Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #201
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Wind grabbing my car door as I was getting out of it and hitting the side view of another car. Thankfully the car is all right but now I got a spot on my door I doubt I can buff out.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #202
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Anythime there's ranked, there's whiners. Might be why I dislike competitive stuff so much. Why bother making it a show of who has the biggest dick. Might be why I also dislike PvP games.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:15 PM   #203
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

True, there's always a whiny tryhard and since Overwatch revolves around switching characters to counter it can be a pain when you get a dumbass that won't switch because "muh main" or some bullshit like that.

Kinda like when you have a Pharh/Mercy on the enemy team going unchecked but the dumbfuck Reaper doesn't want to switch to a hitscan to help.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #204
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Yeah, I know that feeling. Like the white mage getting all the aggro in FF14 and getting killed over and over... If you can't bother to play the game as a team, why play it at all? As if everyone had all the time just to give a specific player most of the attention.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #205
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Don't remind me. Hell even in competitive where you'd expect people not to be as bad I've seen some people do stuff that just baffles me. Reinhardt players that charge in leaving the team vulnerable and are so far in the enemy team's backline they're dead, Winston players that jump in on an enemy group with no support and get slaughtered, and the usual favorite: The DPS that doesn't communicate and thinks he can lone wolf everything while away from the team.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:27 AM   #206
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,522 Times in 3,393 Posts

Hot in Japan, and a typhoon also in Japan... making it extra Humid, i might as well walk outside in a swimsuit, because it feels like I'm walking out into the ocean.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #207
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

People who think that when you are trying to correct their behavior, that is not improving despite being addressed multiple times, instead turn it into a personal vendetta you have with them.

Obviously if it is something that has to be constantly addressed...it isn't me picking on you, it is you doing something wrong that needs to stop. -.-
Old 07-24-2017, 05:50 AM   #208
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Watching hentai and suddenly around 9pm at night... the delivery man is at the door!

Yes, they actually deliver that late... in Japan
Old 07-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #209
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #210
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

I went out and sprung for a new computer this weekend as my old one still runs XP and they don't make external HDDs compatible with it any more. As the 1TB drive I was using to store most of my life on recently kicked up and died I wanted to make sure that I could quickly get the backup onto a new drive, so I grabbed a 4TB My Book. Got the new computer hooked up and started copying things; first everything I've written, then my MP3s, finally pictures and my hentai stash which comprised the bulk of the roughly 910GB on my backup drive, which contained roughly 99% of what was on the drive that was lost. This took the better part of two nights. I couldn't help but notice it took a very long time to copy large numbers of smaller picture files. Oh well, only had to do it once.

Finally finished the undertaking at around 3 AM this morning. Shut the computer down, stashed away my backup drive safely and went to bed. After work this evening, I got home, fired up the computer and got ready to transfer the two smaller drives I keep most of my MMD stuff on to the new drive so I can play with MMD on my new computer and finally use it the way it's meant to be. I glanced at the free space on disk... and stopped. 910GB of data was taking up 1.76TB of file space on disk.

Ten seconds on Google and a quick glance at my file system (which would have been quicker if Windows 10 didn't suck buttermilk through its asshole but that' a whole other story). WD formats the fucking drives in exFAT, not NTFS. That's why the tiny pictures were taking so long; the drive was assigning enormous allocation tables to them, which then caused them to take up massive amounts of disk space. Aside from cross platform with Macs I cannot fathom why anyone would use such an inefficient file system.

Soooo I had to reformat the drive into NTFS which wiped out everything I just transferred and now I get to do it all over AGAIN. Meaning I have to leave my backup drive plugged in and vulnerable to power surges a second time. (Yes, I have a strip. No, it doesn't do shit if something like lightning hits the circuit. At least my power lines are buried.) The only good thing about it is that the file transfer is going way, way faster now that the drive is in NTFS. I'm two thirds of the way through of copying my roughly 60,000 sound files and I just started it at the time I started typing this post. Also reformatting to NTFS wiped out all the WD utilities on the drive, not that I was going to use them, but it was nice to know they were there.

Moral:

WHATEVER TEH FCUK YOU DO ALWAYS REFORMAT YOUR EXTERNALS TO NTFS BEFORE YOU START COPYING SHIT. (sic)

Also: Windows 10. Sucks. I've heard Windows 8 was worse, but this is bad enough. I had to get through like fifty screens just to start it up the first time and they tried to sign me up for all kinds of shit I won't use. No, I'm not giving you my contact information so you can flood me with spam. I can't even get a My Computer icon to put on my desktop, there physically is no way to create a "This PC" shortcut. I have to put a fucking tile on a fucking start menu that requires a fucking scrollbar because there's so much shit I'm not going to use and didn't ask for cluttering it up. No Cortana, I'm not going to talk to you, if I'm going to end up in a codependent relationship with a virtual woman it's going to be GUMI, dammit. And I've never played Halo.

It should be pointed out I've been using Windows XP since 2005, and before that I used Windows 98 so I'm used to the old menus, but I use Windows 7 at work and it's totally fine. But it is gone, never to return. Why Microsoft felt this was necessary is beyond me. I know there are third party programs I can buy to mimic the old style functionality but I should not have to. This is why I put off buying a new computer for so long, it's like having to learn a foreign language, they've changed so much. Nothing is where it was before. Also I heard 10 does not have Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, which is like building a car and not putting headlights on it. Oh yeah, and no installation disc. Guess I better hope I never need to reinstall Windows!

Thirdly: Fucking Nintendo. Preorders finally go up for the damn SNES while I'm at work and they sell out in a minute. All to appear on eBay at 500% markup. It'd be one thing if I could get one later but I can't. One more thing I desperately wanted but will never lay my hands on because some executive can't bear the thought there might be a single box on some shelf somewhere that shipped but didn't get sold. But never mind that; they don't want my money, they just want to try to force more gimmicky controllers on me. Much like Microsoft, Nintendo hates things they've done right and want to make everybody use things they screwed up. They are forcing me to emulate.

That rant went on longer than I thought it would. The MP3s are all copied over, 58 GB in about 15 minutes. All that's left is the pictures which I just started. At least I should be able to get the second transfer done tonight at this rate, I'm getting 60-80MB/s as opposed to maybe 2-3MB/s when it was exFAT. In fact I think I'm going to get it done within an hour.

Fourthly, there's a whiny manchild currently trying to get every living thing on this globe killed but don't get me started.

Also my toilet tank is leaking.

Last edited by MMDisaster; Yesterday at 10:43 PM.
Old Today, 03:57 AM   #211
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

Twitter: nattajerk
Tumblr: kaggentoo

Mini-sohdah hates drinking alone? must be a lot of hateful people, I lived right next door and saw that all the time

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum