Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #241
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

When i try to use this in a populated area, selecting the name from the drop down gives me the wrong name under the Now editing player"", consistently.

It allows me to edit whatever player is actually displayed there, but not the name I selected. Is this basically what the last Q/A under character related help is? Who it decides to edit changes repeatedly if I select a different name too.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #242
Semen Demon
XMan Milk MephistophelesX
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty View Post
When i try to use this in a populated area, selecting the name from the drop down gives me the wrong name under the Now editing player"", consistently.

It allows me to edit whatever player is actually displayed there, but not the name I selected. Is this basically what the last Q/A under character related help is? Who it decides to edit changes repeatedly if I select a different name too.
its how the game is made, it moves the characters around in memory a lot, once I come up with a good solution to this problem I will have it solved but until then just go to a less populated area or choose a player that appears higher up on the list
Old 09-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #243
Ioenta
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Thanks for the new version! I am looking forward to having the character size XYZ functionality back, as I use that one a lot. One thing I noticed was that when I loaded my old settings file, it appears that it used the values for weapon XYZ for the character XYZ. Also, when I manually changed the value for the character XYZ, it was changing the weapon size in-game. I just wanted to let you know in case that is any help to you.

Thanks, again!
Old 09-04-2017, 07:53 PM   #244
PrettyKitty
Secretly A Lizard
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semen Demon View Post
its how the game is made, it moves the characters around in memory a lot, once I come up with a good solution to this problem I will have it solved but until then just go to a less populated area or choose a player that appears higher up on the list
One other thing. Changing a piece of gear doesn't update in game anymore to what the program has set for gear. I remember using it before, I could set specific gear for someone and wait on them to either change class or change a piece of gear, and it would update them to what the trainer has set for them to wear. (Help also states changing a visible piece of gear should work)

Doing that now causes them to actually reset back to their default gear, so gpose has become the only way to get someones character to update. Even if I have the gear locked.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:03 PM   #245
tts32
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty View Post
One other thing. Changing a piece of gear doesn't update in game anymore to what the program has set for gear. I remember using it before, I could set specific gear for someone and wait on them to either change class or change a piece of gear, and it would update them to what the trainer has set for them to wear. (Help also states changing a visible piece of gear should work)

Doing that now causes them to actually reset back to their default gear, so gpose has become the only way to get someones character to update. Even if I have the gear locked.
How do you manage to change others people gear? i have only been able to do it during an instance using gpose but doesnt work on the open world
Old 09-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #246
Morgana
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tts32 View Post
How do you manage to change others people gear? i have only been able to do it during an instance using gpose but doesnt work on the open world
you can only edit other peoples characters when they are either in your party
or in your friendlist or FC otherwise you wont be able to edit them it will be limited too changing there height and size and skin color and stuff

again when they are in your friendlist,FC or in a party with you than you can change anything about them
Old 09-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #247
Toomanyesps
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Is it possible to change your hair to other race's hairstyles or the Mog Station-exclusive hairstyles? I wanted to try out Minfilia's and Y'sthola's hairstyles before I bought their sets since that's mainly why I'd even buy them.

My character is elezen, so the special hairstyles I've seen are Hilda's and Ysayle's, but I went through all 37 choices in the selection and they're all "vanilla" hairstyles besides those.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #248
newrdm
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

just starting to mess with this:

1. anything is broken atm? (what not to touch, will crash)
2. will these changes work in open world or only /gpose?
3. will the changes stay after zoning?
4. how to correctly edit? unfreeze value, change, freeze value etc

ty
Old 09-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #249
Janna
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Hi all,
I just tried the tool and wanted to thank you SD :)
Really great to have something like that available for FF14.
It might save me from spending more money for fantasia

I have a question though if you people don't mind:
Is it somehow possible to use a custom quest NPC appearance for my Character
I would really like to have the appearance of Mide but I have no idea how to do it.
The only thing I was able to get to work was her gear.

I saw someone at the mi'qo thread who was able to do that with Hilda,Minfilia etc. mentioning your tool.

I would really appreciate any help there ._. Have been trying for some hours now.

Thanks again!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:47 PM   #250
RyH
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

1. Select NPC in drop-down list
2. Misc > Save Values as "Mide"
3. Select yourself in drop-down list
4. Misc > Load Values "Mide"
5. Use /gpose

Last edited by RyH; 09-21-2017 at 05:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyH For This Useful Post:
Janna (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:43 PM   #251
Janna
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyH View Post
1. Select NPC in drop-down list
2. Misc > Save Values as "Mide"
3. Select yourself in drop-down list
4. Misc > Load Values "Mide"
5. Use /gpose
Thank you very much!

Edit: There seems to be an issue though. Everything is ok while in /gpose or video sequences but when you exit them, the skin-/eye-/hair/-lip color change to your unedited ones ._.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mide.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	186792  

Last edited by Janna; 09-21-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:37 AM   #252
RyH
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Works fine for me with Lyse, you might want to use refresh drop-down list and load values again to make sure the values had been fully loaded/saved

If this doesn't work, you can join Semen Demon's Discord and ask if anyone there knows how to fix it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	58e8a1a880d0d367f0938ec78a7d6b29.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	543.4 KB
ID:	186793  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #253
Semen Demon
XMan Milk MephistophelesX
Forum Member

theres an out.7z file included since forever that has all the npcs, and the trainer has the functionality to export the NPC things
Old 09-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #254
ANaughtyMiqote
Perverted Programmer
Forum Member

The list of NPCs should load ones that show up in cutscenes (assuming cutscenes are just scripted with normal stuff) and different points in the story, right? I'm trying to find Yotsuyu so I can rip her LUA, but I haven't seen her in any of the lists.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:10 AM   #255
RyH
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

This worked for me:
1. Go into \Semen Demon Trainer\cfg\data\csvtolua and open up the out-file, find "Yotsuyu_0.lua" and extract it somewhere
2. Go to \Semen Demon Trainer\cfg\data and create a folder named "csvt"
3. Create another folder inside the csvt folder named "in"
4. Now place "Yotsuyu_0.lua" inside \Semen Demon Trainer\cfg\data\csvt\in
5. Open up the trainer and load the extracted values "Yotsuyu_0.lua"

I really couldn't find any functionality to export the out-file, probably missed it somewhere.. I guess. I remember clicking the dick of the guy after loading the trainer was a thing, dunno if that was the function but its not there anymore. But this method should work too

@Janna try the same with "Mide_11.lua" inside the out-file if you still have problems with the loaded values
The Following User Says Thank You to RyH For This Useful Post:
Falsehood (09-23-2017)
Old 09-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #256
Janna
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
This worked for me:
1. Go into \Semen Demon Trainer\cfg\data\csvtolua and open up the out-file, find "Yotsuyu_0.lua" and extract it somewhere
2. Go to \Semen Demon Trainer\cfg\data and create a folder named "csvt"
3. Create another folder inside the csvt folder named "in"
4. Now place "Yotsuyu_0.lua" inside \Semen Demon Trainer\cfg\data\csvt\in
5. Open up the trainer and load the extracted values "Yotsuyu_0.lua"

I really couldn't find any functionality to export the out-file, probably missed it somewhere.. I guess. I remember clicking the dick of the guy after loading the trainer was a thing, dunno if that was the function but its not there anymore. But this method should work too

@Janna try the same with "Mide_11.lua" inside the out-file if you still have problems with the loaded values
I get the same issue using that method. In /gpose/C/videosequences everything alright but ingame it keeps your original colour settings atleast for me.

I found a way to do it though, I created a new character using the properties listed at garlandtools for Mide.
Then changed my character to that Model first using the Trainer and toggled the freeze option for the colour settings, after that I loaded Mides' lua.
Finally I saved that propertie then as new lua file and that seems to work fine.

I believe that some informations regarding colours are missing in the NPC Lua file, that's what's listed in the Lua file using the usual method:
Old 09-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #257
Janna
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:

I get the same issue using that method. In /gpose/character preview/videosequences everything alright but ingame it keeps your original colour settings atleast for me.

I found a way to do it though, I created a new character using the properties listed at garlandtools for Mide.
Then changed my character to that Model first using the Trainer and toggled the freeze option for the colour settings, after that I loaded Mides' lua.
Finally I saved that propertie then as new lua file and that seems to work fine.

I believe that some informations regarding colours are missing in the NPC Lua file, that's what's listed in the Lua file if you open it using the usual method:

Last edited by Janna; 09-23-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #258
RyH
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Well there's basicly everything missing in that .lua

Are you sure you've opened the right extracted .lua?

The mide_11.lua inside the out-file should look like this
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0a91a78256015c1772014241b639a6a4.png
Views:	122
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	186901  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #259
Janna
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Edit: Nevermind found the issue -_- was something stupid, thank you for your help Ryh and sorry for the trouble ._.
Didn't know that you have to use /gpose and exit then before you freeze the values. That was my mistake, I tried it through zone switching... If you do that and don't freeze the color values, it resets and if you freeze before using /gpose it saves your original properties.

Last edited by Janna; 09-23-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #260
Jegan Ace
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Hi Semen Demon,

Thanks for the wonderful add-on.

Was wondering - is possible to use NPC-only emotes using this program?

Like pushups, squats, that kind of thing?

- Thanks again

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion