http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=14364

Application Website [On Hold]

Developer Blog [On Hold]

Discord
https://discord.gg/dVSMA8y

Source Code
https://github.com/liinko/FFXIV_TexTools

Important!!

If you are having issues with crashing or textures not appearing in-game, use the Help > Check for problems option in the application.

If you have previously modified textures, the ModList window will not show the item name, and may not work properly.
To fix this you must Revert All, delete 040000.modlist and the 040000.win32.dat3 from your ffxiv folder, then import your mods again.

Personal Note

Life got busy again and I had to put things on hold for a while

I'm going to start making some progress on this again, this time going open source being a priority, I just have to clean up and document the code.

Currently I'm working on moving everything over to WPF instead of Winforms. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or just wanna hang out, join my discord server,
I'm almost always on, and is probably the best way to get a hold of me (link above).

I definitely recommend checking out ioncannon's work over at
http://ffxivexplorer.fragmenterworks.com/
He's done a great job creating a file and model viewer.

Features

Items are read directly from the internal item list, so all items will be listed by their in-game name.

New textures are automatically loaded after a patch

Modified textures will go in their own special .dat file, so official texture files will not be manipulated

Revert All and Reapply All options for patch days

Search option to easily find specific textures

Upcoming Changes

Textures:
Loading screens
UI
Item icons
Housing
World
VFX
some more probably

This list is in no way a priority list.

Feel free to request any particular textures you are interested in, or anything you find that is missing.

The Application

A tutorial on how to use the application is on the second post.

How to install
1. Extract to your preferred location.
2. Open folder and run FFXIV TexTools.exe
3. You will be prompted to point to your ffxiv folder
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\sqpack\ffxiv

If you are just updating the application, you can just replace the older .exe file with the new one.

The zip contains the application, and a required dll for Json files.

It is recommended to manually backup your 040000.win32.index file.

Two files are automatically generated in the ffxiv folder, the new dat file and a 040000.modlist file, which contains the old and new location of the modified textures for reverting and restoring mods.

Download

FFXIV TexTools.zip

Virus Total Scan Results

If you find any bugs or the application crashes please let me know via PM, reply here, or on discord, let me know what you were trying to do and what the error message, if any, says.

Donate:

Hours upon hours of work have gone into making this application possible, from researching the raw files to making them available for export and import as DDS and making sure they work correctly in-game.
If you like my work, consider donating, it will go towards continuing development and keeping my FFXIV sub active.

Changelog
Code:
4/10/2017
Fix for problem checking finding issue where there was none
Merged Item fixes and additions from TheManii (Thank You ^^)

4/3/2017
Updated to work with patch 3.56

2/10/2017
Added Source Code link to post

2/9/2017
Version 1.4.5a
Updated to work with latest patch.

6/11/2016
Version 1.4.5
App:
Added full path to texture info
Changed index2 fix to rename instead of delete

Bug Fixes:
Fixed an issue where application was not updating the amount of files in the index as new gear and items were added to the game, causing crashes when loading certain textures and importing.

6/9/2016
Version 1.4
App:
Support for patch 3.3
Added Save 3D button

Bug Fixes:
Fixed some issues with loading different languages
Minor tweak

5/2/2016
Version 1.3
App:
Added version checking

Textures Added:
Mounts
Minions

Bug Fixes:
Fixed bug where certain textures were not saving correctly.

4/25/2016
Version 1.2
App:
Added sharing capability via export in ModList and import under View > Importer
Added Multi-Language support (Top right corner)
Added DX version option under Settings > DX Version
Added link to bug report via Help > Report Bug

Textures Added:
Miqo'te and Au Ra tails
Smallclothes
Equipment Decals

Bug Fixes:
Fixed inability to dye gear when the color map was modified
Other misc. bugs and performance improvements

4/11/2016
Version 1.1
App:
Moved and renamed some categories to match in-game names for easier translation in the near future
Added Mod List under View menu
Added Check for Problems under Help menu

Textures Added:
secondary textures for crafting main and off hands
iris and etc textures to Face
accessory texture to Hair

Fixed bug causing certain rings to crash
Fixed bug where program did not check if textures for lalafell female, aura male, aura female were available, which caused crashes and missing textures.

other minor improvements and bug fixes.

3/27/2016
Version 1.0

Added:
Colors under Texture Map drop down
Body, Face, Face Paint, and Hair under Character
Summoner, Scholar, and Machinist pets under Summons

Search function is back and fully functional

Disabled character and part drop downs when there is only one item,
this will help determine whether there is other textures available

Some bug fixes

3/15/2016
Beta release

Last edited by linko; 06-12-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Updated application to 1.4.5c
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Allyha (04-27-2016), Amiral Benson (03-16-2016), garath (02-11-2017), Iona (03-17-2016), Isabeau Onyxheart (03-27-2016), PrettyKitty (04-17-2016), Semen Demon (04-26-2016), silksoda (06-09-2016), tl13l (05-16-2016), wubsterwulf (03-16-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 03:58 AM   #2
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Modified textures not working? Is the game crashing?
Go to Troubleshooting

Tutorial:

We will need some way to modify DDS files, I will be using the Nvidia Texture Tools Plugin for Photoshop and Intel Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop in this tutorial.

Nvidia Texture Tools Plugin: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-...dobe-photoshop

Intel Texture Tools Plugin: https://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-...-Works-Plugin/

The reason we need both of them is that Nvidia opens color files incorrectly, but can save them just fine, and Intel can open color files just fine, but does not have the option to save in that format.

The Application
When you open the application for the first time it will ask you to locate your FFXIV data folder.

It is usually something like this, unless you specified a different folder during install

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\sqpack\ffxiv

Example:

Explorer
The application will then begin loading the list of available textures, the list will grow to support most if not all textures in the game.

You will find that the list is sorted into categories including: equipment slots, character, summons, minions, etc.

Note: The Extra category seems to be food items which may have actual in game models, but I haven't looked into it as of yet so you can only view the names.

The items within these categories are sorted alphabetically to make it easier to find certain textures.

Search
You may also use the search function for quick access to specific textures.

Clicking on Go To will take you to the texture selected.

You can then click on OK to close the Find window.

After Selecting
When a texture is selected and loaded, the default Race, Texture Map, and Part will be selected.

A drop down menu will be disabled when there is only 1 available item to select, as it is already selected. This makes it easier to determine if there is multiple Races, Texture Maps, or Parts for that item.

Race
If there are different textures for specific races they will appear on the Race drop down menu, most textures however are shared among all races, in which case the default will be selected and the drop down menu will be disabled.
Midlander Male is the common default texture for Male Only and Regular equipment
Midlander Female is the common default texture for Female Only equipment
Texture Map
There are 4 types of available textures and a ColorSet that can appear in the Texture Map drop down.

Diffuse - A type of color map, in FFXIV a stain or dye can sometimes go over or get mixed with this texture
Normal - Gives the illusion of height based on light reflections
Specular - Affects the reflectiveness or how shiny a texture is
Mask - A layer type texture that allows changes without modifying the original texture

For more information on Texture Maps this is a good place to start:
http://blog.digitaltutors.com/unders...-texture-maps/
Part
Some items have different parts to them, mostly within the combined categories such as Head+Body, where part a would be the body and part b the head. This is switched to Num: when in character to choose the version of the body, face, face paint, or hair.

Saving, Importing, and Reverting
For each texture you will have 4 options

Initially only Save PNG and Save DDS will be available

Save PNG - Saves the texture as a regular .png file, it is mainly there so you can have a preview of the texture file.

Save DDS - Saves the texture as a DirectDraw Surface, this is the file we modify in Photoshop.

Import - Once a texture has been modified, clicking import will write it into the new .dat3 file and update the index file to point to it

Revert - This will update the index file to point at the original texture again

Note: The revert option will remain active even if the game is using the original texture.

Once you've selected a texture you would like to modify you may can click on save DDS to save the texture file.

The saved DDS file will be located within the FFXIV TexTools folder in this format:
FFXIV TexTools/Saved/Category/Item/Texture.dds

for example:
FFXIV TexTools/Saved/Body/Hempen Tabard/v15_c0101e0011_top_n.dds

Note:Save PNG will save to same location

The Info box
This will show you relevant information about the texture being viewed.

The most important thing to note is the Texture Type, this will tell you in what format you must save the texture from Photoshop.

Settings

Directories - Modify your ffxiv and save location
Revert All - Modify index file to point to the original textures for anything that has been modified. Recommend using before any major patch
Reapply All - Modify the index file to point to all the modified textures again.

Modifying Textures
Opening and Saving

When opening a DDS file in Photoshop always check the Load Transparency as Alpha channel box.

To save the file we go to File > Save As

And we want to change Save as type from Intel Texture Works to D3D/DDS

When saving take a look at the Texture Type in the info box

Here are the settings for each Texture Type

DXT1

DXT5

RGBA

64bit A16B16G16R16F

Transparency
To affect transparency of a texture, we use the Normal Texture Map.

I will be using the same example as the one I had for FFXIV Browser

Once the texture is open in Photoshop we then go to the textures channels

The one that is going to affect transparency will be the blue channel, but before we select that channel we want to select what part of the texture we would like to make transparent.

Like so:

We then select the blue channel

Now on the blue channel, we color in the selected parts black

We then save as a DXT5 texture.

Now on the same texture in the application we click on import, and we're done.

Here's the in game before and after

Color

In the applications Texture Map drop down we select and save ColorSet1 as a DDS.

This will be a very small 4 x 16 texture, zooming in to 3200% in Photoshop will make it clearly visible

For modifying colors I use the pencil tool at 1px size.

Here's are the different sections that make up the color texture.

I'll be using the same example as I used in FFXIV Browser

The color file after modification

After modifying the colors we click on import on the application.

The results of the modified color

Metallic modification

Glow + Color Modification

Adding more colors to a texture

The Normal Map and the Color Map are linked through the Alpha Channel

Here's how,
The alpha channel in the Normal Map ranges from white to black with different shades for different sections of the texture.

I will be using Bridesmaids Tights as an example.

The colors between black and white are broken up into 16 segments in the color texture.

Note: the extra row to the left is not part of the color and put there as a reference.

Here is an updated reference palette you may use with accurate color representation

A big thank you goes out to tl13l who took the time to make this palette accurate

If there is anything within the first two columns of the color texture, the gray color shown directly to its left is the color is what is used in the alpha channel for color.

So as an example, I chose to create a color where there was none before in the first two columns.

I randomly selected an empty/white spot and colored in blue for color, black for metallic, and blue again for glow.

I then grabbed the gray color associated with that section(highlighted in red), went over to the alpha channel in the Normal Map and proceeded to change the section of the texture I wanted to paint in that new color.

Before -> After

Then it is just saving, importing and done.

In-Game:

This can be replicated with any piece of equipment, you have 16 segments that can all be different colors, metallic shine, and glow, which can then be painted onto any part of the texture. This makes it coloring of any texture highly customizable.

Note: Currently, modifying the color texture breaks the dying system in-game. So although you can see the modified texture, if you try to dye your equipment you will notice the color does not change, it remains your modified color. I do not know exactly why this is but will look into it.

Body, Face, and hair

Currently the application supports DX11 uncompressed textures for Body, Face, and Hair.

This means any modification made to these will only appear in the DX11 client. I will be adding support for DX9 textures in the near future.

They are better quality than the DX9 version of the textures as they are uncompressed so they need to be saved differently in Photoshop.

Face Paint

For Face Paint textures, anything colored white will show up as face paint for the selected color in-game.
The intensity of the white color reflects the intensity of the paint in-game.

Combining Face Paints

I'll be combining eye shadow with freckles

First open both files you'd like to combine in Photoshop

Then copy and paste one of the textures on top of the other, you'll want to paste on top of the texture you are looking to replace, in my case I'll be pasting on top of the freckles texture, so that when I select freckles in game it will have both.

You will now have 2 layers, one for each of the textures

At this point there are several ways to do this but essentially we want to delete the black part of the top layer

I use the magic wand tool, set tolerance to 15 and select anywhere black

I then just hit Delete

Which leaves me with this

Then in the Layer menu we either Merge Visible or Flatten Image

We then follow the same saving procedures, File > Save as, change Save as type to D3D/DDS, overwrite existing, and save as a DXT1

Then import in the application.

In-Game

Future changes
After I've gotten all or most of the textures into this application, I will be working on importing/exporting of 3D models, so we can see some real modding :P

Last edited by linko; 05-21-2016 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Updated color reference palette, thanks to tl13l
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Amiral Benson (03-16-2016), PrettyKitty (04-17-2016), Silvist (03-28-2016), tl13l (05-16-2016), wubsterwulf (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #3
wubsterwulf
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I am glad you are back I thought I was to late with with the editing texture :o now I can get into it more
Old 03-27-2016, 05:34 AM   #4
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Updated application to 1.0

Added the color textures so custom colors can be done again.
A quick note on that: SE changed the way the colors were stored when Heavensward launched, and although we can still modify them, it breaks the dyeing system in-game.
The modified colors will show up, but if you go to dye your gear it will appear the same no matter what dye you choose.
I'll be looking into this to see if it can be fixed.
Added Body, Face, Face Paint, and Hair
These can be found under the Character category.
I added NPC Textures as well

For Body, Num: 1 will be the one used by our characters everything else is NPC, with the exception of Au Ra who has Num:101 for different colored scales. Most bodies are shared with Midlander Male and Midlander Female, so if you don't see a specific race in there it means it shares the body texture with another race or gender. for example, elezen and miqo'te share body textures with midlander male, and midlander female, and lalafell males and females share the same body texture.

For Face, with our characters Midlander Male has 1-6, Midlander Female has 1-5, everyone else has 1-4 or 101-104, anything else is NPC

Face Paint goes up to 50, but only 1-30 have anything on them

Nothing really special about hair

The textures for Body, Face, and Hair currently showing up in the app are the uncompressed DX11 textures, currently modifying these and importing them will only apply to the DX11 client. I will add a way to modify the DX9 textures soon.
Added Scholar, Summoner, and Machinist pets
These can be found under the Summons Category

Some of these have different parts, which the biggest difference between them is the color texture, when exported these currently overwrite each other
The Race and Part drop downs now disable if there is only 1 item available to choose from. This will make it much easier to tell when there is a different texture available for a different race or different parts to an item.

Reactivated the search function

Added a tutorial to second post

Last edited by linko; 03-27-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Amiral Benson (03-29-2016), jako992146 (04-27-2016), PrettyKitty (04-17-2016), tl13l (05-16-2016), Zuzu (05-12-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Troubleshooting
If you are experiencing crashes or modified textures not showing up, go to Help > Check for problems in the application.

I modified a texture but I see no results
  1. Make sure you saved the texture with the correct settings as seen in the tutorial, if you see the changes you made to the texture when you import in the application, it should have imported correctly.

My game crashes when it tries to load my character
  • You most likely tried to modify something your character is wearing, which normally should be no problem, but something went wrong along the way.

• Go to the texture you were modifying and click Revert, make sure you saved the texture correctly, and try again.

• If the problem persists and using Help > Check for problems does not find any issues, report the issue here or send me a PM, let me know what file you were modifying to see if I can replicate and fix.

My game crashes randomly or at a certain area
  • You most likely modified some texture and the game happen to try to load it but ran into an error and crashed

• Go to the texture you were modifying and click Revert, make sure you saved the texture correctly, and try again.

• If the problem persists and using Help > Check for problems does not find any issues, report the issue here or send me a PM, let me know what file you were modifying to see if I can replicate and fix.

I made a part of my equipment transparent, but now I can see right through myself
  • This means there is no mesh underneath that piece of texture, the 3D file would have to be modified to have something underneath.

I'm trying to dye my gear in-game but the color doesn't change
  • This is currently a known issue when a ColorSet texture is modified.

• To dye your gear once more you must return the color to the original, by going to the texture in the application and hitting revert, or disabling it from View > Mod List.

I clicked Revert All, Help > Check for problems shows nothing is wrong but things are still not working
  • Something went wrong and index is not pointing at the right files.

• The best thing to do is to hit Revert All one more time, go to the ffxiv folder, delete 040000.win32.dat3, delete 040000.modlist, and replace 040000.win32.index with your backup

• If you don't have a backup or your backup is really old, ask for an recent copy of 040000.win32.index that has not been modified. I don't know if there is a way to redownload it from the launcher.

Last edited by linko; 04-11-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Amiral Benson (03-29-2016), mossu (03-27-2016), PrettyKitty (04-17-2016), tl13l (05-16-2016), wubsterwulf (10-29-2016)
Old 04-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
Keet060
KVV5546

Would anyone know how to get some sort of transparency effect going on that is pretty much similar to the Veil of eternal ___?Not too sure how it can be accomplished on photoshop
Old 04-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Update

Updated application to 1.1

Application Changes:
Moved and renamed some categories to match in-game names, this will make it easier to translate the application in the near future.

Added Mod List under View menu

This will show all of the items you have imported, and whether or not they are currently active.

There is a Go To button for quick access to that texture, and an Enable/Disable which makes it much easier than having to find the texture then revert or import.

Because the format of the .modlist items has changed for this feature, if you have previously imported textures, they will show the texture name, and not the item name, and may not work properly.

To fix this you must Revert All, delete 040000.modlist and 040000.win32.dat3 from your ffxiv folder, and import the mods again so they are saved with the new format in the .modlist file.

Added Check for Problems under Help menu

This will find the most common issues that may cause the game to crash or textures not to show, and will offer a way to fix them.

Textures Added:
Secondary textures for crafting main and off hands
For example: using a goldsmith tool, the hammer is the primary texture, and the table is the secondary texture
Iris and Etc textures to Face
These additional textures are in a new drop down when you open a face texture
Accessory texture to Hair
Although most hair show something for Accessory, only a very few do, this would be something like a hairband

Bug Fixes:
Fixed bug causing certain rings to crash.

Fixed bug where program did not check if textures were available for lalafell female, aura male, aura female, which caused crashes and missing textures.
These now appear in the race drop down if they are available

Last edited by linko; 04-11-2016 at 07:52 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Amiral Benson (04-12-2016), Isabeau Onyxheart (04-11-2016), Kanikou (04-13-2016), Keet060 (04-12-2016), PrettyKitty (04-17-2016), tl13l (05-16-2016), trobnal (06-03-2017)
Old 04-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #8
CuriousGorge
Forum Member

This is a superb tool you've made, thank you!

Would it be possible to use this tool to completely change what your character is wearing (such as two wildly different pieces of equipment)?

Would it also be possible to remove gear entirely? (such as whatever piece of equipment becoming Emperor's New Breeches / Gloves / Robe)

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.
The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousGorge For This Useful Post:
Amarettah (05-01-2017)
Old 04-16-2016, 02:45 AM   #9
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGorge View Post
This is a superb tool you've made, thank you!

Would it be possible to use this tool to completely change what your character is wearing (such as two wildly different pieces of equipment)?

Would it also be possible to remove gear entirely? (such as whatever piece of equipment becoming Emperor's New Breeches / Gloves / Robe)

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

The application can only modify textures, it doesn't have the ability to change entire models around.

I have been planning on giving that a try though. If I do manage to successfully change models around I'll probably make a tool that swaps out gear but I haven't really looked into that yet.

A while back I did manage to do it successfully with cheat engine,but that modifies memory addresses which would be completely different from actually swapping the models around, and I believe the memory addresses change every time you start the game so it would be hard to do it that way, even though its a better way of doing it since you don't swap out the model for everyone just yourself.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #10
CuriousGorge
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko View Post
The application can only modify textures, it doesn't have the ability to change entire models around.

I have been planning on giving that a try though. If I do manage to successfully change models around I'll probably make a tool that swaps out gear but I haven't really looked into that yet.

A while back I did manage to do it successfully with cheat engine,but that modifies memory addresses which would be completely different from actually swapping the models around, and I believe the memory addresses change every time you start the game so it would be hard to do it that way, even though its a better way of doing it since you don't swap out the model for everyone just yourself.
Ah, I see.

I also tried swapping equipment models with cheat engine and could technically get it to work in the character page, but the changes would never reflect in the actual game world.

...As a matter of fact, I even made a thread here with the results of my labor. http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=14007

Sadly, I never could figure out a way to make these changes appear on your actual in-game model, just the preview window.

How did you manage to accomplish what I could not? Please, any info you'd be willing to share would be greatly appreciated, and I could update my own thread so others can benefit as well.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #11
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Ah, I see.

I also tried swapping equipment models with cheat engine and could technically get it to work in the character page, but the changes would never reflect in the actual game world.

...As a matter of fact, I even made a thread here with the results of my labor. http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=14007

Sadly, I never could figure out a way to make these changes appear on your actual in-game model, just the preview window.

How did you manage to accomplish what I could not? Please, any info you'd be willing to share would be greatly appreciated, and I could update my own thread so others can benefit as well.

So I took a look at your method and the issue is that you're modifying the Item ID that the preview window uses, and not the Model ID that the characters use.

I did it a long time ago, but managed to do it again just now, so here's a quick guide. Note that I have several monitors so this made this process a lot easier, if you only have 1 monitor you might need to run ffxiv windowed while you look at cheat engine.

We get the Model ID of two pieces of gear we have, you can get this from FFXIV TexTools or the Model Viewer in FFXIV Data Explorer, so for example I used a Red Summer Halter, and Hempen Tabard which I had in my armory.

So as we can see from either application we can get the Model ID, in this case Red Summer Halter is 49, I did the same for Hempen Tabard and the ID was 11.

Next, I took off all my left side gear and put on only the red summer halter.

In Cheat Engine, I used Scan Type: Exact Value, and Value Type: 2 Bytes, and put in the value 49.

Then First Scan

After that was done, I changed my body in-game to hempen tabard, went back to cheat engine, typed in 11, still exact value, and 2 bytes, and the list got shortened to 6 items.

I right clicked the top value and went to Browse this memory region

I scrolled up a few lines, and with the memory viewer still open, I went back into ffxiv, and changed my body again, this time it doesn't matter what you change it to, what were looking for is the hex values in memory viewer changing, they get highlighted red then the red fades.

If you see that, you've succeeded in finding the memory location

This is how the above address works:

you can see it starts with 31, that is where our address starts and goes on for 4 bytes.

31 00 01 00

First 2 bytes [31 00] = Model
Next 1 byte [01] = Version
Next 1 byte [00] = Color

This is in hex so converted to decimal, this is model 49, version 1, default color 0

Now what we want to do is here is right click on the first value that changed, in the above case the 31, and select Add this address to the list

Now to make things easy so you don't have to convert hex to decimal yourself, we are going to add each part individually to the list by selecting the start location and adding to the address list.

Like this:

I seem to have missed taking a screenshot of body version but same idea.

Right click 31, add to list, type is 2 bytes
Right click 01, add to list, type is byte
Right click 00, add to list, type is byte

And your address list on the main cheat engine window should look like this

I added the whole array of bytes on top, you don't have to do that, and I should've kept everything organized, but I was messing around with the models a bit so the values you see here are not the same as the ones above for the summer halter, here I had on a Southern Seas Swimsuit, version 1, in pastel pink.

Now you can change the values to any model you'd like, then check the active box and see them reflected in-game.

Here's the list of dyes and their corresponding number.
FFXIV Dyes.txt

Your character model must reload in order to see the changes, the only way I know how is by zoning, and you might need to zone in and out up to 3 times before you see the changes.

Now here's the awesome part, all the slots are next to each other, so while you still have memory viewer up, try putting on 1 more piece of gear like hands, legs, feet, etc.

You'll notice the same thing happen again, the change highlights red in the memory viewer window but in a different spot, those 4 bytes that change are for that equipment slot, so you can repeat the process above, and get all the equipment slots in your address list.

Here's some screenshots

You can see in the images, the gear the game said I have on compared to the gear my character shows.

Image 1: Antecedents Attire (model 9054)
Image 2: Hempen Tabard (model 11) and Scholar's Culottes (model 133) (normally impossible to wear together)
Image 3: I tried to wear the starting miqo'te top, didn't work out so well

So as mentioned before, the biggest problem is that you have to find the memory addresses again every time you restart the game, or log in to different characters, and I'm sure there are other things that can make it lose its place. Also every time you zone, the changes you made might not reflect so you have to zone in and out until you see them.

I'm sure there's some semi-permanent pointer somewhere in the memory addresses we can use to make an application for this, that probably would only need updating every time there's a patch. Unfortunately with work, school, and TexTools, I hardly have time to do much else.

Last edited by linko; 04-17-2016 at 01:24 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
CuriousGorge (04-17-2016), Isabeau Onyxheart (04-17-2016), jako992146 (04-19-2016), Keet060 (04-17-2016), mossu (04-18-2016), PrettyKitty (04-17-2016), Semen Demon (04-27-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 02:32 AM   #12
CuriousGorge
Forum Member

Wonderful, thank you!

However, I tried your method but found that it doesn't work like I hoped it would. I have a couple of burning questions that I need to know.

1) If you're attempting to alter a piece that's already glamored, which ID should I use? The ID of the ACTUAL item itself? Or the ID of the item's CURRENT appearance?

2) I've tried both methods listed above. Using the actual item's ID leads me to a single base address, from which I can't figure out anything meaningful.

Using the projected item's ID leads to results that are similar to yours. After editing them though, I try zoning in and out of multiple areas. My outfit never changes, and the game will eventually crash after zoning a random number of times.

Are there any limitations or crashes that you've encountered from your experience?

EDIT: I figured out....kinda? I noticed my addresses changed when I stepped outside. I did yet another scan, found my addresses again, then edited them once more. Now I am getting the intended results. I'm not sure what happened, but ultimately, I'm glad I could get it working.

Last edited by CuriousGorge; 04-18-2016 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:09 AM   #13
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Wonderful, thank you!

However, I tried your method but found that it doesn't work like I hoped it would. I have a couple of burning questions that I need to know.

1) If you're attempting to alter a piece that's already glamored, which ID should I use? The ID of the ACTUAL item itself? Or the ID of the item's CURRENT appearance?

2) I've tried both methods listed above. Using the actual item's ID leads me to a single base address, from which I can't figure out anything meaningful.

Using the projected item's ID leads to results that are similar to yours. After editing them though, I try zoning in and out of multiple areas. My outfit never changes, and the game will eventually crash after zoning a random number of times.

Are there any limitations or crashes that you've encountered from your experience?
1) use the ID of the item's current appearance, so for example on my second image, I had my body piece glamoured to the Hempen Tabard, so I would use the ID 11 to look for it in cheat engine.

2) you should actually see several addresses, I got anywhere from 2-6 when I was looking for them.

I maybe crashed once or twice, other than that it was almost always the very top address that worked for me, I didn't try for very long, but I did get it once where it would not change at all even after zoning, so I just tried another address from the list and it worked. Just make sure that when you go to browse this memory region, that when you change a piece of gear in-game it actually highlights red in the memory viewer. Also make sure that when you make the change you are checking the active box.

I might have to make the guide a little more thorough and consistent, its kind of a mess because I took screenshots when I was wearing different gear.

Quote:
EDIT: I figured out....kinda? I noticed my addresses changed when I stepped outside. I did yet another scan, found my addresses again, then edited them once more. Now I am getting the intended results. I'm not sure what happened, but ultimately, I'm glad I could get it working.
Glad it worked out :D

messing with the addresses gets kind of weird, sometimes it appears to be changing fine with the gear changes, but then it stops and the memory addresses there get used for something else, so you have to find another that doesn't do that. That's why although not impossible, it is harder to make an application that will change the gear based on memory addresses.

Last edited by linko; 04-18-2016 at 03:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
jako992146 (04-19-2016), mossu (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #14
hatsune2miku
Forum Member

Glad you are back! You really did a great job! Waiting for your 3d model extractor.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #15
hatsune2miku
Forum Member

And when will it support DX9 fully?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:14 PM   #16
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsune2miku View Post
Glad you are back! You really did a great job! Waiting for your 3d model extractor.
I've been working mostly on textures, but have looked into 3d models a bit, mostly extracting which shouldn't be an issue.
The bigger issue is what format to extract them as, so that when changes are made and the model is saved in that format, that modified model file can be interpreted, converted, then imported into the game.
So still some research to be done, but with TexTools coming along nicely, I'll be shifting focus to 3D files soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsune2miku View Post
And when will it support DX9 fully?
The next update will have the option to choose between DX9 and DX11 textures for the character category, which is the only one so far that includes different textures for each DX version. I'm sure some of the world textures are uncompressed for DX11, but I haven't looked into those yet.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:06 AM   #17
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

So quick question: When viewing body textures, I noticed that in the dropdown menu for all the races body textures, Roegadyn Females are nowhere to be seen. Did you just leave them out because of how unpopular they are? Or do they share their body textures with Hyur females or something?
Old 04-22-2016, 06:21 AM   #18
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Okay so nevermind my last post, more or less figured it out myself. I do need some additional help though: Do you know where the textures for smallclothes are stored? At the moment I'm trying to create a very basic nude mod for males, similar to the very first nude mod posted in this thread: http://forum.neko-sentai.com/showthread.php?t=13902

At this point I'm somewhat doubting we'll ever get a proper male nude mod, there seems to be zero interest in it at the moment. Still, a Ken doll nude mod is better than none at all. But yeah, I'm not entirely sure where I should start here so I figured maybe I'd try altering the smallclothes textures and see how that turned out. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated though .^^
Old 04-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #19
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
Do you know where the textures for smallclothes are stored?
So the application pulls the gear from the internal item list, which does not include smallclothes as they are not a piece of equipment you put on but the base. They are in the files though, so I'll have to add them manually, which shouldn't be an issue. I'll make sure to get it done on the next update.

Last edited by linko; 04-22-2016 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Amarettah (05-01-2017)
Old 04-22-2016, 07:05 PM   #20
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko View Post
So the application pulls the gear from the internal item list, which does not include smallclothes as they are not a piece of equipment you put on but the base. They are in the files though, so I'll have to add them manually, which shouldn't be an issue. I'll make sure to get it done on the next update.
After reading up on it a bit on the forums, it seems that whatever the process is for removing smallclothes and their alpha layers, it's very difficult and no one is sure of the exact process that was used by the modders of the female nude mods to remove their smallcloths before the added on the nipples, vagina, and bigger butt. The only person that I know by name who might know how to do this is NaughtyWeaver, but so far he hasn't answered any of my emails or Tweets. With as little enthusiasm as there is in here for male nude mods (or males in general, all of the screenies in the Miqo'te Nud Mod thread are of same sex couples), I'm probably going to have to jump through hoops and hurdles just to get a Ken-doll type nude mod, and it'll be a miralce if I get one wiht a dick and bigger butt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nahald For This Useful Post:
Amarettah (05-01-2017), tl13l (05-16-2016)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion