Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 05-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
nekohime1138
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Gear Mods and Bounce Physics

I've been playing around with gear mods following linko's tutorials (thank you so much btw!) and I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.

I'm combining meshes from two female huyr body pieces. The first piece (the model I'm editing) does not have bounce physics. The second piece (the one I'm taking meshes from) does. After combining them and importing the model everything displays properly in game but there's no bounce and I want to add it.

Is there anything in model itself that controls that or does it just look up a value in a table somewhere?
Old 05-30-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

This is based on weight values assigned to vertexes on the mesh itself. The character skeleton has bones that are specificly assigned to physics, so when the developer wants an item to have them they will go in and do what is known as 'weight sharing' between the 'Spine' bone and 'Physics' bone.

So, long story short - if you have no way of reassigning the weight values so they are shared then you won't be able to add this back in. I don't do mod work on FFXIV, this is just something I remember from back when I used to do it on FFXI, so I wouldn't know if there is a way of doing this or not with mod tools currently available.

I know for FFXI when it came to anything that had to do with weight value assignment I had to use Virtual Reality Studio by Cresdes. Whether or not there is something like this for FFXIV I don't know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion