Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 11:24 PM   #21
Xya
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Twitter: missxya
Tumblr: missxya

I'm getting this odd error when I try to load the game after importing a modified face paint. It's happening right at the login page when it first attempts to load my character. I'm running the DX9 version of FFXIV but I made sure to set TexTools to DX9 before exporting the DDS, but I even tried the DX11 texture and get the same result. Once I disable the mod the game loads just fine. I'm pretty sure I followed everything right, and yet

I adore you for this btw. Dat modding in XI was one of my favorite free-time killers, and I'm looking forward to getting this working right <3

EDIT: Nevermind I'm an idiot. Fixed it. Carry on being awesome <3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ffxiverror.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	184544  

Last edited by Xya; 07-14-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #22
hotdiggity69
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Anyone Have This Issue?

Basically, every time I click on a tab, it pops up an error message saying that it can't access the .modlist and that it's not set in an instance of an object. I believe that I selected the right folder and both the dat4 and modlist are there. The dat3 is still there as well.

Is the directory set up correctly? I'm totally clueless.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Text Tools 2 Error 1.png
Views:	129
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	184773  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:15 PM   #23
plainsugar1234
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xya View Post
I'm getting this odd error when I try to load the game after importing a modified face paint. It's happening right at the login page when it first attempts to load my character. I'm running the DX9 version of FFXIV but I made sure to set TexTools to DX9 before exporting the DDS, but I even tried the DX11 texture and get the same result. Once I disable the mod the game loads just fine. I'm pretty sure I followed everything right, and yet

I adore you for this btw. Dat modding in XI was one of my favorite free-time killers, and I'm looking forward to getting this working right <3

How did you fix this issue?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:13 AM   #24
Greenonion
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xya View Post

do u mind share how did u fix it?
Old 08-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
katana
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenonion View Post
do u mind share how did u fix it?
Suggest running as admin, but also, in the application, use Help -> Check for Problems.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #26
tl13l
Forum Member

Did the location of Highlander face textures in these tools change from the previous version? Can't find them for either gender, pretty sure they were listed under Midlanders somewhere before...
Old 10-12-2017, 02:27 AM   #27
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Update

TexTools has been updated to v1.1

It's been a little while since the last update, this one took a while since I had to learn a lot about 3D file structures, and figure out a way to export to an adequate file that can then be imported after modification.
It's not perfect yet but it's great progress towards better modding

The biggest changes:

Added the ability to search for items by ID

Exporting the 3D model now creates both a .dae and a .obj

The Collada .DAE file includes the mesh and the skeleton for that item

In the above pictures I'm using 3ds max with the OpenCollada plugin.

Importing models is now possible
[Picture coming soon, I forgot to take screenshots]

I've only tested importing with models that have 2 meshes, the body and the equipment. It's likely that it will not work with models with only 1 mesh or more than 2 meshes. I'll be doing more tests to ensure it works with all items soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Eventime (10-12-2017), Ghost138 (10-20-2017), Lyntz (10-14-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #28
katana
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Failing to select the sqpack/ffxiv folder (read: closing the open dialog without selecting the directory correctly) on first startup results in a crash, fyi. Probably need to gracefully exit when that happens.

ED: Having a *hell* of a time trying to get something I threw together in blender, then redid in 3ds max to import. Trying to pull in the body mesh from Emperor's new in to replace the body mesh used for the Moonfire Halter, and all I'm getting is either a failed import with a NullReferenceException, or a hard crash that I can't diagnose. Anyone have ideas?

Can provide the .dae if necessary.

Last edited by katana; 10-12-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #29
Wilksha
The lonely FFXIer
Forum Member

With Text Tools 2 v1.1 I am unable to use mods. The Error I'm getting is in the png attached. Ran as admin and still get the error. Any idea on what the issue may be? Disabling mods FFXIV runs fine. Only using mods listed in PrettyKitty's Nude Mod Installation & Custom Textures post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Error With mods.png
Views:	20
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	187448  
Old 10-21-2017, 09:26 PM   #30
Evilshana
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Newbie having problems

I'm having so many problems starting this right now.

My photoshop does not show the transparency option when I run the files.

I tried to edit some gear and they become discolored when I import them and they are missing body parts from areas that I removed.

Can someone please guide me through this .
Old 10-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #31
tossaway22
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Textools keeps crashing for me.

I think it's because I picked the sqpack folder when I opened the program for the first time? Because it keeps giving me error messages for like the 0a000 indexes in the ffxiv folder inside the sqpack.

I've tried deleting registries and reextracting the program, but it skips asking me for the folder direction now and just keeps crashing
Old 10-26-2017, 01:10 PM   #32
Aerisus
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tossaway22 View Post
Textools keeps crashing for me.

I think it's because I picked the sqpack folder when I opened the program for the first time? Because it keeps giving me error messages for like the 0a000 indexes in the ffxiv folder inside the sqpack.

I've tried deleting registries and reextracting the program, but it skips asking me for the folder direction now and just keeps crashing
I am having this problem as well. How can I fix this? Need some troubleshooting help, tried deleting the Textools file and downloading it again but it still just gives me the same error.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #33
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

i'm getting curious into playing with mods for ffxiv as i did them for ffxi.
i'm just curious how much different is textools is from using vrs and mesq. back in the ffxi common mod days.
i understand using vrs is different now then what it was back in the day.
not only payment wise but also how the game works in vrs.
so i understand if it might be hard to compare now.
I have read through the guides here and seems like something i can grasp but not really sure.
i was hoping they might be similar to give me a boost in confidence in taking a look at doing this.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:37 AM   #34
Ghost138
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default You can import in Blender 2.74

You can import/export the .DAE file into Blender with ease, but i wouldn't recommend exporting and importing into the game... yet...

Though if i had to say the complexity between the 3D modeling programs Blender 3D and 3DS MAX is that 3DS MAX offers more than Blender does. But 3DS max is hard to learn than it is toward Blender 3D. I speak from experience as i've done some 3D Modeling, Animation and Texuring years ago.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #35
Nephirin
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help.

I recently tried installing a texture mod that changes the sclera for Xaela females. I successfully imported the textures in TexTools and saw the maps change there. I see the textures listed in the modlist. The Help sections reports no errors with TexTools. Yet, when I go in-game, the changes don't seem to appear.

I tried removing the 040000.win32.index2 file since that was reported as a possible solution in previous versions, but that doesn't seem to have done anything either. Also, other people I know have installed the mod with no issues, so I don't think it is an issue with the mod files themselves either.

If anyone knows how to fix this or what might be wrong, could I possibly get some advice?

Edit: Okay, so I finally figured it out. My game was set to launch in DX9 for some reason, but I'd only installed the mod for DX11 version textures. Switched myself back to DX11 and it fixed things.

Last edited by Nephirin; 11-07-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #36
aser
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerisus View Post
I am having this problem as well. How can I fix this? Need some troubleshooting help, tried deleting the Textools file and downloading it again but it still just gives me the same error.
also having this issue, any fix please?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:45 PM   #37
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Update to version 1.3

The application has been updated to 1.3

Some of the major changes:

The issue where the application would not load if the sqpack folder was selected has been fixed.
A lot of people were having issues with directories, so the application now looks for a default directory.

If it is not in a known location, or you chose not to use the location found, it will still ask you to locate the /sqpack/ffxiv folder.

Reorganized the list into more categories, and added UI textures

Added Help > Start Over to menu in case things go very wrong

Importing 3D models that have meshes from different pieces of gear should now show up correctly.
For this example I used Acolyte's Skirt
Note: This was a quick edit and in no way a perfect example

I replaced the leg cuffs at the bottom with the bridesmaids tights thigh highs, and replaced the panties with naughtyweavers nude bottom.

Original(Left)------>Modded(Right)

Original(Left)------>Modded(Right)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
crinton (11-10-2017), garath (11-10-2017), kogtof (11-10-2017), solkan (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #38
solkan
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

First of all,thank you for your work,its really awesome!
I have to do a lot of things for my wife with it and now that you added the 3d import function,i tried to merge the objects with blender but i had no success so far (first time doing something like this,so a total noob).

For expample i imported the "Shisui Kohakma of Healing" and tried to merge it with nauthyweaver bottom,selected both and pressed shift+j. Tried to saved and import it into TexTools...but it shows no changes,although i can disable/enable it.
I would really appreciate it,if you could write a simple tutorial,how to do it,if your time allows.
And sorry for my bad english,its not my native language. :)
Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #39
kogtof
Forum Member

Not having any luck getting this version to work, it quits a few seconds after running the application with no visible windows or such ever appearing.

I've just noticed that running an old version gives me the following error though:

Unable to find file, please check your directories under settings

Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: count

The paths are definitely correct so I'm wondering if my data files are messed up or something, the game seems to run fine though. Any other ideas?
Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #40
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solkan View Post
I would really appreciate it,if you could write a simple tutorial,how to do it,if your time allows.
I will be creating a tutorial soon, I am no expert at 3D modeling but I will try my best to keep things simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kogtof View Post
Not having any luck getting this version to work, it quits a few seconds after running the application with no visible windows or such ever appearing.

I've just noticed that running an old version gives me the following error though:

Unable to find file, please check your directories under settings

Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: count

The paths are definitely correct so I'm wondering if my data files are messed up or something, the game seems to run fine though. Any other ideas?

Are you extracting the folder and using the exe file in there or replacing the exe from an old version?
Some DLLs get updated from time to time and the exe won't open if it's missing any.

It could also be a settings issue

Go to
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\FFXIV_TexTools2

and delete all the folders in there, and try opening the app again.
The Following User Says Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
kogtof (11-11-2017)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion