Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
rufiotear
be a little inappropriate
Forum Member

Default How do you add an object to a model? (Grumpy Rarab's tutorial?)

I remember reading a lonnnng time ago on one of Grumpy Rarab's tutorials where he added a rabbit to his main character model and made it follow around his character like a pet, but I can't remember how to add an object to a model.

Do I load the FFXI model in metasequoia, paste the 2nd object alongside the the FFXI model and then save it? If so, I've done this but it doesn't show the object in model viewer.

Will the new object appear if I load the new .DAT in VRS and then save it through VRS? Of course I will have to add weights but is that pretty much it? I think I remember something about having to use both metasequoia and VRS.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
Kyuna
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Combining stuff from 2 different dats is easy in vrs when they use the same skeleton. Just load them both up and combine the parts you want into one dat. I have done that many times. I am not to sure on how to do it if they use different skeletons I think you can try copying and pasting parts of the mesh and then fixing up the weights.

From my understanding you can't add or delete anything in metasequoia and get it work.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner