Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 05-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #181
Amarettah
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Awesome. Thanks so
Much for this information and the tool to evaluate the associated files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #182
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkova View Post
I was finally able to edit the specular file without issue. Not sure what initiated the error but all is well now.
Wait, so you're saying you've successfully made an aura mod without scales? Could you provide a picture of what it looks like please? I've been dying for a no scale mod for aura.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #183
Darkova
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Wind View Post
Wait, so you're saying you've successfully made an aura mod without scales? Could you provide a picture of what it looks like please? I've been dying for a no scale mod for aura.
For now I only removed the scales on her face/neck. The scale on her forehead and scales on the rest of the body are still there.

I'm not allowed to post links since I am under 10 posts, so you will have to copy and paste the link for it to work.

Here is a picture of my character's face in game.

//imgur.com/O4jbCfi

For the texture map itself. The circle'd black section was where the facial/neck scales were. That is the section of scales I replaced using the same color from the face.

I did a quick job doing for the red circle is the back of the neck that you could still see if you take off the armor and look underneath the hair. However, I am not worried about that tiny bit of scale being there since I will never look at it.

The final blue part is the scale that is on her forehead. It would take a lot of time to carefully remove it without messing up the horns to the bottom right and the other scales around it to which I don't know which parts they are.

//imgur.com/VZBgR4K

Same section edited.

//imgur.com/rnRMryt

Same section edited.

//imgur.com/CeXE1rr
Old 05-03-2017, 03:14 AM   #184
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

That looks really good in-game and can't believe it's finally been done. This alone deserves a thread in the Au Ra section by itself. Now, I know that the face was only edited but that means it's also possible for the rest of the body to be edited out as well, with time, and maybe even become it's own standalone mod. Maybe even a nude scaleless model come Stormblood?

I'm unsure of your thoughts on creating an mod for this, but if I remember correctly, textools can only export, not import, is this correct? Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, I'd love to see support for this to become a new mod on its own.
Old 05-03-2017, 03:39 AM   #185
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
That looks really good in-game and can't believe it's finally been done. This alone deserves a thread in the Au Ra section by itself. Now, I know that the face was only edited but that means it's also possible for the rest of the body to be edited out as well, with time, and maybe even become it's own standalone mod. Maybe even a nude scaleless model come Stormblood?

I'm unsure of your thoughts on creating an mod for this, but if I remember correctly, textools can only export, not import, is this correct? Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, I'd love to see support for this to become a new mod on its own.
Aura females share the same underlying model as midlanders/elezen/miqo, the only difference is in the diffuse/normal maps and the heads/tail models.

Textools can import/export dds textures as the original dx9 textures align closely to that, I cant speak for how well dx11 textures align to dds, but it can import/export either one to dds. This can be important to mod makers as dx9 textures can definitely suffer from (re)compression artifacts, and dx11 might if textools is compressing them when converting to dds (which I don't know if it does/doesnt)
Old 05-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #186
Darkova
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
That looks really good in-game and can't believe it's finally been done.
I really didn't do much though, opened the file in photoshop and copied the face color over the scales.

I would of done this sooner had I been aware of TexTools.

I'll look at making the rest of the face/body scaleless. Though that will probably take longer since I would want it to look nice. Face was just one color.

As for nudes, someone else would have to do that, I am simply using the already existing skin to replace the scales.

Edit: Body can be done as well. Here is a link for my au ra. //imgur.com/rJwq1Ma

Last edited by Darkova; 05-05-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #187
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Just a quick update on the progress of the WPF version of the application.

Here's a gif showing some new features
  1. Instant Search
  2. Zoom
  3. RGBA Channel Filters

Everything is moving along smoothly, although a bit slower than I'd like.

The goal is to have it ready before Stormblood, and with much cleaner code it should be a lot easier to update once the expansion releases and breaks things as I'm sure it will do.

As always if you have any suggestions, requests, feedback, feel free to post here or in the discord channel.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Darkova (05-05-2017), garath (05-06-2017), jako992146 (05-08-2017), Semen Demon (05-05-2017), Sense (05-06-2017), supersoda (05-10-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #188
ChuFeng
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

So i have hit a deadlock. I can see people are able to edit stuff just fine (see the au ra face scales) but if i try the same following the mentioned steps in the first post word by word the game just ignores me and doesnt do anything. The textures get imported from texTools and are saved in the .dat3 file, the index files get edited, but it just doesn't care. No matter if i completly obliterate the texture for a piece of gear im wearing or change a face, nothing happens to it. Should mention i do have the nudeMod from NaughtyWvr installed (which is getting displayed since it edits the .dat's itself)
Old 05-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #189
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuFeng View Post
So i have hit a deadlock. I can see people are able to edit stuff just fine (see the au ra face scales) but if i try the same following the mentioned steps in the first post word by word the game just ignores me and doesnt do anything. The textures get imported from texTools and are saved in the .dat3 file, the index files get edited, but it just doesn't care. No matter if i completly obliterate the texture for a piece of gear im wearing or change a face, nothing happens to it. Should mention i do have the nudeMod from NaughtyWvr installed (which is getting displayed since it edits the .dat's itself)
Are you judging it from the char select screen, or actually ingame?

The current textools doesnt touch index2, and the game uses index2 to find files for the char select screen. If this is what's happening then it's intended behavior, you would need to delete index2 or wait for a future version of textools.

If it's not working while logged in, then something is actually wrong.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #190
ChuFeng
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
Are you judging it from the char select screen, or actually ingame?

The current textools doesnt touch index2, and the game uses index2 to find files for the char select screen. If this is what's happening then it's intended behavior, you would need to delete index2 or wait for a future version of textools.

If it's not working while logged in, then something is actually wrong.
Deleting the index2 won't allow me to start the game, and even if judging from the ingame view it is simply not working (for some odd reason).

In the attached pictures you can see i succesfully imported a edited texture (Au Ra Raen face 1) and ingame on my character it is still visible. Already tried editing all 3 textures just to be foolsafe but it didnt work either. So i suppose im just doing something fundamentally wrong (yes texTools IS running as admin and modifing something about the index file and the dat3 file).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	face.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	183748   Click image for larger version

Name:	face2.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	183749  
Old 05-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #191
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

You're sure you're editing the right dx version texture right?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #192
ChuFeng
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Editing both dx versions, starting the game on both dx versions. All the same to me. Thats what irritating me so much i am like 95% certain i follow every step im supposed to do
Old 06-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #193
Nahald
Kitten Butt
Forum Member

Looks like TexTools is gonna need another update, it's not working for me anymore.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #194
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahald View Post
Looks like TexTools is gonna need another update, it's not working for me anymore.
It's a known issue, if you join his discord channel you can try a beta of textools2, or wait for another official release

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion