Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 04-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Kawar
Forum Member

Default Can anyone do this

I have been looking around online for the last week or so for someone to update the references on the old ModelViewer program. I was wondering can anyone here do that then give me an updated ModelViewer with the references please.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

What references do you mean? Theres a few copies of ModelViewer on Neko, but I think the most recent version is found either on ffxiah.com's forums, or bgwiki's.

References as in credit to ppl who contributed? some of that is saved in the txt files by race/slot. The true list is infinitum ^^
Old 04-29-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxiAhleah View Post
What references do you mean? Theres a few copies of ModelViewer on Neko, but I think the most recent version is found either on ffxiah.com's forums, or bgwiki's.

References as in credit to ppl who contributed? some of that is saved in the txt files by race/slot. The true list is infinitum ^^
all i can say is check the topic on ah.com in the tech support that is all i know about why i am asking this.

i cant post links yet or i would. also how do i set thee MV to point to a 64 bit OS of windows vista.

Last edited by Kawar; 04-29-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Oh haha, now I remember, its AltanaViewer that ppl keep up with. Not ModelViewer.

Hmm.....someone had a little exe program that would merge AV lists into MV for use, if you can find that again, would help.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #5
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Oh haha, now I remember, its AltanaViewer that ppl keep up with. Not ModelViewer.

Hmm.....someone had a little exe program that would merge AV lists into MV for use, if you can find that again, would help.
Are you able to update the MV for me please? or can someone reading this do it please and give me the download link to the updated one please.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:

There is literally very small/minor differences between the two files. Both can be opened/edited/saved in notepad. The list on the left is Altanaview and is set up as (Folder)/(Dat#),(Name of Dat) and the one on the right is Modelviewer which is set up as (Folder)-(Dat#),(Name of Dat). Making an AV list compatible with MV is as simple as opening it in notepad, doing a replace all and replacing / with - then savings it as the appropriate file name.

Its finding all the dats and distinguishing which race/gender they go to that is time consuming =3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lists.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	160438  
The Following User Says Thank You to Alikona69 For This Useful Post:
ffxiAhleah (05-06-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #7
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
There is literally very small/minor differences between the two files. Both can be opened/edited/saved in notepad. The list on the left is Altanaview and is set up as (Folder)/(Dat#),(Name of Dat) and the one on the right is Modelviewer which is set up as (Folder)-(Dat#),(Name of Dat). Making an AV list compatible with MV is as simple as opening it in notepad, doing a replace all and replacing / with - then savings it as the appropriate file name.

Its finding all the dats and distinguishing which race/gender they go to that is time consuming =3
I have no clue about the program you are talking about maybe you can find it. I am new to even touching game files just to look at them and see what they link with.

but can this be done by you do you think
Old 05-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #8
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
I have no clue about the program you are talking about maybe you can find it. I am new to even touching game files just to look at them and see what they link with.

but can this be done by you do you think
If you ask for help, I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction.

The above mentioned program is Altana Viewer, *****IF**** this one I found, or another version of AV is available and contains the desired armor lists for current gear, then you can simply piggyback all of the work done in that program, copying it over into ModelViewer to get what your looking for. Heck, AV might even offer enough for whatever it is you needed to use it for anyways.

If, however, AV is not up to date either, and armors are missing, then the process is a long and tedious process of testing each file one by one, and figuring out which race/sex/slot the piece belongs to.

If, at this step your simply asking for someone to update it for you, sorry, I have no motivation to do that for you. I've done it 2-3x already, using a few hours each time usually, and I no longer play or keep up with FFXI or dat modding.

Last edited by ffxiAhleah; 05-03-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: (End Loop, End Loop, End Loop, End Loop. Programmer joke...^.~)
Old 05-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
If you ask for help, I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction.

The above mentioned program is Altana Viewer, *****IF**** this one I found, or another version of AV is available and contains the desired armor lists for current gear, then you can simply piggyback all of the work done in that program, copying it over into ModelViewer to get what your looking for. Heck, AV might even offer enough for whatever it is you needed to use it for anyways.

If, however, AV is not up to date either, and armors are missing, then the process is a long and tedious process of testing each file one by one, and figuring out which race/sex/slot the piece belongs to.

If, at this step your simply asking for someone to update it for you, sorry, I have no motivation to do that for you. I've done it 2-3x already, using a few hours each time usually, and I no longer play or keep up with FFXI or dat modding.
Can i ask how i get the list open so i can copy what AV as so the MV as that at the most. also my MV points to the wrong place now do i get it to point to the right game files.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:50 PM   #10
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Quote:
Can i ask how i get the list open
Quote:
AltanaViewer can be opened/edited/saved in notepad.
You'll just have to find the appropriate file, somewhere along lines of >>> C:/Program Files/Altana Viewer/List/PC/ ElvaanM.csv

Quote:
so i can copy what AV as so the MV as that at the most.
Alikona just provided a pretty awesome picture-aided idea of what to do, a few posts up, or just click HERE!!

Quote:
also my MV points to the wrong place now do i get it to point to the right game files.
I've attached a pair of pictures to illustrate, but Click on File on Top Left Menu, scroll down to 3rd option, Original Dat Path, selecting that will open a dialog box for you to input the location of your FFXI folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guide1.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	160490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Guide2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	160491  
Old 05-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #11
Kawar
Forum Member

it is not letting me find my ffxi folder am i doing something wrong?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
it is not letting me find my ffxi folder am i doing something wrong?
Pretty much. What you need to do is manually go to My Computer and navigate to your FFXI folder. Then you need to write down the location like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\

I don't mean to be rude but from your posts... I would HIGHLY recommend you stop delving into stuff like this. You are very clearly struggling with the simplest of things. You could potentially really mess up your computer playing with files when you don't know what you are doing. All it takes is for you to accidently delete/change one wrong dat file and your game will become unresponsive, then you are looking at a reinstall.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:22 PM   #13
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Pretty much. What you need to do is manually go to My Computer and navigate to your FFXI folder. Then you need to write down the location like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\

I don't mean to be rude but from your posts... I would HIGHLY recommend you stop delving into stuff like this. You are very clearly struggling with the simplest of things. You could potentially really mess up your computer playing with files when you don't know what you are doing. All it takes is for you to accidently delete/change one wrong dat file and your game will become unresponsive, then you are looking at a reinstall.
You do not need to worry about me messing up the dats if i do i do a file check or i delete the rom folder and replace it with a back up of that folder i have. Thank you i will post if i need more help.

it keeps saying in side the program my rom folder cant be found. can you give me a hand with this i know the rom folder is there. I am going to replace it with my back up and we will see what happens.

if you get back to me before that give me any tips you got please
Old 05-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #14
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

So confused, you've got a backup of your ROM folder, but you don't know where your ROM folder is? How'd you get the backup?

Basically, in order to modify dats, you need to know where they are on your computer. When you installed Final Fantasy XI, you had the option to install it via the default setting, or pick your own location. If you were not the person to install the game, then perhaps a search operation of your C:/ drive will locate the folders & files.

Honestly, as Alikona mentioned, if finding folders on your computer is above your technical skill level, then you really really shouldn't be attempting dat mods. The lack of ability to navigate your own computer files is a glaring issue that tells us your more than likely not ready to perform the operations your looking to try.

Its like a mechanic telling you he has no idea how to find your engine, but go ahead and hand him your keys and hes about to tear it out, and rebuild a new one for you.

With that said, once you find the Final Fantasy XI folder, you'll need to copy its directory location and input that into the programs menu for your dat location.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #15
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Perhaps it would help if you copy/pasted here exactly what you are trying to put in as your game path so we can see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner