Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Default latest RL accomplishment! thread

I figured since we have a thread like this for FFXI related stuff, why not make one for accomplishments in RL. So if u got that job u wanted, finished a good book, got some tail. anything. post it here :] Ill get the ball rolling

Bought another car, my dream car, a 71 Datsun 510 4 door :]

Soon to be heavily modded
Old 05-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Widget
Beneath "The Bell-Jar"
Forum Member

You must be minted xD If I knew anything about cars (seriously, I know nothing about 'em) I'd be able to talk about it with you, but so it goes :lol:

This is gonna seem like something seriously tiny, just to warn people, but given my situation it's an achievement.
Summoned up the courage to walk into a Job Centre (yep, UK here) and ask for any help or advice they could give me about getting back into education while on Income Support. I was told, basically, that they couldn't help me, but it was the getting myself in there that was the hard part.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Tsubaru
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Finished reading the Twilight saga book series by Stephenie Meyer.

for me this was an accomplishment because I have never been one to read a full book, let alone a 4 book series.. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the new "Eclipse" movie that is expected to be released in November ish..

I really hope the next movie makes better sells, I would love to see all four books played into a movie.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
DyneOaks
FFT Fanatic
Forum Member

Finally decided that I was done with MMORPG's for good. Whereas this may not seem like much, let me tell you, playing an MMORPG is like being on crack. It is an addiction whether you think so or not. Also to avoid the temptation of ever going back to WoW or FFXI I am selling the accounts. I'm happy with the decision because now I can move on to bigger and better things in life.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyneOaks View Post
Finally decided that I was done with MMORPG's for good. Whereas this may not seem like much, let me tell you, playing an MMORPG is like being on crack. It is an addiction whether you think so or not. Also to avoid the temptation of ever going back to WoW or FFXI I am selling the accounts. I'm happy with the decision because now I can move on to bigger and better things in life.
congrats!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #6
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
You must be minted xD If I knew anything about cars (seriously, I know nothing about 'em) I'd be able to talk about it with you, but so it goes :lol:

This is gonna seem like something seriously tiny, just to warn people, but given my situation it's an achievement.
Summoned up the courage to walk into a Job Centre (yep, UK here) and ask for any help or advice they could give me about getting back into education while on Income Support. I was told, basically, that they couldn't help me, but it was the getting myself in there that was the hard part.
to give u an idea of the oldschool hawtness i dropped 4k for :D

before and after of photoshop effect :P

it looks like the before atm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	510.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	35148  
Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
Widget
Beneath "The Bell-Jar"
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devius2006 View Post
to give u an idea of the oldschool hawtness i dropped 4k for :D

before and after of photoshop effect :P

it looks like the before atm
That's a pretty sweet looking car, money well spent by the looks of it ^^
And congratulations to everyone on your achievements!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
Bossmaru
Chunky ham legs
Forum Member

It's not so much an achievement of mine, but my dog, Elvis.

All (8 of) our dogs (chihuahua) are indoor dogs, they go out in the backyard sometimes but really, my dog Elvis mainly stays in the house (at my side). He is a young (11months?) black/white colored long-fur chihuahua, very adorable, he has the personality of an energetic little boy. I saved his life at birth and again when he almost died later, gave him care around the clock for 3 days straight, barely got any sleep, felt like giving up on the 3rd day cause I was exhausted but on that day he finally completely snapped out of it and went back to normal. (It was a bad bout of chihuahua hypoglycemia.)

OH but that's too much backstory, onto my baby's achievement. He took his first walk outside on a leash today XD

Sounds silly yeah? but I seriously love the crap out of that dog (he loves me just as much), and watching him eventually/slowly start walking outside was for me something like watching your baby's first steps. I wish I could have recorded it cause it was extremely adorable. He was too scared to move at first, then eventually started following my roomie and I, as we held onto his leash.

We only took him to the corner of our street then carried him back to the house, cause he was slow and we were gonna walk to the store anyway. I'll have to talk him on a short walk again, he'll get used to it.

I wish I had more recent pictures of him but he dislikes the camera cause of the flash, but even without the flash on, he runs away when he sees the camera cause he knows what it is lol. Here's some pictures of him when he was younger, I swear to God he is SMILING at me in the first one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Elvis_happy_smiles_at_me.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	35293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elvis_cuuute2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	35294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elvis_N_01.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	35295  

Name:	Elvis_N_07.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	35296   Click image for larger version

Name:	Elvis_says_wut.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	35297  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
Kazuma
Battlefield Psychopath
Forum Member

Well, the last thing I can really report on is that my teammate and I made it through an active minefield with minimal problem. (Metal poking up from the ground gave us a "FUCKFUCKFUCKSHITFUCK" moment.)
Old 05-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Bossmaru
Chunky ham legs
Forum Member

Whoa.. that's scary >_<
Old 05-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
Kazuma
Battlefield Psychopath
Forum Member

No kidding. It was funny though. Two grown men, carrying about 50 pounds of equipment on back, and both carrying a case a good 40 pounds, running along a dirt path, screaming "FUCK! SHIT! FUCK! FUCK! FUCKING LANDMINES!"

I wish I had something to record it hehe.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #12
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

Well not today, given it's 1 AM so I guess I'll say yesterday, I finally gathered the courage to ask this really cute asian girl I've been eyeing who works down at the salon from my work out on a date. I figured we've been talking and flirting for the past year or so so despite my financial and life situation I'd give it a go. I was confident, they weren't busy, we were talking for a few minutes prior...

I got shut down. She said she wants an asian guy.

But it's the fact I finally got the courage to ask her that I'm proud of. As much as a loud mouth, a perv, and an overall schmuck I find it hard as hell to go up to women and talk to them, especially for something like that. God it sucks that it's been over 5 years since I last had any sort of relationship, that I care enough about to remember, and my first attempt ends in failure.

Last edited by Mythago; 05-20-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #13
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Up for a promotion at work!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

After quitting FFXI, got back into school and on my way to an associates in criminal justice. Never again will I take classes like Comp, American Lit, and Intro to Terrorism all in one term....talk about a lot of reading and writing.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #15
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I finally found a pizza resturant where I can eat pizza and NOT spend the rest of my day vomiting! Huzzah!

There is a certain spice/herb used in the majority of commercial pizza shops that I'm allergic to and if ingested... cancel the day schedule because I won't be moving all damn day... so finding a place where I can eat pizza again for the first time in over 15 years is amazing to me. :P
Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #16
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

Lost a bet. so i had to dance butt naked on the side of the road with "Highway to the danger zone" (Theme to topgun) Blasting in the background

Yea... that was fun...
Old 05-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Botreie
Proud Pervert
Forum Member

Im freaking graduating tomorro yeash wooot weootowotowotowotowotowotoootoototootootooooooto
Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
Mythago
the Angry Iku
Forum Member

I'm one class away FROM graduating and getting my degree in Computer Networking and Information Security, along with about 4-5 certificates, so glad those 4 years of school aren't going to be wasted. :P (woulda been 2 but full time work+ school= to hard)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
Souyo
Wandering Catboy
Dat Modder
Forum Member

I jsut finished my first year of College woohoo! =D

Last edited by Souyo; 06-04-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
Devius2006
Incest King
Forum Member

The turbine transplant on my car went in without a hitch, only needed minor grinding and welding and she tucked in and fit like a glove. probably picked up another 20hp, and above my previous HP total of about 290, and its yet to be tuned. im looking to be sitting around 320 to 340hp by the time its broken in and tuned.

Life is good :]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum