Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
X_Opher
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Shadow Priest Help

hey guys, I got S Priest Question... could anyone tell me how you guys play s priest on 5-man heroic or during trash mob? I know there are several opener for the boss fight, one of them is VP > DP > MB > SW: P > MF

But what you guys doing for trash mobs? do you do VP > DP > MB > SW: P > swap mob > repeat? how about if there are more than 3 mobs? I don't think I can even do full opener if there are 3+ mobs... normally the first mob's debuff will run out once I'm done with the 3 or sometimes 4 mobs depend on how fast I target them... I tried to Mind Sear them all but the dps just horribly low... my gear are 232 ilvl, hit capped...

How about on the boss, I know I supposed to keep all VP DP SW:P up all the time but what am I supposed to do after I do the opener? should I use Mind Flay spam until the DoT gone or MF > MF > MB (whenever it up) until I have to refresh DoT?

Thanks for the answer!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
Dultime
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

It depends on your opponents, if there are 3 or more mobs clustered together. Usually I start with with Devouring plague and Shadow word pain, and go on with mind sear for AoE damage.
On single mobs usually there's no point in applying all the DoT's so I go with the two instants and use mind blast and mind flay untill death. (which shouldnt take long)

On boss fights the order I use is: Vampiric touch, Devouring plague, Shadow word pain, mind blast, mind flay. (reapply DoT's when they expire) and switch between mind blast and mind flay.

I hope this helps :)
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
X_Opher
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

do you put dot in every mobs if there are more than 3 mobs before mind searing or just dot 1 > mind sear till death > second mobs > dots > mind sears to death again > third mobs etc?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Dultime
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Yes, do the instant dots on one of the three, then mind sear.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Wingblade
Au Ra Samurai
Forum Member

your doing groups right then, and how my rotation for bosses is VT > SW: P > DP > MB > PW: D > MF VT needs reapplied and repeat with VT next time it needs applied need to put DP back up. But i contantly keep MB and PW: D on CD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMORPG's » General WoW Talk Forum