Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 05-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #1481
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

>sloppy resource management programming or shenanigans?
i've come across some scripts that don't close when you hit the x button, instead you need to right click the taskbar icon to exit.
but nothing of the like from github
Old 05-16-2018, 02:56 AM   #1482
ponchi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

this possible convert girls from new Illusion game (Koikatu) like from 3DCM2 ?
in this game very beautiful models ... its would be great ...
Shinobu look very cooool
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shinobu.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	190730  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:48 AM   #1483
HM94544
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I have again problems with a password.
hxxps://bowlroll.net/file/167087
Code:
The tip is:
パスワード:Hatsushimohatenshi 言い換えると ○○○○○○○(平仮名)
Google:
Password: Hatsushimohatenshi In other words ○○○○○○○ (Hiragana)
tried to concatenate the words in hiragana:
hatsushimo	初霜
ha	は
tenshi	天使

But does not work

Last edited by Gulkeeva; 05-20-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:06 AM   #1484
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM94544 View Post
I have again problems with a password.
hxxps://bowlroll.net/file/167087

The tip is:
Code:
パスワード:Hatsushimohatenshi 言い換えると ○○○○○○○(平仮名)
Google:
Password: Hatsushimohatenshi In other words ○○○○○○○ (Hiragana)
tried to concatenate the words in hiragana:
hatsushimo	初霜
ha	は
tenshi	天使
But does not work
Posting Japanese text has to be wrapped in code tags to display properly. The correct password is "hatsushimofumofu" in hiragana only. It's a portmanteau of "Hatsushimo" and "Mofumofu" which means soft and fluffy.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #1485
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

I have a question. I want to try to do a specific motion with a specific sex position but I have to deal with the knees of the legs bending themselves through the ground. It's kind of like the doggy style except the giver's body is hunched near over the receiver. I know it's possible to use the leg bones to move the entire leg, but I've been used to using the IK bones for that. Is there a nicer bone setup to prevent the knees from digging in the ground (or just keeping it still or it moving very little during the thrust) as well as making the body able to hunch over without it looking too unnatural? I think I may understand how to do that second thing, but I want to make sure.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #1486
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
I have a question. I want to try to do a specific motion with a specific sex position but I have to deal with the knees of the legs bending themselves through the ground. It's kind of like the doggy style except the giver's body is hunched near over the receiver. I know it's possible to use the leg bones to move the entire leg, but I've been used to using the IK bones for that. Is there a nicer bone setup to prevent the knees from digging in the ground (or just keeping it still or it moving very little during the thrust) as well as making the body able to hunch over without it looking too unnatural? I think I may understand how to do that second thing, but I want to make sure.
You can still manipulate the thigh and knee bones with IK chains turned on but you have to be careful because they don't react the way you'd normally expect when they're part of the IK. You're pretty much restricted to rotating them on the Y and Z axis only (I generally use Z). My advice would be to try to position the knees where you know where they'd need to be to avoid clipping at the point of the motion they're most likely to clip (generally this involves rotating them outwards relative to the body), then work backwards from that. Since IKs are turned on the feet should stay where they are.

As for the second question, it's just a matter of the upper and lower body bones not having too great a difference in angle from each other or it'll look like it's folding in on itself. If your model has a waist bone, it's handy for that; you can use it to get the body in the general angle you want it at, then use the upper and lower body bones for finer positioning. The upper body 2 bone is also useful for this because it lets you make a more complex curve; you can rotate 10-15 degrees with the upper body and then another 20-25 with the upper body 2 and it should still look okay. That gets you to 35-40 degrees total bend on top of what you did with the waist.

If your model doesn't have a waist, just try to keep the X angles for the upper and lower body bones as close as possible. The body is honestly the easy part; the hard part is the arms and hands.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #1487
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
You can still manipulate the thigh and knee bones with IK chains turned on...
IK Chains? Does that just count the orange box bone at the foot, cause that's what always used. It's probably not though. Not sure if that's a thing that MMM has, since I'm using that.

Quote:
You're pretty much restricted to rotating them on the Y and Z axis only...
I usually adjust the thigh bone to spread out the legs with positions like this and spread the latter with the IK bone with X axis... maybe that's also another reason.

Quote:
...try to position the knees where you know where they'd need to be to avoid clipping at the point of the motion they're most likely to clip (generally this involves rotating them outwards relative to the body), then work backwards from that.
Is this combined with the previous IK chains? Trying to get the knee bone to do anything just makes the latter leg twitchy. I don't think I figured out this method reliably. Only usually find that this happens when I edit some existing motions. Rotate outwards? Work backwards? Ahh... I got a ways to go. Legs are kind of troublesome since I almost always can't get them to cooperate. I've made plenty of motions and they don't deal that much with having to gear the legs.

Edit: I think I might... understand? I'm sure I have a motion that deals with this. Still going to ask for clarification though.

Last edited by QuestionableEnigma; 05-20-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #1488
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
IK Chains? Does that just count the orange box bone at the foot, cause that's what always used. It's probably not though. Not sure if that's a thing that MMM has, since I'm using that.

I usually adjust the thigh bone to spread out the legs with positions like this and spread the latter with the IK bone with X axis... maybe that's also another reason.

Is this combined with the previous IK chains? Trying to get the knee bone to do anything just makes the latter leg twitchy. I don't think I figured out this method reliably. Only usually find that this happens when I edit some existing motions. Rotate outwards? Work backwards? Ahh... I got a ways to go. Legs are kind of troublesome since I almost always can't get them to cooperate. I've made plenty of motions and they don't deal that much with having to gear the legs.

Edit: I think I might... understand? I'm sure I have a motion that deals with this. Still going to ask for clarification though.
What I meant was the positions of the actual knees relative to the body, not the numeric angles of the knee bones (I would leave those alone and just use the thigh bones). Try using yourself as a reference, that's what I do. Imitate the position you're trying to get the model in, look at your legs' position relative to your body. Are your knees directly under you or did you have to spread your legs out to get your body in the right vertical position? Are they out in front of you or more to the sides and back?

Once you know how you want the legs to look, use the feet IKs to position the feet and the thigh bones to swivel the legs into the right angle.

When I say work backwards, I mean find the part of the motion where the knees are most likely to be low enough to clip through the floor. Then position the legs so you know they won't be clipping at that point, and work back towards the beginning of the motion, readjusting the legs as needed at each keyframe. Since you already made sure the legs wouldn't clip at the lowest point, you shouldn't have a problem with them clipping at any other point unless they glitch out. Once you've got it corrected back to the beginning, then you can work forward through the rest of the motion.

An IK chain is every bone controlled by the IK bone. In a leg IK that would be the ankle, knee and thigh. In MMD those bones are colored yellow with the IK itself orange, I'm not sure what color they are in MMM. Bear in mind a lot of pre-made motions don't account for the leg bones because it's assumed the IK is going to handle all motion for the leg, so that may be why things get weird when you try to manipulate a leg bone on a premade motion.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #1489
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
What I meant was the positions of the actual knees relative to the body, not the numeric angles of the knee bones (I would leave those alone and just use the thigh bones). Try using yourself as a reference, that's what I do. Imitate the position you're trying to get the model in, look at your legs' position relative to your body. Are your knees directly under you or did you have to spread your legs out to get your body in the right vertical position? Are they out in front of you or more to the sides and back?

Once you know how you want the legs to look, use the feet IKs to position the feet and the thigh bones to swivel the legs into the right angle.

When I say work backwards, I mean find the part of the motion where the knees are most likely to be low enough to clip through the floor. Then position the legs so you know they won't be clipping at that point, and work back towards the beginning of the motion, readjusting the legs as needed at each keyframe. Since you already made sure the legs wouldn't clip at the lowest point, you shouldn't have a problem with them clipping at any other point unless they glitch out. Once you've got it corrected back to the beginning, then you can work forward through the rest of the motion.

An IK chain is every bone controlled by the IK bone. In a leg IK that would be the ankle, knee and thigh. In MMD those bones are colored yellow with the IK itself orange, I'm not sure what color they are in MMM. Bear in mind a lot of pre-made motions don't account for the leg bones because it's assumed the IK is going to handle all motion for the leg, so that may be why things get weird when you try to manipulate a leg bone on a premade motion.
I just realized last night, that it was actually easier than I thought to actually do it. Thankfully, the Semi-Standard Bone plug-in will help, since I think it adds waist bones. MMM is a really good convenient alternative to MMD, both HUD wise and for doing motions. MMM is kind of more heavyweight on your computer than the lightweight MMD though in terms of CPU/GPU usage.

Last edited by QuestionableEnigma; 05-21-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #1490
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
I just realized last night, that it was actually easier than I thought to actually do it. Thankfully, the Semi-Standard Bone plug-in will help, since I think it adds waist bones. MMM is a really good convenient alternative to MMD, both HUD wise and for doing motions. MMM is kind of more heavyweight on your computer than the lightweight MMD though in terms of CPU/GPU usage.
Semi-Standard is one of the best plugins there is, especially considering there are still models being released today that don't even have a groove bone or arm twists. I have a lot of plugins I either use barely or not at all (mostly because they're untranslated and I don't have a clear grasp of how they work), but to me the ones nobody should be without are Semi-Standard Bones, UV Editor, UV Map Generator, High-Poly, Material Duplicator, Mirroring, Weight Transfer and Weight Target Replace.

CPU usage is a relative thing. MMD loads up in a second and a half but I'm more than capable of making it lag the fuck out of my system with certain effects like a close-up of an explosion. Like this.

It's surprising to me how the frame rate drops when you have a close up in MMD. I figured it would be like video games where close-ups reduce lag because less polygons are being rendered on screen, but instead it seems to involve how much of the screen is taken up by the models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lag.png
Views:	26
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	190892  
Old 05-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #1491
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

>UV Map Generator, High-Poly, Material Duplicator, Mirroring and Weight Target Replace.

what do they do? uv editor saved me from hell once and I still have a tiny ember of hope ill dress up a body properly some day.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #1492
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
>UV Map Generator, High-Poly, Material Duplicator, Mirroring and Weight Target Replace.

what do they do? uv editor saved me from hell once and I still have a tiny ember of hope ill dress up a body properly some day.
UV Map Generator is what I'd call the essential companion to UV Editor. It outputs a transparent png UV map of a given mesh material; it natively exports at the same resolution as the texture file, but you can customize it so if you have a texture that's 512x512 but you want the map output at 1024x1024 for more precision, you can do it. It made me so damn happy when I discovered it because my previous solution for making a UV map was a ridiculous process of screenshotting UV Editor and copying the black mesh map part into Photoshop, which rarely worked right since the plugin window was not the same size as the texture map and resizing it inevitably misaligned it. I think I got it on bowlroll, I'm not sure though, so here it is.

High-Poly splits polygons into larger numbers of smaller polygons for more precise shaping and makes a new mesh material with it (the original mesh is untouched). It has three settings that control how much rounding off the plugin does. Rounding is very hit or miss, it can distort the surfaces and for pointed parts like hair bangs it often cuts them short and splits the point into multiple loose vertices. You have to experiment with it to see what works best. It only runs in PMX Editor, it will not work in PMD Editor no matter what version. Also it adds a SHITLOAD of vertices so if you use it on the whole model your vertex count will explode.

Material Duplicator just makes an exact copy of selected materials, weighted and everything. It's extremely bare-bones, you don't select how much of the mesh it copies, it copies all of it. If the material you had had 15000 vertices, it'll generate another 15000 vertex copy.

Mirroring does what it says: Generates a mirrored copy. Cuts out mirroring the entire model and then resaving/importing back into the original.

Weight Transfer is super helpful for getting a quick rig onto something. It matches up bone weighting with the x/y/z coordinates of a given model that you saved the weights from. If the new model has the same vertices in the same general area it should generate a passable rig, but if the models have different dimensions you'll probably still have to do manual cleanup. I have two versions and I don't remember which one I'm using so here's both.

Weight Target Replace repoints a vertex's weight from one bone to another. You select the bone # the vertices of a given material are assigned to currently, and then the one you want to transfer that weight value to, and it does the rest. It's not very precise because it does all the vertices in a selected material that have weight to that bone, but you can at least select which materials you do and don't want to transfer weight for.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WeightTargetReplace.zip (13.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: zip TransferWeights.zip (19.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: zip TransferWeights_20110503.zip (22.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: zip HighPoly_12.zip (24.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: zip HighPoly_ReadMe_EN.zip (969 Bytes, 19 views)
File Type: zip UV展開図_色.zip (16.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: zip UVエディタ_配布用_2.zip (52.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: zip 材質複製.zip (554.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: zip MirroringPlugin.v.1.zip (21.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-22-2018, 02:23 AM   #1493
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Material Duplicator seems redundant, given the ease of making copies.

UV Map Generator would have saved me days of manual layer aiming in photoshop and attempts to export the uv map that matches the texture in blender.

Weight Transfer, i've used that one. thing with weight is, I try various values and even think up methods of fixing leftover clipping, but in the end I just go , "I have no clue wtf i'm doing" due to it still clipping, or the mesh looking distorted from certain angles.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:07 PM   #1494
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Material Duplicator seems redundant, given the ease of making copies.

UV Map Generator would have saved me days of manual layer aiming in photoshop and attempts to export the uv map that matches the texture in blender.

Weight Transfer, i've used that one. thing with weight is, I try various values and even think up methods of fixing leftover clipping, but in the end I just go , "I have no clue wtf i'm doing" due to it still clipping, or the mesh looking distorted from certain angles.
The only time I've used Weight Transfer is when I'm extruding. The extruded vertices start out unrigged so by using Weight Transfer I can copy the original rigging of the vertices they started as before they were extruded onto them in a couple seconds rather than have to go back and manually enter weight values for every single point.

Material Duplicator is handy because it only copies that material, not any bones, rigid bodies or joints, and the original rigging is preserved. If I made a copy and then imported it I would have go back and merge or delete all that stuff.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #1495
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I know I post a lot of my issues in here, but I was hoping someone could help me with this.
I have a model that I'm trying to get working correctly.
This model.

The model works pretty well, but her legs are fucked 6 ways from Sunday. I tried removing the extra bones, but that just made it worse. Then I tried making all the legs bones linked to the IK chain, but that didn't work either.
I just want her legs to work normal then in a motion...
Old 05-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #1496
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

>I know I post a lot of my issues in here
kinda the sole purpose of this thread
no ones posting jack shit when it comes to content [and if they do there's barely any reaction]

as for the legs. short version you won't fix it without weighting.

the model has 4 legs.
2 have the standard structure, but unweighted and I think they might be off in the hip area regarding coordinates
second 2 have something most models don't have. knees. all the weights are here.
the legs look bad, because both leg pairs go out of sync, despite w/e bone link they have. so to fix it you'd either need to weight the legs to the main legs. or remove the knee bone and restore the bone chain in the secondary bones.
oddly enough, did a test motion and it wasn't that bad.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:28 AM   #1497
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
short version you won't fix it without weighting.
I actually tried that. But the freaking verts are annoying. There are parts that are weighted to the mother bone that, no matter how you play with them, they wont un-weight. I even tried removing the old mother bone and making a new one, but the verts still wouldn't weight fully to the legs. I guess I'll just have to use the model as it is...
Old 05-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #1498
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

im not sure why the motherbone is relevant to you, all the values are 0 [ just because its blue, it doesn't mean its weighted]. also the weighting doesn't go to the motherbone after removing the knee bone.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:20 AM   #1499
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
im not sure why the motherbone is relevant to you, all the values are 0 [ just because its blue, it doesn't mean its weighted]. also the weighting doesn't go to the motherbone after removing the knee bone.
It's relevant because, after feathering out the verts on the thigh bone there are 2 lines of verts the don't move with that bone (same with this shin bone) They stay stationary when the leg is bent. Which is why I removed and replaced the mother bone in hopes of them default weighting to the bones they are supposed to be weighted to.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #1500
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
It's relevant because, after feathering out the verts on the thigh bone there are 2 lines of verts the don't move with that bone (same with this shin bone) They stay stationary when the leg is bent. Which is why I removed and replaced the mother bone in hopes of them default weighting to the bones they are supposed to be weighted to.
don't know what feathering is and can't find the stuck verticles.

did you try weighting 100% on one bone and then w/e value you want on the second one? that usually breaks all the loose ends, that are hard to find.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat