Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

I'm going to purchase a second 3DS and both games, that way me and my brother will have the chance to battle each others.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #22
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soriel View Post
I'm going to purchase a second 3DS and both games, that way me and my brother will have the chance to battle each others.
Very nice! ^^ I might be doing this too since my mom also likes the game. I might wait til release draws near to see if there will be those limited edition 3DS that comes with the game.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #23
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

True! Might even go with two of those limited editions if there's 2 different models. Hope they wil be XL sized.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Sorry for the double post, but I want to add some info found on MTGSalvation.

Quote:
Apologies for the necro, but with the sheer amount of information I'm finding, I figure it's worth posting. This leak is coming from a claimed beta tester for Nintendo of Europe who has played through most of the game.

The contents of this leak have not been confirmed or denied by Nintendo. This information has not been corroborated and might be incomplete or misleading. I am not the leaker, just reposting the information gathered.

-- A new 18th Pokemon Type, "Fairy Type". Fairy is weak against steel and poison and immune to dragon. Dragon, Fighting, and Dark types are weak to fairy-type attacks, while fire and psychic-types resist it.
---- Clefairy, Togepi, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Lickitung, Snorlax, Dunsparce, Audino, Snubbull, Skitty, and Whismur all become fairy-type instead of normal type. Mawile, Absol, Misdreavus, Milotic (but not Feebas), Chimecho, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf and their evolutions all gain the Fairy-type.

--The starters' final forms are grass/fighting, fire/psychic, and water/dark. The grass type has american football-style armor and helmet. The fire type has bat-like ears and a cape of sorts. The water type has kabuki-like markings on its face, as some sort of ninja reference.

--There are two villainous teams, referred to as Team Acid (a traditional evil team that is trying to create the "ultimate type" of pokemon using genetics and sciences - the fairy type was a failed experiment of theirs) and Team Base (stealing pokemon from those they deem weak, a sort of amalgamation of Silver's thinking from GSC and Team Plasma's stated ideology)

--The two legendary pokemon are Xerneas (Fairy type, representing "Purity of the Earth" and rebuilds the land after the devastation of war) and Yveltal (Dark/Flying type, representing "Ambition of the Sky" and creates ruin across the land, killing all in combat.) The pair represents the cycle of life and death.

--Eevee, Mawile, Sableye, Dunsparce, Bannette, Tauros, Heracross, Pinsir, Bisharp, Maractus, Cryogonal, and Drifblim all have new evolutions. Lickitung, Throh/Sawk (shared), and Absol have new pre-evolutions.

--Dual Type moves will be treated as one type for calculating STAB or associated bonuses, and counted as another type when consulting weaknesses and resistances. A fire/flying move would not do 4x damage to a pure grass type, only 2x.

--There is one fossil-type pokemon, a Rock/Dragon that resembles a T-Rex. The fossil comes in 4 parts, (head, arms, legs, tail) and each game cart will have one type of fossil part - you'll need to trade to get the other three parts.

--Pokemon from Gen5 games can be transferred to XY using a downloadable app for the 3DS - you can store up to 25 pokemon (no items) from BW/2, and buy them in XY using in-game money, based on the transferred pokemon's level and the number of badges you have. (ostensibly to prevent beating everything ever with a level 100 kyurem you ported over)

--The Gym Types are Bug, Fairy, Normal, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Fire, and Psychic, and you do them in different order based on Version.

Bug, Fairy, Normal are located in Central. Then X goes to the Mountains and does Ice and Fire, while Y goes to the Coast and does Fighting and Ghost. Then they switch, with X going to the Coast, and Y going to the Mountains. Then Psychic is the final one located back in Central.

-- Elite Four aren't typed based this time, they focus on HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed. Champion uses a mixed team, and is the main story rival.

--You have four rivals. A roughneck childhood friend who wants to stop bullies gets the Weaker Starter, a fat, rich kid who believes money can do anything gets the Stronger Starter, and you meet a traveling hiker looking for her "perfect place" who has your Starter, but stronger and already evolved when you first meet her,

The main rival is a "Pokemon Rider" turned bounty hunter who begins as your mentor and gives you Gogoat, but turns into a jerk due to losing to the bad guys and becomes increasingly a true rival to you, eventually becoming the champion. He uses Tauros and, later, its evolution as his main Pokemon.

That's all the information I have thus far. If the leaker pops up again, I'll see if there's other information I can get from him.
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showt...=477444&page=8
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Soriel For This Useful Post:
zangoose (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #25
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Some rumors are repeated, but some are brand new! @[email protected] Nice finding! ^^

I'm SO dying to play this pkmn... ; ;

EDIT: This E4 setup has a funny aspect...they resemble ALOT the styles of double battle support NPCs of battle frontier.

Cheryl = HP
Riley = Atk
Marley = Spd
Mira = SPatk
Buck = Def

This might be just coincidence behind the rumors...but i'd love to see them back ^^ Also, Mira could easily be merged with Riley so he could cover both Atk and SPatk (exactly lucario's style), just like Buck actually covers Def and SPdef.

Last edited by zangoose; 05-25-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #26
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Found out new rumors, some fake and some interesting.
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/ne...ers.453033683/
Old 06-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #27
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Kinda old these. But tomorrow is the day! Seems like nintendo will confirm/deny most of these rumours! ^^

Here some more:

Quote:
This is New Pokemon information that it set to be released the following week, specifically what will be shared with fans via the Official Pokemon X/Y website. and in Press Releases sent out. Although they may divulge additional information, I believe this is also what CoroCoro and the E3 Round Table will cover.

- Two New Types: Fairy-type and Echo-type. Japanese names apparently (Fairy) and (Hibiki) Represented by light-pink and dark gray respectively.

- Fairy-type is weak to Poison and strong against Dark. Cleffa, Clefairy, and Clefable are now Fairy.

- Echo-type is immune to itself and strong against Ghost. Whismur, Loudred, and Exploud are now Echo.

- Xerneas is pure-Fairy. "Rebirth Pokemon". Horns are able to read the brainwaves of living creatures, storing the memory and knowledge of the planet.

- Yveltal is Echo/Flying. "Reverse Pokemon". Its wing-beat resonates with every living creature's heart, stirring them into action and their will to live.

- Sylveon is pure-Fairy, Harmony Pokemon. Able to befriend any Pokemon using its soothing ribbons. Ability "Heart Dust" slightly heals teammates when it is switched out with them. Signature move is "Symphony Beam", very powerful but weakens when teammates are fainted.

- Mewtwo has two Formes. One we've seen is "Réveil Forme", Psychic/Echo, vibrates its body at high frequencies to move at super speed. Transforms via the "Awakened Gene", found in the X Version.

- Second one is "Sommeil Forme". Smaller, and asleep with a weird pink "egg" growing from its brain. Psychic/Fairy, sleeps while absorbing energy to heighten its brain power. Transforms via the "Dormant Gene", found in the Y Version.

- There will be many new evolutions introduced who evolve through new methods, two of them being revealed:

- New Pokemon Queasine, the "Gourmand" Pokemon. Evolved form of Swalot, pure-Poison. Humanoid shape with barrel-shaped stomach, large arms, and small legs. Black pattern on body resembles a fancy outfit, little chef-hat growing from head. Can mix various ingredients inside of its stomach to produce new types of food which are said to be surprisingly delicious. New Ability "Berry Mixer", after battle attached Berry is randomly changed to a new Berry. New Move "Belch", powerful Poison-move that consumes a Berry to use.

- New Pokemon Shoreshoot, the "Strider" Pokemon. Split-evolution of Surskit, Water/Bug. Larger Surskit with eight legs with yellow feet at the end, "goggles" over its eyes, and a pair of translucent wings. Known to glide along the surfaces of water at high speed before taking off and flying through the sky. New Ability "Slipstream", allows it to avoid entry hazards.

- There is a New Fairy and New Echo Pokemon revealed:

- New Pokemon Shochertz, the "Tuning" Pokemon. Echo/Electric. Little yellow-looking spark plug with tuning fork hands, it must tap them together regularly to calibrate its energy in order to properly dispel electricity or else it will shock itself. New Move "Reverberate", Echo-type move that causes additional damage the turn after it is used.

- New Pokemon Unitopia, the "Unicorn" Pokemon. Fairy/Flying. Probably an evolved form, resembles Rapidash strongly, being a majestic horse although white with a pink mane and wings. New Move "Over Rainbow", Fairy-type move that stops Rain.

- Professor Patrice, resembles a young man wearing a sweater over his lab-coat. Said to be the Central Kalos Professor, apparently there is one for each section of Kalos. Studies the history of how Pokemon and humans have interacted throughout time.

- New Arm Device is called the "Algorythm", able to analyze the brain-waves and heart-beat of Pokemon in order to better understand them. Can "translate" Pokemon's feelings, showing you their current mood, items they want, and happiness. As you battle with them, they grow closer, and communicate with you more...sometimes in battle, they'll suggest which move would be best to use in a situation. As you journey, additional functions are unlocked that allow you to become closer with your Pokemon than ever before
The Following User Says Thank You to zangoose For This Useful Post:
Dark_Soriel (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Those are some nice finds.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Fairy-type confirmed! The official site was updated with the info revealed at E3!

http://www.pokemonxy.com/
Old 06-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #30
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

I love the fox like starter. Guess it's a fire type because of the color's background.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #31
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Ya the fox is the fire one.

Tons of info were released yesterday during s roundtable after nintendo direct, showing new pokemons, talking about sky battles, horde battles, the PSS (system that will, pretty much, replace the pal pad and xtranseiver at player interaction), the language change ingame instead of having region-based game, the nintendogs-style pet system that will add extra buffs to pkmns like critical hit and evasion bonuses, etc.

Most of this were already updated at official site as well! ^^

Lookig SO hot! @[email protected]
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #32
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

I know, this is going to be fun a fun gen for the pockemon games. I made a short trip over their page before watching another episode of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #33
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

There was an update on the Pokemon X/Y page
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #34
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Yup! Very nice the new pkmns! ^^ Dying to get this game! Tomorrow (18) will start the registration of last gen V official tournament and all participants will receive an invite for a "beta test battle" with the new pkmns! ^^
Old 07-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #35
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

I already preordered X and Y.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #36
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

I didn't. I'll get digital copy instead this time since we always have some "preorder delay" (usually 1-2 weeks) here. Not really willing to wait a like a month to play it (i was very fortunate in buying BW2 at cduniverse...they always shipped at expected date...but i saw ppl having to wait too much to receive the game...over a month in some cases) since i can just download it ^^

I just hope a potential congestion don't get the eshop down ^^:::
Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #37
Gleason
Not Really a Miqo'te
Forum Member

I need to figure out what previous versions I'll need to complete the pokedex without massive trading this time around!

Between me and a sibling, we have Soul Silver, Ruby, Fire Red, Pearl, Diamond, and White 2 (I don't know where my Black version went @[email protected] )
Old 07-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #38
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Just battle your way with the global link, that should be enough.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Indeed! GTS is enough for getting most/all pkmns...specially since XY will remove the pokedex restriction there. Right now you can only ask at GTS pkmns you at least saw ingame but at XY you can just type its name and gogo ^^

Also, hopefully with the always connected feature it will be much easier to battle/trade with others since seems like you will be able to see your friends online ingame (really ingame...not only at PSS) and even talk to them with PSS with a /shout-like feature.

I'm really looking foward to this game because i always liked pkmn, but the multiplayer part was always the most impacting one at replay factor and XY seems to be focusing on it! /o/
Old 07-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
Gleason
Not Really a Miqo'te
Forum Member

Oh, good then! Hopefully people won't be trying silly stuff like wanting a Darkrai for a charmander -_-

Then again, at least for now the 3DS is pretty secure, i think?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Game Discussions