Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Old 09-25-2016, 05:10 AM   #1
Kidboy
Forum Member

Default XIV - Naughtywvr patch no longer supported?

Has Naughtywvr stop supporting his nude mod?
Is there an up-to-date one?
If so, could i have a link to it? (Even if it's paid)
Old 09-25-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
OliveOiled
RandomHyur's partner.
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidboy View Post
Has Naughtywvr stop supporting his nude mod?
Is there an up-to-date one?
If so, could i have a link to it? (Even if it's paid)
There have been no updates to it for entire patches now, and there have really been no need for them. it still works since around 3.1.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:37 AM   #3
Dickwaffle
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Recently tried to obtain the patch, haven't received the serial key to activate it after a week. Anyone know what's going on with that?
Old 12-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #4
Snat
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo1679 View Post
they key should have been automated along with buying it, if you still can't find it try to contact naughtyweaver.
Don't think you will get much of a reply although he is getting them. I sent him a couple and they are being opened but no replies :(
Old 12-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
Raptor Aurion
Forum Member

I guess it's time to stop buying the patch
Old 12-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Aurion View Post
I guess it's time to stop buying the patch
Typically what happens with paid MMO mods. But sadly, XIV is simply not a popular MMO, format aside.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:09 AM   #7
iriscal
Forum Member

FYI -

I have reverse-engineered the software and can extract the source code. If NaughyWVR does not respond to me on Twitter, I will release my methods two months before the release of Stormblood so that interested parties may use them to maintain functionality of the program. Naturally, this also means that anyone with a little tinkering can bypass the licensing system, for those of you who are having problems with it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iriscal For This Useful Post:
Isabeau Onyxheart (12-22-2016), Raptor Aurion (12-22-2016), Roshutsu (12-23-2016), Shadowfang (12-22-2016), Thunder Wind (12-24-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 03:06 PM   #8
Raptor Aurion
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriscal View Post
FYI -

I have reverse-engineered the software and can extract the source code. If NaughyWVR does not respond to me on Twitter, I will release my methods two months before the release of Stormblood so that interested parties may use them to maintain functionality of the program. Naturally, this also means that anyone with a little tinkering can bypass the licensing system, for those of you who are having problems with it.
Thanks, you're what the community needs :D
Old 12-24-2016, 12:52 AM   #9
Thunder Wind
Some Weird Kid
Forum Member

Quote:
I will release my methods two months before the release of Stormblood
Why wait so long? I understand a lot of people will be looking into FFXIV at that point in time and it'll catch more eyes when you release it, but NaughtyWVR has been silent for a VERY long time, even when confronted with this exact scenario, he stays quiet.

It's pretty scummy to withdraw information from an entire community for his own financial gain, and I genuinely think that because of the way FFXIV's first nude patch was introduced by WVR, it's caused pretty much everybody to give up or just flat out not care anymore about making their own modifications, except for a few here and there (which REQUIRE NaughtyWVR to be installed anyways). It feels like because of the lack of know how, people are settling for what's already available, which I'd really like to hope that's not the case because I REALLY want fat round asses just as much as the next guy.

I know it's not up to me whether or not you release the info, but I just had to get that off of my chest. This game badly needs more options.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:47 AM   #10
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Reality is that there's simply very little interest in making mods of any kind.
Even XI as of this year might as well still be more popular then XIV dev support wise, much less artist/asset maker wise.

Naughtywvr's models are pretty much the bulk of all the mods for the game that isnt texture mods, the fact naughtywvr's models are paid doesn't really change that point.
I even repacked the free barbie doll model demo so you can install it easily ([Raw MDL] Sample nude dat from main thread), but noone wants to touch vrs at all, regardless of whatever model they use as a starting point.

Besides that: the game data simply hasnt really changed much since 3.0 -> present. I'm already maintaining the existing addons for 3.x (as evidenced by the lala hotfix I made), there's nothing that needs to be done for the moment (if we ignore the whole "bought addon, didn't receive a key" issue). If we needed fixes, I would have released additional ones by now.

I don't know if 3.0 -> 4.0 will break things, If I had copies of his older installers I could give an opinion relative to how 2.0 -> 3.0 changed, but my sponsor only had 1.3 and newer.
As I've stated earlier: the installer does nothing except copy/paste data into the dats. If 4.0 changes the underlying model format, someone would need to update the actual models in vrs.

tl;dr: removing the license check won't actually do anything if 4.0 breaks the models, everyone is afraid of touching vrs, that's where you should be looking.

ps: if someone did make a new model worth noting, I'll release a modified installer IMMEDIATELY to make things easy for you. I've had it working for months now, but there's nothing to install for the moment.

pps: if the cost of VRS's monthly subscription sounds as ridiculous to you as it does to everyone else: consider bribing/making a bounty for someone to make a open source plugin so you can use blender or the like. The existing file specs we have are simply from reverse-engineering the game data, there's no magic/secret inside knowledge involved.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:56 AM   #11
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Wind View Post
Why wait so long? I understand a lot of people will be looking into FFXIV at that point in time and it'll catch more eyes when you release it, but NaughtyWVR has been silent for a VERY long time, even when confronted with this exact scenario, he stays quiet.
It's still piracy, there's nothing stopping someone from re-uploading all his work the moment he released them, much less a year later in that line of thought. You cant change the fact the game itself will have the models in plaintext no matter how it's protected in the installer.

Also I don't think he's ignoring people, that would imply he's reading them. It seems more likely he simply completely disappeared a year ago and hasn't looked back.
Old 12-24-2016, 04:41 PM   #12
iriscal
Forum Member

If it's that big of a deal to people, then for now, I'll release the link to the unlocked version. As Guy Incognito said, there won't be much point in holding back if 4.0 is going to break things anyway, but I still want to give NaughtyWVR a chance to resume maintenance of this software; if he does, I won't release any more unlocked versions. If he doesn't, I'll release the source code.

With that in mind...
bit (dot) do (slash) arrnp
Old 12-24-2016, 08:52 PM   #13
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
If it's that big of a deal to people, then for now, I'll release the link to the unlocked version. As Guy Incognito said, there won't be much point in holding back if 4.0 is going to break things anyway, but I still want to give NaughtyWVR a chance to resume maintenance of this software; if he does, I won't release any more unlocked versions. If he doesn't, I'll release the source code.
I'm not telling you or anyone else what you should or shouldn't do, I'm only pointing out the facts.

Personally I'd rather he had at least left some sort of statement before dissappearing.

You could simply modify the installer and not include the models if you want to sidestep the issue as I have been doing. I dont think anyone has had issues downloading the installer (and thus the mod data). Anyone that legitly owns the mod has the data.

My unreleased installers can function with a combination of encrypted and unencrypted indexes and also with a combination of key checks or not.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:21 AM   #14
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,442 Posts

This thread sure is getting a bit strange :P

First of all, technically any form of "altercations" to the game, is already illegal, and then selling something illegal, is already illegal in a sense.

Anyway...!

This site site already runs on sort of "grey area", and things aren't removed unless requested by an author (and proof that they are said author etc).

With that in mind, the mod could have been posted here long ago when the author stopped visiting, and would not have been removed until it was requested removal.

With that said, no one but yourself is responsible for anything that may happen, could happen, will happen to your PC for using any form of mod. If enough report an issue however, a file will be removed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gulkeeva For This Useful Post:
Raptor Aurion (12-25-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #15
Kanikou
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Twitter: Kanikou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
It's still piracy, there's nothing stopping someone from re-uploading all his work the moment he released them, much less a year later in that line of thought. You cant change the fact the game itself will have the models in plaintext no matter how it's protected in the installer.

Also I don't think he's ignoring people, that would imply he's reading them. It seems more likely he simply completely disappeared a year ago and hasn't looked back.
Some say he actually reads messages and just doesn't respond, since some communication lines shows that information.

Regardless though as for 4.0 breaking things, the only thing that will break is if they introduce a new race (the mermaid beast tribe won't change formats unless they do something akin to when they introduced Lilisette in WoTG in FFXI and later the various other unique NPCs in Seekers) so the biggest change would probably be additions to the structure to support swimming/diving animations, but...even then it shouldn't matter too much.

But who knows, maybe SE will surprise us for better or worse.

All in all though, XIV is just not popular and no one cares for it really. Sure you have high population on Balmung and such but I see more love for Tree of Savior than I do this game and that game is far from being "good."
Old 12-25-2016, 01:33 PM   #16
Alexandrious
Paladin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanikou View Post
Some say he actually reads messages and just doesn't respond, since some communication lines shows that information.

Regardless though as for 4.0 breaking things, the only thing that will break is if they introduce a new race (the mermaid beast tribe won't change formats unless they do something akin to when they introduced Lilisette in WoTG in FFXI and later the various other unique NPCs in Seekers) so the biggest change would probably be additions to the structure to support swimming/diving animations, but...even then it shouldn't matter too much.

But who knows, maybe SE will surprise us for better or worse.

All in all though, XIV is just not popular and no one cares for it really. Sure you have high population on Balmung and such but I see more love for Tree of Savior than I do this game and that game is far from being "good."
More love for Tree of Savior.......?

Ehehehe..hahahaha....HAHAHAHAHA!

Haaahh.......ahh...your funny. I love jokes. Ahahaha.....
Old 12-25-2016, 01:57 PM   #17
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

The changelogs for 1.0-1.2 are no longer listed on his store site, but he did mention doing specific work for 2.5 for the chinese client since at that point there were requests for it while everyone else was on 3.05 or so. It could have been as simple as "please test it, because I can't" though.

Mabye SE will introduce yet another texture format/texture changes for 4.0 :p
DX9 used DXT3/5 and DX11 uses RGBA, <wildspeculation> maybe they'll introduce higher res textures with ps3 support going away soon </wildspeculation>
Old 12-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #18
WhitemageSerenia
Mithran Battle-Whitemage
Forum Member

I'm a little confused as to why Kanikou says XIV isn't popular? Considering it still pops up on "Most Popular MMO" listings. Perhaps she means it isn't popular with modders? Which I could understand, I've heard XIV is a bitch to mod for (Similar to early gen PS3 games, when devs were still learning the hardware)
Old 01-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #19
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If/when someone wants to be the one to upload the decompiled source to the installer: I will release a modified version that can allow you to easily make arbitrary addons. It will also have the source code annotated if you wish to understand/learn how it actually works. I simply dont wish to be the person to actually release it initially.

Working with the installer at the source code level is trivial, as it's compiled against the net cli and written in c#. If you're seriously interested in modifying it, this is already more then enough information to begin the process of doing whatever you want with it.

The only real thing missing in the original installer is the ability to create/modify addons as the addon indexes are encrypted. Once unencrypted they're straightforward text files.

If for some reason XIV is no longer compatible with existing addons, you would do two things:
  1. Find the new offsets (assuming they changed) of the new files and change them in the addon index file
  2. Modify your dat so it's compatible (if the file format has changed)

Assuming you're overwriting dats like the existing naughtwvr installer, if you're using a method like textools does: your tool should automagically have the new offset and you would simply skip to step #2
Old 01-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #20
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

[SRC] Annotations for Naughtywvr Installer

I annotated the source code for anyone curious as to how it works, as there is no actual license to it, you will need to provide your own copy of the installer. Instructions are inside.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion