Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #21
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

This would be fairly simple to do for me and honestly it makes my fingers itch with the wanting. CURSE MY COMPUTER-LESS EXISTENCE!

if I had a penny for every time someone downloaded one of my mods I could buy a high end pc but alas I haven't monetized it yet ._.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #22
Knyte
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Why is your existence computer less?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #23
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyte View Post
Why is your existence computer less?
I got my pc in 2005 and in September all of the exterior ports started failing so I can't use my mouse or connect to the Internet with my usb wifi etc. September was also when I started looking into buying a house so I've not had the disposable income to get a new one. It's.... been a long year. I'm hoping to get things figured out soon, I might find something I can buy on credit since I don't have to worry about keeping my score up for the house anymore.

I'd been hoping to use my earnest money to get one but the bank screwed up my loan (long difficult anger inducing story there) and ended up keeping that plus another 2k out of pocket over less than $100 a month :| like I said, long year!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #24
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilynn View Post
I got my pc in 2005 and in September all of the exterior ports started failing so I can't use my mouse or connect to the Internet with my usb wifi etc. September was also when I started looking into buying a house so I've not had the disposable income to get a new one. It's.... been a long year. I'm hoping to get things figured out soon, I might find something I can buy on credit since I don't have to worry about keeping my score up for the house anymore.

I'd been hoping to use my earnest money to get one but the bank screwed up my loan (long difficult anger inducing story there) and ended up keeping that plus another 2k out of pocket over less than $100 a month :| like I said, long year!
Sounds like a really horrible experience and a pain. I hope things work out and hopefully improve overtime.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #25
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsura View Post
Sounds like a really horrible experience and a pain. I hope things work out and hopefully improve overtime.
I'm pretty sure things will be okay. I'm fairly stable right now, some of the people around me aren't but hey you can't win them all! 2014 has just been a very long, stressful, expensive, busy year.

Just paid my second house payment this week, now that I'm into a consistent budget/bills situation I intend to get a PC sooner rather than later. Part of me wants to wait til Black Friday but I'm thinking I probably won't be QUITE that patient XD

...besides my old pc ran XP and it isn't supported anymore so I'd need a new one. I got a lot more life out of it than most people do, and I'm grateful for that. :)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #26
Knyte
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:

...woof...that sucks =(
Hope things continue to improve.

If it was just USB ports, those were/are easy to replace, but if it was those color-coded connectors, green or purple or whatever...that's a whole other monster known as "motherboard issues".

I had my old Dell PC for about 7 years before the hard drive went completely dead. Made a nice rickety, rusty-metal sound whenever it tried to boot up. Was too much of a novice with PC's to try to replace it, but when you take decent care of stuff its amazing how long it can last.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:17 AM   #27
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Pretty sure it is mobo issues. But considering my cost to usage rate ended up being like $10 a month I'd say it had a decent life. :)

if I get stuff together before you get this resolved I'll make something up for you ;)

But don't hold your breath, I'm notoriously bad at thing-doing.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #28
Knyte
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
But don't hold your breath, I'm notoriously bad at thing-doing.
...Ruh-roh.../turns blue and passes out
Old 08-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #29
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I would have to reinstall FFXI and that just takes way to long D:
Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 AM   #30
Kamilynn
Forum Member

So um. I did a thing. A not difficult or well done thing - hell its the exact texture image he uploaded. Would probably look super harsh in game <.< Also it is moderately different than the conceptualized one but.... it was relatively quick and I mostly remembered how to do things...

I hope no one held their breath, it's been like 4 months.... But yay I can do things sometimes (my biggest issue right now besides no time tho is brain no worky for technical things so modding is probably not going to be well stomached for a bit yet, so don't get too excited)!

Old 12-06-2014, 06:24 AM   #31
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Altered the shaping just a touch, was still a little too "cat" and not enough "fox" I think. But I'm out of time for the night, so here ya go, one hour and forty minutes (in between laundry and preparing food and other etc) worth of me poking at shit. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	201412060521197.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	153207  
Old 12-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #32
Knyte
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Bloody hell...only a hour and 40 minutes? Lol from my perspective, that's like saying it only took the hindenburg 40 seconds to burn up.

Nice work!
Old 12-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #33
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

hmmm, that kenpogi looks very familiar
Old 12-06-2014, 11:48 PM   #34
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusionalbastard View Post
hmmm, that kenpogi looks very familiar
Probably cause reasons. I apparently missed copying my folder of dat mods and the mask was super dark compared to most everything else so I nabbed that off neko real quick ;)

(it's really quite a hack job but it was nice to do something "pointless" and quick. Makes me feel a little more like ME instead of just a machine who works and works and has no life... 130 hour payperiod gogo....)

If anyone would actually like me to upload it to see how terribad it looks in game, I can certainly do so. Again it's kinda dramatic cause there is no shading so I have no idea how bad it would look. But some people might like that I guess!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner