Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Misc Files

Notices

Old 05-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
Tucsoncoyote
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Exclamation Having Problems?: The MMD Troubleshootng thread

Tucsoncoyote here

Well this is interesting we don't have a "Troubleshooting section" so that some of our more expert modelers and motion designers can access the files and help out.. so I guess this thread isin order..

So here we go as I've been having an issue with exporting files that I can import into blender, but the .pmx file doesn't export out.. So this one goes to any of our modelrs who might be able to see what hsi wrong.

So have at this first of hopefully few problems that people will ahve..

Now back to work!

Tucsoncoyote
Attached Files
File Type: rar addons.rar (6.48 MB, 345 views)
Old 09-24-2016, 02:06 AM   #2
Emptyhed
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Yeah .. despite in response to info on You Tube MMD sites I now have two PortableApps, three DivX, and two PeaZip icons on my desktop nothing opens.

When I click and save the download link on this page, all I get is an unintelligible box of seemingly disjointed thumbnails and dead links.

When I go thru the process and save the results, I get the same "Windows Cannot Open This File" message so I need to start the whole process over.
Is there light at the end of the tunnel :)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
YuriLove
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I'm having trouble with having so many models on one scene. After I got the school scene loaded, I was able to upload 15 models before the application crashed. Is there anything I can do to make sure that it doesn't happen again. I would like to be able to upload 20 or even 100 models.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
ʞaos
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I really have no idea if this is something that can be fixed but I have been searching to no avail so I will ask and see if anyone else may know. I have a problem with MMD running very slow on my computer.

If I just have a basic setup (I.E. Model, Motion, Stage and shader) then it works Just fine and MMD runs at a steady 60 FPS. If I have anything more intricate like two or three models and a slew of effects, MMD slows to a crawl. I generally work everything out separate, in stages, and then add everything together just when I am about to render so it's usually not an issue but it's been bothering me for years.

With a full load program starts running under 10 FPS making it hard to work with or watch to see if there are any last minute errors. Now you may read that and think "well that's normal because you have a bunch of stuff running, effects, particals, physics...." I feel like my computer should be able to handle it better. I've been watching the performance monitor while running MMD. Here's the breakdown of what I have going on

For those who know the technicals I have an i7 6700k 4.0 ghz with an EVGA GTX 1070 FE 8 VRAM and 32 gigs of DDR4 with 64 bit WinX OS

The aforementioned "basic setup" with MMD running at 60 FPS has my CPU running at 18 percent and my GPU running 37 percent with 1.1 VRAM out of 8 GB and 4.7 gigs of RAM being used

A more intricate setup with MMD running at 39 FPS has my CPU running at 45 percent and my GPU running 76-82 percent with 1.6 VRAM out of 8.0 GB and 5.6 gigs of RAM being used

A max load setup with MMD running at 8 FPS has my CPU running 25 percent and my GPU running 29-35 percent utilizing 2.2 VRAM out of 8 GB and 5.8 gigs of RAM.

Of course these numbers are windows approximation and don't factor in Idle usage before and after or any changes therein but it's still not even coming anywhere close to utilizing the computers full potential. It's like there's a bottleneck keeping MMD from using everything available to it.

Is there any way to force it to draw more and run smoother or is that just the way MMD is?
Old 01-22-2018, 04:49 AM   #5
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 5,271 Times in 2,669 Posts

What would you consider (so we can consider) a max load setup?

2 models? 4? 16? 100?
effects included and a massive area?
a 6min mmd? 30min? 1 hour?

are you using the 64bit version of MMD? (Help > about )

Have you tried without emulation? Emulating an OS tends to make programs run very bad/crash/etc.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 PM   #6
ʞaos
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Max load in this particular case is 20 physical models, 9 effects and shaders.

10 humanoid, 1 pirate ship, 1 aircraft carrier, 6 fighter jets and 2 whales. (I plan on adding more fauna and humanoids later so that number will rise eventually.)

Three controller modules for running Raycast, Hitrain and iKunderwater along with ExcellentShadow, HgSAO, Motion Blur, Raycast Water, IkRainsplash and a lensflare.

I believe the video is just over 5 minutes long spanning a relatively large area and is still a WIP.

I am using the 64 bit versions of MMD ver9.31 and MME ver0.37 with no OS emulation that I know of.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #7
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Yeah, with all those effects on the models, expect it to slow a bit. The effects cause most of the slowdown.

You may want to try creating the scene without effects first, then later add the effects when its all done.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:05 PM   #8
ʞaos
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Firstly, Thank you for your time and input. I do appreciate the fact that you responded and promptly.

The majority of the time I do piece things together separately and add the effects as I am wrapping up production on a video or creating a test render to see how it feels in the end result and make any necessary changes.

My main quandary was more in the hardware usage rather than the program itself. I know the MMD is creating a lot of taxing draw within the system. I expect that more or less because of how it has to render everything as it's running and can be somewhat remedied by turning off physics calculations.

Perhaps my expectations are set too high when it comes to the program or even my computers performance but the way I see it, MMD as a whole is hardly even using what I would consider a quarter of my PCs computing power in both CPU and GPU. I suppose this is just the way things are... I digress.

Thank you, again, for all your help. I shan't trouble you further on the matter.

Ciao!
Old 01-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #9
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

From doing a test run myself, as far as I can tell... it seems normal.

Although the program is 64 bit, it does not utilize multiple cores well. What it looks like its doing is using 1 core for processing the video at nearly 70-80% for one core, and 1 for audio and 1 for whatever its doing and that's about it.

So anyway, until its optimized for multiple cores better, don't expect it to be super amazing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Misc Files