Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 07-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #361
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
I might take a look at ripping some idolmaster characters, because there's not many new releases of characters to edit.

Speaking of edits, does anyone feel like their folders are full of old stuff? I'm sitting on piles and piles of badly named versions, that are used in some pmms. I'm going to have to start purging things soon, because they take up a lot of space, and some of the older ones are really sloppy.
its kind of work with no payoff, seems like the downside of hoarding is the stuff you have looses value. i feel like i want to trash everything and just keep a small set of models.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #362
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

I absolutely have gobs and gobs of models that have sat there for years without being used, but not necessarily without intent to eventually use them. I generally only ditch a model when it gets updated for a new version and then only if it's not a "modeler had a full body on the old version but deleted the naughty bits on the new one" situation. From time to time I think about getting rid of what I'm not actually using but I learned a lesson a long time ago about getting rid of things I thought I didn't need any more and winding up regretting it to this day.

Otherwise right now I just sort into series-themed folders so I know where to find them and leave them be until I need them for something. I don't bother going through renaming all the bones and editing and whatnot until it's necessary. I also have a notepad file where I jot down movie ideas so I don't forget them.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:45 PM   #363
icetitan99
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I'm trying to get the pass for models from bowlroll net/r18/user/5008 but I don't know katakana which is what these models need. Any advice? I'm trying to be self sufficient rather than just relying on someone to decode these passes, so any tips/tricks would be awesome!
Old 08-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #364
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

there are online converters that work... sometimes
sometimes simply googling the url will drop you into 4chan or chineese forum where the pass is shared
sometimes your head feel like a potato after maddening amounts of attempts. at that point ask someone or try again later, you won't figure out all passwords on your own
Old 08-02-2020, 08:08 AM   #365
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I meant more iterations of the same model, rather than different models, because although I do have dozens of kancolle characters I don't use, just my kizuna akari folder has several gigabytes of .blend files and I'm starting to think it's a problem. I think I'm just going to delete all but the recent, and accept that sometimes I'll regret doing so. Edit: or I can just spend the rest of the day making more.

If you're having hiragana and katakana problems, just learn them, it only takes a few days of study.

Last edited by lewdmon; 08-02-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #366
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
I meant more iterations of the same model, rather than different models, because although I do have dozens of kancolle characters I don't use, just my kizuna akari folder has several gigabytes of .blend files and I'm starting to think it's a problem. I think I'm just going to delete all but the recent, and accept that sometimes I'll regret doing so. Edit: or I can just spend the rest of the day making more.

If you're having hiragana and katakana problems, just learn them, it only takes a few days of study.
I only keep the newest version of a model unless I know things were removed from it that the old one had. Usually I try to port that missing data over to the new version and then delete the old. Also everything I download gets backed up onto Blu-Ray when I have enough opened models to warrant filling up the disc and then deleted from my hard drive, so I have hard media backups of all my old versions without having to retain it on my computer and take up space.

Definitely second learning hiragana and katakana. It's very little effort compared to kanji and you'll see them so much working with Japanese models that retention won't be a problem. Also remember that katakana has two types, half-byte and full-byte, and they are not interchangeable. (Same goes for numbers)
Old 08-07-2020, 09:12 AM   #367
icetitan99
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Woah you guys were right! Honestly, the translators were mostly off key, but luckily it really is easy to translate those names to katakana. Thank you guys so much
Old 08-09-2020, 07:51 AM   #368
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,726 Posts

Was browsing around for stuff. Found

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/4217135
Old 08-15-2020, 10:57 PM   #369
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

...in the end I couldn't help myself. I've wanted a model of her for so long and no one ever publicly released one.

Her sidelocks spazz out because there's too many bones for them to just hang down without colliding with something but it's only noticable when she's standing still. Whatever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leontheprofessional.png
Views:	149
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	198015  
Old 08-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #370
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
there's too many bones for them to just hang down without colliding with something but it's only noticable when she's standing still. Whatever.
That is probably the worst condition for physics to act out, as its the most common thing in mmd. However ive seen some freaky hair chains that were stable, bone numbers shouldn't be the cause.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:32 PM   #371
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
That is probably the worst condition for physics to act out, as its the most common thing in mmd. However ive seen some freaky hair chains that were stable, bone numbers shouldn't be the cause.
It would be stable if I set it not to collide with the body but then it would hang straight down instead of down and then forward like it's supposed to. I copied the physics structure of a similar, stable chain but didn't get the same result... but that chain only had three bones in it, these have seven.

Edit: Finished Shika too. She was much quicker to put together than Leon, and no problems with her hair physics. Then again I was half assing Leon for a month working on her in between other things.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	themole.png
Views:	147
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	198016  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 08-18-2020 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:09 PM   #372
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I'm working on Miku and I think I've done her body 1-2% larger than it should be, not taking into account the height added by her boots, which might well be part of the official measurement.

This probably messes up proportions a tiny bit across models, depending on their footwear.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #373
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
I'm working on Miku and I think I've done her body 1-2% larger than it should be, not taking into account the height added by her boots, which might well be part of the official measurement.

This probably messes up proportions a tiny bit across models, depending on their footwear.
1 MMD unit = 8 cm. Miku (Maekawa, whom I assume you refer to)'s official height is 152 cm so assuming her feet bottoms are at 0 the top of her head should go to exactly 19. Of course you have a little wiggle room depending on her hairstyle. If she's wearing heels, measure from the height of the bottom of the back of her feet. (If it's Hatsune you meant, it should be 19.75 as she's 158 cm.)

I've gone back and redone all of my old models from my first set in 2017. All of them have been reverted back to the Kurauchi breast physics, although I also fixed the issue with the Arrowhead physics that was causing the pinch-in when bending over. I've made a ton of other changes but it would be a wall of text to post them all. The most important one though was that I finally got Mikokoro to look the way I wanted her to after five years of trying. All that's left before I update the set is to make a new Ritsuko model with her Theater Days hairstyle because she has to change it every damn game. With Leon and Shika in the set that'll make it an even 80 models.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:21 PM   #374
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

I decided to get back into trying to rig models for MMD. I wanted to go for a model that would feel a bit easier to accomplish than what I was doing before and I put more effort into it and got an almost complete rig in a few days. Aside from some help that the XPS to MMD conversion program and expression.pmx importing cut some of the work that I got out of DA, but I had to do some rather amateur facials with vertex and not bone. There some things I want to ask.

1. Why can't weighting be done in the same area with two different bones? Say you gave a weight to a vertex that's shared in both bones, but only one of those bones will have that weight. This is just something I'm having trouble since the one thing I'm having trouble with in weighting was a tail and one single vertex at the bottom of the hair. I was using another model's reference for how the tail should be weighted, but I noticed how the weight went past its initial extend when I observed the rigid body of it to the next bone and vice versa to the next in chained bone, and that model didn't have that issue.

2. For some reason, while weighting, the editor did a weird mis-position of where I wanted to weight something, and I decided to save what I completed and re-opened the program. I now find that the master bone has been weighted in random places and I don't know how to fix it. I tried using W4 by using a camera bone since I thought that it has zero weight black which would fix it, since zero weight blue would make the problem worse, but it still didn't work. How can I fix this? Or do I have to start over?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	52
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	198029  
Old 09-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #375
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

technically you are painting 2 bones, say you have 2 bones with a vertex value of 50/50, if you paint one 30, the other will automatically turn 70, as vertex will always maintain a sum of 100 weight.

i could never figure out why random weight always went to the master bone, the only fix is painting it in 0. if its a bending part you will probably need to either fix it or redo.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #376
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Weird shit happens with BDEF4, if it isn't done properly it can result in a total value exceeding 100%. One of the options in the ETC plugin will automatically detect and highlight all the vertices in a model that have BDEF4 weighting and another one can highlight ones that have a total value exceeding 100%. One thing that *REALLY* bugs me about BDEF4 weight is that even if you set a vertex manually to BDEF2 and type the weights in for the two bones to add up to 100%, the plugin will still consider the vertex BDEF4 weighted unless you change bones 3 and 4 to bone # -1 and weight 0, or you close and reload the model.

If stuff got weighted to the master bone that shouldn't have been it's usually PMDEditor panicking and throwing weight onto whatever is bone 0 (which is usually the master). You can use the WeightTargetReplace plugin to reassign those vertices to the proper bone, but that only works efficiently if it's all supposed to be on one other bone. If it's multiple other bones you're going to have to do it manually.

But yeah, under BDEF2 conditions whatever you paint will set the remainder to whatever adds up to 100%. That's why it's best to start at the waist with the upper and lower body bones, weight 100% to those in each direction and then work towards the extremities.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:10 AM   #377
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Yea, I just decided to do a redo. Which went way faster than before thanks to learning to be more efficient using things like the circle point range (is that what's called? The circle with the line the middle? Yeah that.) and the blessing of .csv files and Transfer Weights. The manual vertex facials I did previously look more better, but god help me if I want to make a perfect circle mouth. I'll probably pursue learning Blender's interface a bit with these .fbx files I want to try practicing on and fixing yon's Illya's weighting on her underside among other things. I think I'll most likely have qualms with trying to assess weighting while applying joints though, which would be the tail and the hair, but that's about it and I'll be done with the model.

Due to the model itself having four fingers with the cat paws and most of the finger bones do nothing except the middle finger bone which essentially works as a bone that curls all fingers, is it still worth weighting the fingers individually despite that?
Old 09-04-2020, 02:34 AM   #378
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEnigma View Post
Yea, I just decided to do a redo. Which went way faster than before thanks to learning to be more efficient using things like the circle point range (is that what's called? The circle with the line the middle? Yeah that.) and the blessing of .csv files and Transfer Weights. The manual vertex facials I did previously look more better, but god help me if I want to make a perfect circle mouth. I'll probably pursue learning Blender's interface a bit with these .fbx files I want to try practicing on and fixing yon's Illya's weighting on her underside among other things. I think I'll most likely have qualms with trying to assess weighting while applying joints though, which would be the tail and the hair, but that's about it and I'll be done with the model.

Due to the model itself having four fingers with the cat paws and most of the finger bones do nothing except the middle finger bone which essentially works as a bone that curls all fingers, is it still worth weighting the fingers individually despite that?
I'd do it, or at least do the index finger so she can point. You only have to weight one hand, you can use the weight mirroring function to apply it to the other hand's fingers assuming the model is symmetrical.

Well, I finished adding Ritsuko's Theater Days hairstyle. That only leaves her "death flag" braid from Platinum Stars, and I'm not going to try because I don't have any appropriate assets. Anyway, I've finished going through my entire original set from 2017 and updating everything I wanted to. Pictured are only the models that are brand new or have visible changes, but all of them had their breast physics reverted and some had glitches fixed. The only character who didn't have any changes at all was Ryo because he doesn't have breast physics. I did the image originally in 2K but the site wouldn't let me upload it so here's 1080P. Before I replace the upload I'm going to quick go through and redo the bikini textures with the new technique I discovered. I'll do that tonight.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	finalupdate.png
Views:	100
Size:	586.9 KB
ID:	198030  
Old 09-04-2020, 05:43 AM   #379
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

if the mesh allows bending individual paw parts weight them, otherwise you could probably just shove a hand in there.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #380
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

The thumb was already weighted and acts separately from the other fingers. But is there a way for me to divide one finger's weight from the finger bone that's curling them all to that respective finger? That's what I'm trying to do. It doesn't seem that hard to weight them individually, but I just want to be careful.

Upon trying to make some joints, I don't think I saw this happen last time probably because I put in rigid bodies beforehand, but when I want to say, connect the first tail bone to the second with joints using Con Body A and Con Body B, no bone options show up for some reason. Is it a rigid body bone thing?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat