Notices

Old 11-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #1341
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
>on Bowlroll that I don't have access to

seriously get a fake account, da is so full of trash. its like those hags that pretend to be teens with camera angles and clothing, looks nice in the thumbnail, dissapointment once you click on it.
By and large I agree, this is like the second time I've even gone on DA this year. However they have some diamonds in the rough, the key is to just not bother with Vocaloid or Utau models there, those are usually the subpar ones (and are usually the ones with a million dumb rules too). I managed to get a bunch of Dragonball, Pokemon, Earthbound, Overwatch and Sonic models that I'd been putting comedy movie projects on hold for because I didn't have them, and some rigged gamerip Senran Kagura models too. Also there are a few good partmakers, I grabbed a bunch of CM3D2 hairstyles and stages.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:58 AM   #1342
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Minami is done. Skin is card-accurate. I made a few last minute adjustments to her eyes because they aren't the same shape as most of the other girls'.

The ponytail model actually has more polygons than the hair-down version (due to the ponytail itself being extremely high-poly). Also the bangs are not identical, the hair-down version has almost all of them repositioned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mmmiiiiinamiiiiiiiis.png
Views:	48
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	187829  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 11-11-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #1343
ponchi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

http://ecchi.iwara.tv/images/ray-mmd...AA%9E%EF%BC%89

someone know or try make this effect ? can anyone translate this in English ?
Old 11-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #1344
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchi View Post
http://ecchi.iwara.tv/images/ray-mmd...AA%9E%EF%BC%89

someone know or try make this effect ? can anyone translate this in English ?
go to the forums, there are a few threads discussing how to use ray, and there's a few people who explain things in detail
Old 11-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #1345
ponchi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
go to the forums, there are a few threads discussing how to use ray, and there's a few people who explain things in detail
can't found any tutorial for raycast on this forum .. only author's works .. can u show me pls ? )
Old 11-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #1346
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchi View Post
can't found any tutorial for raycast on this forum .. only author's works .. can u show me pls ? )
I would, but the mass pile of new thread spam made me loose track of most of the useful threads. you'll have to look for it yourself.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:23 AM   #1347
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Miho is coming along, but her CM3D2 hair needed all kinds of work to make it fit, and even after deleting all the extra mesh I could her hair still has more vertices than all the other girls' do. Also the weighting on her bangs got all screwed up and I will have to fix it, but not tonight. I don't see her getting done before Tuesday if her bangs are as jacked up as I think they are. Must sleep, work in the morning.

Edit: Miho is done. I completely re-rigged her hair and modified its physics. As I was finishing her up I noticed I forgot to get rid of those malfunctioning toe IK bones from the base bodies I was using so I had to delete them and re-rig the feet for her, Miku, Kirari, Ranko and Karen. There's quite an interesting story behind her model, but it's not worth a wall of text here. I think she turned out pretty well.

Next is either Mika or Uzuki.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	miporin.png
Views:	8
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	187890   Click image for larger version

Name:	mihodone.png
Views:	10
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	187907  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 11-15-2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Model done, not worth bumping thread for.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:48 AM   #1348
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

At this point I've plucked all the low-hanging fruit and it's only the hard stuff from here on out. Progress on Uzuki has been very, very slow and it's completely because of the CM3D2 hair I'm using for her. (All the non-CM3D2 models of her were either no-edit or not good enough to bother using.) I was able to get the bangs and sidetail on after a couple of days and get all her facials tweaked successfully but the main hair is an absolute nightmare. It wasn't symmetrical so I had to split it in half to work with, I'm going to mirror-flip it when it's done to make it symmetrical and then join it together. That's only half of it, in addition to fixing the weight and fitting it to her head I'm trying to get the vertex count down as much as I can. As she currently stands if I don't delete any more vertices she'll be a little over 36,000 when complete, which isn't anywhere near the limit for a PMD model but still around 10,000 more vertices than any of the other girls. I may work on Mika for a while just for a change of pace. This is just a quick mockup of what she'd look like, the hair isn't anywhere near finished.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uzupaka.png
Views:	13
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	188227  
Old 11-21-2017, 08:36 AM   #1349
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

>vertices she'll be a little over 36,000
why does such a low poly model have so many vertices
are you using pmx editors terrible knife tool?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #1350
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
>vertices she'll be a little over 36,000
why does such a low poly model have so many vertices
are you using pmx editors terrible knife tool?
Nope, not at all. Haven't touched the knife once on this model. The face, bangs and sidetail combined have 7,999 vertices as they currently are. The body has 16,158 vertices and 24,493 polygons, and that's a constant since all the models are based off the same body.

It's the CM3D2 hair, the curls that have all the polygons and vertices. When you get down close to the bottom where it gets curly, the poly count explodes. When I started the hair was at almost 29,000 vertices total, I deleted all the invisible vertices, and removed the inner set of locks, that cut the vertex count down to a little over 12,300. My goal now is to merge as much as I can to get that vertex count down without making it look like crap. That will probably mostly be up closer to the head where her hair is flatter. Each one of those locks has a little over 1,000 vertices in it, and she has eight of them... I don't see an easy way around it. CM3D2 parts seem like they're easy to use on an MMD model, but the game uses really high poly counts and it makes the models very heavy. The extracted model the hair came from was a PMX with over 57,000 vertices.

I do have a backup set of hair I could use that's only about 5,500 total vertices, but it's based off an extremely old model, and, well, I don't think it looks very good.

Edit: I went back and looked at Mika and she was closer to being done than I remembered she was, so I finished her up. Lost some sleep for it, but it was sleep Ajit Pai would have cost me anyway.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	drills.png
Views:	13
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	188228   Click image for larger version

Name:	mika.png
Views:	21
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	188232  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 11-22-2017 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Got off my butt and finished a model I'd been working on for like a year
Old 11-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #1351
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

So I hit the wall with Uzuki and started working on Frederica instead. Her face is almost done, I just need to finish fixing a few eye expressions. Adding all the extra eyelashes and changing her eye shape was easier than I thought it would be... her face is based off Rin's, the extra lashes to the inside of the big lashes are copies of the small lower lashes, flipped and re-positioned; the two to the outside came from the Ami model. The eye has no changes to the mesh itself because that would screw up some facials, instead it's just a modified UV with the eye texture changed to concentric circles with transparency for the part of the mesh that extends past it.

What I'm trying to do here is "trace" Matsun's Frederica model that was never publicly released. The hard part will be her hair. I know the bangs are also Rin's with heavy modifications, and I'm sure I can get close to that. The problem is the back hair... I have no clue where it comes from. I thought about using Tomitake's hair from the LiPPS set, but it's low-poly, and very lumpy and angular. These photos don't provide much to go on, but if anyone recognizes where the hair comes from, it would be a big help. If I can't figure it out I'll probably run the Tomitake hair through the high-poly plugin as a backup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fre.png
Views:	11
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	188257   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaprziTUYAA2NS7.png orig.png
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	188258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capk1pRUAAAZH6_.png orig.png
Size:	850.1 KB
ID:	188259  

Name:	CbLzveOUUAEvDAo.jpg orig.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	188260  
Old 11-28-2017, 01:53 AM   #1352
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Triple post! ...next time I'll just edit.

Fu-fu-fu-fu-Frederica is fu-fu-fu-fu-finished. I couldn't determine where the back hair Matsun used came from, so I ran the Tomitake Frederica hair through the High-Poly plugin and combined that with hair from Hibiki and Makoto to finish her. It turned out to be more arduous than I anticipated, and only the bangs and some of the side hair have physics while the hair past the back of her ears doesn't, but it just doesn't matter now because she's done. All things considered I think she turned out very well. More importantly I can use her face as a jumping-off place for some of the other characters with unconventional eye shapes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fre.png
Views:	16
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	188279   Click image for larger version

Name:	fre2.png
Views:	17
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	188280  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 11-28-2017 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #1353
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

>Triple post!
I don't have much to add to your editing blogs, mmd pretty much stopped for me since I started working
Old 12-03-2017, 02:43 AM   #1354
Wizkid
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Exclamation Windows10 Fall Creators Update + MMD

If you install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update it will break the MMD (9.26).
To fix that, you have to download the newest release: 9.29 (or newer) from VPVP.

Example shown here.: Eboshi's Twitter.

Last edited by Wizkid; 12-03-2017 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Update: 9.29 Performance fix
Old 12-03-2017, 03:20 AM   #1355
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizkid View Post
If you install Windows 10 Fall Creators Update it will break the MMD (9.26).
To fix that, you have to download the newest release: 9.27 (or newer) from VPVP.

Example shown here.: Eboshi's Twitter.
in what way mmd breaks

and is that fall update manual or will be delivered automatically?
Old 12-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #1356
Wizkid
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Compare

Quote:
in what way mmd breaks

The XYZ bones behave in a strange way. If you watch the video, starting at 0.21, Eboshi tries to turn the model, but it just doesn't work.

Quote:
and is that fall update manual or will be delivered automatically?
I think at some point it will be automatic, right now it's manual, probably depends on the region where you live.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #1357
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So, just out of curiosity, is there anyone that might be willing to help me rig a body model from scratch? I have an imported model from metasequoia, but it didn't comeout with the bones or weights. Also, I'm trying to match the weights from another model. ;^_^
Old 12-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #1358
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

I suck at rigging
Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #1359
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
I suck at rigging
Yea, me too. Just trying to make this model look good and bend the same as the clothes I'm trying to put on it.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #1360
Moondrag
Forum Member

Anyone managed to figure out the extraction password for this model? I had no problem getting the bowlroll password, but the extraction password stops me hard.

https://bowlroll.net/file/133843

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat