Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #21
ANON00101011
Forum Member

I am literally creating posts so that I can provide a link in a new post that provides the modified .exe file that will bypass the serial key requirement right now.

Expect my post to be in the General Thread labeled something like FF14ARRnaughtyPatch 'Fixed'.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:17 AM   #22
Vithimiris
Sultry Snake
Forum Member

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d3kiy4

Thank me later. No survey. No bullshit. I won't divulge where I got it from either. So don't ask. Also includes options for Lalafell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vithimiris For This Useful Post:
Kidboy (02-20-2017), tl13l (04-19-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #23
neons
Forum Member

Doing things like this pretty much guarantees nobody else will make mods for the game now. If 4 does kill it you will have nobody coming to your rescue now.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:49 PM   #24
arsenicc
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I think people held off on doing anything with his code until like MONTHS to almost a year of no updates or news from naughtywvr. People were even buying it, but since wvr vanished, they weren't even getting serial codes sent to them after purchase. I think if people didn't step in, it was going to "guarantee" "nobody coming to (their) rescue" and possibly lots of people paying money to someone who isn't even backing his product anymore.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #25
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

Quote:
Originally Posted by neons View Post
Doing things like this pretty much guarantees nobody else will make mods for the game now. If 4 does kill it you will have nobody coming to your rescue now.
Well to be honest, the fact the only honest mod to this game was a paid mod..no one really had much interest in modding this game after seeing how terrible the format was..ontop of how restrictive you are, compared to XI still getting mods to this day lol.

I don't think it'll "kill" it, just will show trying to monopolize the market and charging for one of the only mods (that usually happens with PC games off the bat for free) isn't going to be a sustainable market, especially when you disappear while still accepting money.

The top mod authors in the JP community haven't touched XIV and seem to have no desire to - there's more traction with PSO2, which kind of says a lot (since PSO2 is essentially serverside largely.)
Old 04-19-2017, 02:58 AM   #26
tl13l
Forum Member

Quote:
Not sure how many other games you've played, but a vast majority of mods aren't P2P. It's also a blatant violation of SE's IP to profit off a mod.

Also, a vast majority of modders make mods for their own enjoyment or use / as a hobby, not for profit. If people want to mod this game they will.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #27
Valaska
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithimiris View Post

Thank me later. No survey. No bullshit. I won't divulge where I got it from either. So don't ask. Also includes options for Lalafell.

Thank you, my license for some reason... Expired, and I couldn't get a response what-so-ever from WVR to renew it and I paid a second time which yielded... No new key. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #28
Rinko
Forum Member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that because he is charging money for a mod to a copyright game the owners of the copyright (SE) can sue him. Which is why most mod makers don't charge for mods.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #29
Frowny
Forum Member

Quote:
Slight necro, but coming from the generation of free mods and pre-Minecraft "if you give credit but don't ASK ME then I'll shame you" this kind of stuff is what helps kill modding. He has knowledge that'd be incredibly useful but holds onto it to make money and never releases it to the community. Having been a modder for old CnC games, if you're in it for money then you can take a hike.

Modders generally mod for the fun of it and heck, total conversions that could almost be an entirely new game were never behind paywalls.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #30
Tohihroyu
Futa Princess
Forum Member

Tumblr: cuddleroyu

^ Didn't those types kill off GTA online modding too?

I wanna use nude mods but I gotta hope for Dx9 useable ones and both genders, so like in FF11 (other than tarus) everyone can be naked and free when in their skivvies.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:17 AM   #31
neons
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frowny View Post
Slight necro, but coming from the generation of free mods and pre-Minecraft "if you give credit but don't ASK ME then I'll shame you" this kind of stuff is what helps kill modding. He has knowledge that'd be incredibly useful but holds onto it to make money and never releases it to the community. Having been a modder for old CnC games, if you're in it for money then you can take a hike.

Modders generally mod for the fun of it and heck, total conversions that could almost be an entirely new game were never behind paywalls.
If that were true there would be no need to use this persons mods at all right? From what I see there is almost nobody modding at all, and that surely isn't changing. Truth is most good modders are now making content for things like Skyrim because they can get paid for doing it, why do something for free when you can work on another game and make a job out of it?

Ultimately though the real reason for the lack of mods is the developers themselves, Square have a financial incentive to not allow modding to become a thing for ffxiv as it was for ffxi. Games with cash shops don't want modding scenes to thrive because they want to sell you theirs outfits instead.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #32
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

Quote:
If that were true there would be no need to use this persons mods at all right? From what I see there is almost nobody modding at all, and that surely isn't changing. Truth is most good modders are now making content for things like Skyrim because they can get paid for doing it, why do something for free when you can work on another game and make a job out of it?

Ultimately though the real reason for the lack of mods is the developers themselves, Square have a financial incentive to not allow modding to become a thing for ffxiv as it was for ffxi. Games with cash shops don't want modding scenes to thrive because they want to sell you theirs outfits instead.
Also the fact despite what SE wants you to believe, XIV is the bottom of the barrel. Most talented modders don't care for it, even the ones still active from the XI scene I follow. They'd sooner mod Tree of Savior than they would with this game, even with the fucked up file structure in XIV lol.

SB didn't renew interest it seems sadly.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion