't be allowed on there would be "loli looking mods" (Discords own rules and regulations) Although that won't stop private messaging about it *cough cough*

Last edited by Gulkeeva; 08-02-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:09 AM   #1546
lewdmon
Forum Member

The lolis can just be regular users, they don't need to be mods.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:35 AM   #1547
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

there is/was a discord for mmd. my invitation got expired so I lost interest. it wasn't anything interesting really, just more people promoting videos and pictures.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:43 AM   #1548
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,727 Times in 3,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
there is/was a discord for mmd. my invitation got expired so I lost interest. it wasn't anything interesting really, just more people promoting videos and pictures.
That would probably be what the MMD section would be mostly, although it may have people asking questions like they often do here...

I'm just wondering if their's enough interest to really go ahead and make one though O_o
Old 08-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #1549
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

sometimes nobody post anything for over a week, so its probably not worth it.
creating a community you either need a theme that draws in people, or be a constant poster yourself.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #1550
lewdmon
Forum Member

I'd rather discuss it here than iwara, and here rather than discord especially because discord suffers from the same problems as most IRC.

Guthix is absolutely right, that this place is really too quiet to sustain one anyway. If I want to do something idolmaster related, nine times out of ten, chances are MMDisaster's already done something similar, and I go eyeball his posts or someone else's until things start to click. I find it much easier to do this sort of datamining here, than on discord where useful information is often drowned out and lost to time.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #1551
Vexxo
Hug giver
Forum Member

i see,well, it was worth a shot
Old 08-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #1552
bobo666
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Greetings a lurker here. I would like to ask where I can request someone to look over a model I imported to MMD and rigged....badly. The morphs are all downscaled and the rig and joints I did are lacking.
Model in question- deviantart.com/beanisbean/art/Etna-Model-Download-Blender-552808797 (cant use URLs yet)
Apologies if this is not the right place for such a thing. (not sure if I should include the actual imported model)
Old 08-06-2018, 12:46 PM   #1553
lewdmon
Forum Member

That face really doesn't suit Etna, and the others are also ill fitting for Disgaea characters, imo. Flonne has a much gentler less barbieish face, for example.

You can get away with using TDA's bodies, maybe, because Disgaea characters aren't exactly plump, but it's still a completely different style, and it looks off to my eye. Weights and morphs are pbblblbbldfgp get it good looking first, worry about that later. I'd be more specific, but I'm essentially saying to tweak everything except arguably the clothes and hair using their official artwork as reference. Maybe Guthix feels differently.

the cat of interrogation

Last edited by lewdmon; 08-06-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:26 AM   #1554
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

na, I don't. the art style doesn't match the original. then again its not easy to replicate 2d into 3d. the model still looks nice though.
I tried exporting it to mmd as well, but the armature is way off from mmd standard. frankly I don't think you can export anything besides the mesh from that model.
since its a tda face, you could swap it for a one which has working facials.
as for the rig, I got nothing.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:11 AM   #1555
bobo666
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
na, I don't. the art style doesn't match the original. then again its not easy to replicate 2d into 3d. the model still looks nice though.
I tried exporting it to mmd as well, but the armature is way off from mmd standard. frankly I don't think you can export anything besides the mesh from that model.
since its a tda face, you could swap it for a one which has working facials.
as for the rig, I got nothing.
Well yea as I said I did manage to export it to MMD and than re-rig it. It was a long process where I had to de-rig it/ export the mesh 1 piece at a time/ reassemble it/ put in the textures /rig it and add joints to tail etc.
BUT I suck at rigging. So there is a lot of clipping on the model and on top of that I have no experience rigging clothes.
That is why I asked it if I should Upload the model (as .pmx) here for someone who might want to have a go at it.

Also there are facials but I had to resize the model so the scale of them got to 1/5 of how much it should be. And I am not sure how to fix that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	192512  
Old 08-07-2018, 02:24 AM   #1556
Morgion
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Seems like nobody shared sex motions anymore. but while looking for new good ones, I've seen lots of people making videos of these weird dance + sex + dance + sex scenes. what the heck is up with that? If I want sex, I want sex, if I want a dance, I want a dance, though frankly, I never want the dance.

do people actually like it like that? or is there some kinda rule loophole or something where they can 'sneak' sex motions in if they hide it behind a dance or something.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #1557
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgion View Post
Seems like nobody shared sex motions anymore. but while looking for new good ones, I've seen lots of people making videos of these weird dance + sex + dance + sex scenes. what the heck is up with that? If I want sex, I want sex, if I want a dance, I want a dance, though frankly, I never want the dance.

do people actually like it like that? or is there some kinda rule loophole or something where they can 'sneak' sex motions in if they hide it behind a dance or something.
all the sources I knew for sex motions are dead.
low effort cinematography trick to make the video stand out. kinda meh, but still better than sex while dancing.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #1558
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:

Kind of feels like it came with the territory being in MMD, I guess? I don't, but if I find the sex within the motion itself good I'll just crop that and attempt to make it an entire motion from that. I did that with Ademar440's recent motion. I'm not that entirely confident in my own motions, but I only do them for myself and I never thought about making them public (although about 70% of my motions are just motions that I edited to make them look better than the original and others based off of other animations/media.) Well, neither highly confident, but also that I have some myriad of motions that I devote to myself, only that I think would only suit myself.

Quote:
Could add an MMD section to the Neko-sentai discord, since I already have one up and running O_o
On that topic though, even if it did exist, I wouldn't join myself. Going on well-known social platforms to discuss stuff never was my interest, but all the same, I'd say nah, not needed.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:01 AM   #1559
Morgion
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
Kind of feels like it came with the territory being in MMD, I guess? I don't, but if I find the sex within the motion itself good I'll just crop that and attempt to make it an entire motion from that. I did that with Ademar440's recent motion.
I never heard of Ademar440. took a look. saw a patreon page. Am I missing something or are you not able to see what you're buying before you buy it? I have no interest in looking at videos other people made. I myself like applying motions to the models I like, mostly because I have a fetish for clothed sex, not naked, and everyone strips their girls down after the first scene or something. bah. Or have the boobs hanging out only, even worse.

Plus I don't want to buy someone's content and then find out I think it sucks lol.

I realize with patreon you can pretend to pledge and then cancel at the last moment or something but I feel dirty doing that and wouldn't do that intentionally.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:42 AM   #1560
mithraug
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:

It's all in the eye of the beholder. Personally I find straight up animated sex motions boring. I find straight naked dancing even more boring.

My personal preference is exhibitionism. Strip dances with actual stripping motions (clothes that magically disappear also bore me) are good and even better if there is some masturbation mixed into the dance (like pr0nb0tz's videos, even though he doesn't do striptease).

Of course, the best examples of what I like are the videos I've created myself (which I haven't done in a couple of years, just can't find the motivation...)

I figure people tend to create the things that they themselves like. Except of course for the cookie cutter videos (load pre-made model and stage, apply pre-made motion, render) but I just ignore those altogether.

I do feel like I need to make some more videos soon though. In the hopes that it will inspire others to make similar videos.

Last edited by mithraug; 08-08-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat