Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 03:08 AM   #1661
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Just need a recommendation

Finally got back to working on the model I'm working on. I made a sphere like background for the cockpit model but can't decide on what the inside should look like, any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (128).png
Views:	59
Size:	379.6 KB
ID:	193383  
Old 09-30-2018, 06:31 AM   #1662
Ruiyabi
Miko hani
Forum Member

It's not working password ia "sabaru" or "ābaru"
Old 09-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #1663
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki98 View Post
Finally got back to working on the model I'm working on. I made a sphere like background for the cockpit model but can't decide on what the inside should look like, any ideas?
add some transparent panels and crank auto-lum on them to make some "screens"
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
Yuki98 (10-01-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 11:12 PM   #1664
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
add some transparent panels and crank auto-lum on them to make some "screens"
What's auto-lum?
p.s I made some transparent panels but it looked weird so I scraped it. Thanks for the idea though. I decided to use a Rhombus pattern on the sphere because of the suggestion
Old 10-01-2018, 02:16 AM   #1665
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki98 View Post
What's auto-lum?
p.s I made some transparent panels but it looked weird so I scraped it. Thanks for the idea though. I decided to use a Rhombus pattern on the sphere because of the suggestion
AutoLuminous, it's an effect that makes things light up with basically no configuration necessary... but in order to use it the object has to be set up for it ahead of time. Check tutorials for information on it, I don't really use it. I stick to ObjectLuminous.

Transparency in MMD is different from other 3D software and not very intuitive. It has to do with the drawing order of the materials in your model, which is adjusted on the Materials tab in PMXEditor. Transparent materials should always be as low in the draw order as possible. If you have multiple transparent materials, you'll have to decide which needs to be lowest in the draw order, because the lowest material will not be visible through the higher one.
The Following User Says Thank You to MMDisaster For This Useful Post:
Yuki98 (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 04:44 AM   #1666
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
AutoLuminous, it's an effect that makes things light up with basically no configuration necessary... but in order to use it the object has to be set up for it ahead of time. Check tutorials for information on it, I don't really use it. I stick to ObjectLuminous.

Transparency in MMD is different from other 3D software and not very intuitive. It has to do with the drawing order of the materials in your model, which is adjusted on the Materials tab in PMXEditor. Transparent materials should always be as low in the draw order as possible. If you have multiple transparent materials, you'll have to decide which needs to be lowest in the draw order, because the lowest material will not be visible through the higher one.
I thought ahead when making the sphere and I decided to make the sphere mesh inside out instead of outside. By making it have its textures inside it makes it so that the image is visible from any angle.
Thanks for the AutoLuminous info.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (129).png
Views:	26
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	193394  
Old 10-02-2018, 01:38 AM   #1667
Ruiyabi
Miko hani
Forum Member

https://bowlroll.net/file/14093

https://bowlroll.net/file/14094
Old 10-02-2018, 01:40 AM   #1668
Ruiyabi
Miko hani
Forum Member

Code:
つみだんごさん Tumidango-san

Last edited by Gulkeeva; 10-02-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #1669
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Are domes in fashion? I made one myself a few days ago.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #1670
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Thanks for the help

I'm done with my darling in the franxx cockpit model for now. I'm still improving my skills when it comes to modeling and texturing. I'll probably redo it in the future but for now this is it.

http://tstorage.info/9q5pu1y37wn2

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Franxxx Service.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	193407  
The Following User Says Thank You to Yuki98 For This Useful Post:
Petardo238 (11-29-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #1671
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Saw it on the booru, congratulations.

As for me, I am puzzling myself stupid over how the hell Sketchup handles its file size. I found some ship I am trying to shrink down to a reasonable size to use in MMD or at least to export from my old-ass laptop that can actually export from Sketchup (specifically getting rid of all the exterior parts and only keeping the interior area), and somehow the file size has gone UP. And not a small amount; the original untouched version is 14.3 MB and after multiple hours of slowly whittling away unneeded mesh and vertices, the file size is now 60.1 MB. I don't fucking get it.

Original for anyone who wants to try their luck: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...alth-destroyer My chopped down but bloated version is the attachment, and by attachment I mean TStorage link because my internet keeps eating shit. http://tstorage.info/8ult3spjgc4o

Last edited by MMDisaster; 10-03-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:25 AM   #1672
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Saw it on the booru, congratulations.

As for me, I am puzzling myself stupid over how the hell Sketchup handles its file size. I found some ship I am trying to shrink down to a reasonable size to use in MMD or at least to export from my old-ass laptop that can actually export from Sketchup (specifically getting rid of all the exterior parts and only keeping the interior area), and somehow the file size has gone UP. And not a small amount; the original untouched version is 14.3 MB and after multiple hours of slowly whittling away unneeded mesh and vertices, the file size is now 60.1 MB. I don't fucking get it.

Original for anyone who wants to try their luck: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...alth-destroyer My chopped down but bloated version is the attachment, and by attachment I mean TStorage link because my internet keeps eating shit. http://tstorage.info/8ult3spjgc4o
Thanks, I'm not to sure of sketchup but you should try to open it in another program or check the sketch up settings. Not sure where I read it but apparently if you work in sketch up depending on what your doing it adds data to the file.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:36 AM   #1673
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Strange Question

What's a good name for a yugioh monster card of an MMD model?
I was thinking "MMD Summon" but it doesn't seem right
Any ideas
Old 10-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #1674
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Afraid I won't be much help on that one, I've never played Yugioh and know nothing about it other than memes, Abridged and Youtube Poops. Maybe just use "Vocaloid Summon" if it's a Vocaloid character, and so forth?

Speaking of Youtube, I've got my demo movie ready finally. PM me if you want to see it and I'll send you a DL link. It's about 60% of the full movie's length but a lot of effects are still missing from it, and there are some deliberate physics errors in it that I'll remove in the final. I'll point out what those are; other than that I'm looking for CC, so be brutal in your assessments if needed. I'll also send you the movie clip I'm tracing so you can compare.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:32 AM   #1675
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

pot of greed...and the model spreads her legs pointing to her vagina [ too narcissistic?]

ill pass on the demo. I'm kinda sick of all the tests and teasers. No point in scrutiny if you're already aware of current issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
Yuki98 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #1676
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Put some words into a hat, shake them up, and pick out two or three until you get something that can be drawn. I'm pretty sure that's what Kazuki Takahashi did, Yuki. or just use this https://mmda.booru.org/index.php?pag...s=view&id=1320

I'd be happy to check a sample of your work via PM, but you probably already knew that, mmdisaster.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:17 AM   #1677
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Afraid I won't be much help on that one, I've never played Yugioh and know nothing about it other than memes, Abridged and Youtube Poops. Maybe just use "Vocaloid Summon" if it's a Vocaloid character, and so forth?

Speaking of Youtube, I've got my demo movie ready finally. PM me if you want to see it and I'll send you a DL link. It's about 60% of the full movie's length but a lot of effects are still missing from it, and there are some deliberate physics errors in it that I'll remove in the final. I'll point out what those are; other than that I'm looking for CC, so be brutal in your assessments if needed. I'll also send you the movie clip I'm tracing so you can compare.
Sure I'll check it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
pot of greed...and the model spreads her legs pointing to her vagina [ too narcissistic?]

ill pass on the demo. I'm kinda sick of all the tests and teasers. No point in scrutiny if you're already aware of current issues.
Pot of greed..... I like your idea. I might make a model of it in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
Put some words into a hat, shake them up, and pick out two or three until you get something that can be drawn. I'm pretty sure that's what Kazuki Takahashi did, Yuki. or just use this https://mmda.booru.org/index.php?pag...s=view&id=1320

I'd be happy to check a sample of your work via PM, but you probably already knew that, mmdisaster.
That link is nightmare fuel XD, I already named the card. MMD Servant Summon and i'm already done just adding some bones and body physics right now.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #1678
Yuki98
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Need MME Help

Someone recommended me this cool effect that deforms a model into or out of a object but can't get it to work for me. I have MME effects but i'm not familiar with these type of effects except shaders. If anyone is good at using these types of effects plz help.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33910240
https://bowlroll.net/file/178163
Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 PM   #1679
Morgion
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:

I got object luminous first, dabbled with it a bit, was mildly pleased, then tried auto, had much better results, and haven't looked back. But I still don't know what I'm doing very much with mmd.

I kinda know how to edit a model to be AU compatible myself, but it's quite time-consuming, and involves drawing vertices around objects I want lit like you showed me awhile back, plus and it adds a bunch of needless polygons to the model doing that.

Would object-luminous be better at say, seeing a model that's all black with pink highlights, but not designed to be lit, and 'know' to make the pink parts luminous, and the black parts not?

If so, would it also be good at allowing me to 'turn off' a particular pink part or something if I felt didn't fit with the rest?

If not, are there any luminous effects I should look at that would help me simply say 'light up this colour on this model'?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:29 PM   #1680
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgion View Post
I got object luminous first, dabbled with it a bit, was mildly pleased, then tried auto, had much better results, and haven't looked back. But I still don't know what I'm doing very much with mmd.

I kinda know how to edit a model to be AU compatible myself, but it's quite time-consuming, and involves drawing vertices around objects I want lit like you showed me awhile back, plus and it adds a bunch of needless polygons to the model doing that.

Would object-luminous be better at say, seeing a model that's all black with pink highlights, but not designed to be lit, and 'know' to make the pink parts luminous, and the black parts not?

If so, would it also be good at allowing me to 'turn off' a particular pink part or something if I felt didn't fit with the rest?

If not, are there any luminous effects I should look at that would help me simply say 'light up this colour on this model'?
AutoLuminous is an effect that's designed to be easy to use for people who are making movies with it, with the understanding that the models and stages they're using are already compatible with it. Then all you have to do is drop the effect in and make your movie. Where it's complicated is that the materials of a model have to be set in a certain way for the effect to work on them (iirc one of the criteria is that the shininess of the material has to be set to exactly 110, and you usually have to make custom facial sliders to adjust the effect because you can't do much in the accessories tab to tweak AL other than transparency) so most of the work falls on the person modeling or editing whatever model or prop's going to use the effect.

ObjectLuminous on the other hand requires no prior work on the model because you can apply it to literally anything. Where the work comes in for it is that when you're in MMD setting up your movie you have to go into MMEffect and disable the blackmasking for whatever materials you want to light up, which means using Subset Extract and potentially combing through dozens or even hundreds of materials to find the one you want to light up.

So it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. You either do extensive prep work in PMDEditor to configure a model or stage for AutoLuminous, then never have to worry about it again because you can plug and play in MMD, or you use ObjectLuminous and go with what you already have, but you'll have to configure it again on every new movie you make.

If you're using a model or object that has a minimal amount of materials I'd say ObjectLuminous is going to be easier because there's no prior work required and you can quickly set the effect up in MME. Assuming the pink parts are all on one material, and the black parts are all on another, that's a piece of cake. Remove OLBlackMask from that material = all the pink lights up. However, if you have something like a stage where everything's split up into 100 different materials it could be a scavenger hunt figuring out which material is the one that's supposed to light up.

The other thing about ObjectLuminous is that you can load multiple instances of it, and use a different one with each material you want to light up. That allows you to set different luminosity or transparency for the light on each one. You can do that with AutoLuminous as well but only if the models have sliders to allow adjusting it. Without those, it's all or nothing; everything is lit up or nothing is, and it's all at the same intensity of light. Again, six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Ironically considering I just dissed AutoLuminous, I'm actually using it right now in a still-image change of pace project I started this weekend, but again, the stage I'm using it in was configured beforehand for it so I didn't have to do the work. Also it doesn't have adjustment sliders for it so I'm stuck with what I get... pic related.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	goingdown.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	193549  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat