Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 06:10 AM   #41
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Ragnodisea, or anyone who knows how, could someone please make this using this mod as the base?

My original request is here:
http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7034
Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #42
Ragnodisea
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezef B. Adirion
Ragnodisea, or anyone who knows how, could someone please make this using this mod as the base?

My original request is here:
http://neko-sentai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7034
ill do my best ^.~
Old 09-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #43
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Thank you much! I do appreciate it! :D
Old 09-12-2008, 04:32 AM   #44
mithra-lover
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botreie
:is blinded by the headlight tits:
They don't look like headlights to me, and as others said, no need to make rude comments.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #45
Ragnodisea
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Thank you much! I do appreciate it! :D
here it is, if you want less transparency let me know pls
hope you like it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	request_210.jpg
Views:	1323
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	26674  
Attached Files
File Type: rar rom_52_388.rar (161.0 KB, 502 views)
Old 09-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #46
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

AMAZING JOB! :D
Looks great as-is, I would like less transparency though. This looks great as a swimsuit/bodysuit and would look better with less transparency but I'm certain people here would enjoy this version as well.

What I'm actually looking for is only a little bit different than what you have here, though this fits the picture I provided almost perfectly. What I'm after is a nightie or I guess the actual term is a Chemise? it has almost a skirt-like bottom rather than like a swimsuit. Lingerie rather than swimwear.
Here's a few pictures to serve as a reference:

Oddly enough, this one's modeled by Tricia Helfer of Battlestar Galactica fame :D
http://laceillusions.com/lingerie-gi...mise-May08.jpg

This is kinda cool too, but has too many details for my liking, but could give some ideas for other designs maybe?
http://llintimates.com/image/large/B...lk-Chemise.jpg

This has more of the shape I'm looking for, but again, too much frill and details.
http://www.dynastyapparelco.com/prod...70cdfdc8afefc6

Bottom line: If you could combine your Swimsuit mod with the first of the 3 pics I linked above (the Tricia Helfer one), I think you'd have nailed my request squarely on the head! :D

In any case, your work is awesome, and highly, highly appreciated!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tricia_helfer_chemise_may08_129.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	26682   Click image for larger version

Name:	butterfly_silk_chemise_184.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	26683  
Old 09-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #47
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Its kind of hard to do those kinds of mods because you can't really make things semi transparent (aside from things on the texture (skin) itself). You couldn't make the skirt part semi transparent :s
Old 09-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #48
Ragnodisea
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Bottom line: If you could combine your Swimsuit mod with the first of the 3 pics I linked above (the Tricia Helfer one), I think you'd have nailed my request squarely on the head!

Link seems to be broken i cant see that picture
theres an in-game pic for those who want to see it working
:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ingamepic_154.jpg
Views:	1448
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	26681  
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM   #49
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnodisea
Bottom line: If you could combine your Swimsuit mod with the first of the 3 pics I linked above (the Tricia Helfer one), I think you'd have nailed my request squarely on the head!

Link seems to be broken i cant see that picture
Works for me, I'll repost it though.

EDIT: Ok, it's up now, the first one is the one I was referring to.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #50
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69
Its kind of hard to do those kinds of mods because you can't really make things semi transparent (aside from things on the texture (skin) itself). You couldn't make the skirt part semi transparent :s
Agreed, you can't change the opacity of textures (as I understand it), but could you perhaps color the texture to look as though the 'silk' was white, but because there's skin beneath it it appears slightly flesh-toned?
As far as the skirt-bottom goes, where the Chemise would actually separate from the skin and all you'd see is the silk, I understand, it cannot be semi transparent. If the character were backed up against a brick wall, you wouldn't see the color of the brick through the material, because it's not translucent, it could only be colored to look like you can see skin below it.

If you look closely at the pic of Ragnodisea's naked Blu AF, the face veil looks slightly 'transparent' not because you are actually seeing the face through it, but because details of the face have been included in the texture of the veil itself (if I'm understanding .dat file creation correctly?).

If for example, the veil were white instead of black, maybe you'd be seeing slight coloration changes on the surface of the veil where the chin, lips, and nose might all be. It's not that you're actually seeing them, but that the veil's texture has been shaded or colored to give the illusion that you are.

I don't know how to make .dats, so I could be off my rocker here, but does that sound anywhere near correct?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:15 AM   #51
To_Dupre
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ragnodisea I swear I wish I could use all of your mods at the same time.

I do have a question though, on your latest mod the hips there is a slight discolor between the legs and body. Is that supposed to be like that?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #52
Ragnodisea
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by To_Dupre

I do have a question though, on your latest mod the hips there is a slight discolor between the legs and body. Is that supposed to be like that?
ts not suposed to look like that but i cant fix it dont know how to
^.^
Old 09-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #53
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:

^.^
I'm also curious as to why these new mods don't show up in AltanaView. Is there a way to fix that, or is it something we just have to live with?
They do work fine in Model Viewer, but unless I have an old version, my MV doesn't have nearly as many of the motions as AV.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 PM   #54
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

^.^
I'm also curious as to why these new mods don't show up in AltanaView. Is there a way to fix that, or is it something we just have to live with?
They do work fine in Model Viewer, but unless I have an old version, my MV doesn't have nearly as many of the motions as AV.
It has to do with how VRS saves the bigger textures x_X most 'hq' mods won't show up correctly in AltanaView
Old 09-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #55
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Ragnodisea, you'll have to let me know if these pics make any sense to you, my Photoshop skills suck like a Black Hole, but I hope this helps you to see what I'm looking for in the Chemise mod. My picture editing makes them look like they're glowing, but that's not an effect I'm wanting really... Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	remia_chemise_concept_262.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	26705   Click image for larger version

Name:	chemise_mod_concept_196.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	26706  
Old 09-14-2008, 05:19 AM   #56
Jcat
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Ragnodisea, you'll have to let me know if these pics make any sense to you, my Photoshop skills suck like a Black Hole, but I hope this helps you to see what I'm looking for in the Chemise mod. My picture editing makes them look like they're glowing, but that's not an effect I'm wanting really... Hope this helps.
No one knows how to do transparent objects in FFXI. That chemise idea might be impossible to make (infact I'd say it is from what I've continually read). Unless someone knew how to make "effects" like the semi-transparent cure graphic into a physical reactive equipment item... I have no clue how you'd make that. It'd be like metallic body but it would be slight above the character model. Kinda like making angel/butterfly wings into equip but much more customized.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #57
Zoner
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Probably the best you could get is a chemise mod that's specially textured so that the chemise looks transparent but is in fact solid, something similar to what they do on PVC figures like this:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10067871a5_209.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	26714  
Old 09-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #58
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcat
Quote:
No one knows how to do transparent objects in FFXI. That chemise idea might be impossible to make (infact I'd say it is from what I've continually read). Unless someone knew how to make "effects" like the semi-transparent cure graphic into a physical reactive equipment item... I have no clue how you'd make that. It'd be like metallic body but it would be slight above the character model. Kinda like making angel/butterfly wings into equip but much more customized.
As I stated in my above post about "transparency," I am aware that ACTUAL see-through transparency in dat mods is impossible, and that's not what I'm expecting, or even asking for here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoner
Probably the best you could get is a chemise mod that's specially textured so that the chemise looks transparent but is in fact solid, something similar to what they do on PVC figures like this:
THIS is exactly what I am talking about. From the 2 pics above that I photoshopped, the areas where the 'silk' comes away from the skin would not actually be see-through in the finished mod, but would LOOK transparent because of the coloring and texturing.

In Zoner's pic, the area being referred to looks transparent because the modeler painted it to be that way. Obviously a Garage Kit and a .Dat Mod are two totally different things, but the principle is the same. It's just an illusion.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #59
Zoner
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So basically your looking for a "wet t-shirt effect" on a chemise?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #60
Kezef B. Adirion
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoner
So basically your looking for a "wet t-shirt effect" on a chemise?
I never quite thought of it like that, but yes, I suppose that's the easiest way of explaining it. The one major difference to that though is I wouldn't want it to be skin-tight like a wet t-shirt, or naked with tan-lines, but like any piece of armour, clothing, or other gear, it's something that appears to be above or on the skin and drapes over the body like real clothing would.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats