Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #61
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfang View Post
I've downloaded the mod man and can't seem to locate the .jar file to run the set up I find the config.ini and then un zip the other files (inc creating a new FMM folder to put lists and other stuff in) can anyone please help.
If you downloaded the rar that ffxiAhleah provided above you don't have to do all that setup stuff. Just change your ffxi path in the ini. You also have your computer updated, make sure you have the latest Java installed. the .jar file is the FMM 1.3.4 file (maybe you aren't seeing the extensions?)
Old 05-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #62
Shadowfang
Forum Member

Ahh I've made sure Java is the latest but I dont have model viewer >< (can anyone leave a rar on here or link :( )

Other than that everything else seems to be ok I found .set files and few other stuff but still unsure what is missing ><
Old 05-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #63
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
You should be able to go to your FINAL FANTASY XI folder, right click on your ROM folder (probably just the original ROM folder unless you are swapping NPCs/Mobs) and click Properties, at the bottom you will see Attributes, click on the box next to Read Only if it is checked. It will ask you if you want to apply this to all the sub files/folders, hit yes/ok. It will take awhile for it to process them all but it should fix your problem.
Yeah I have done this its set to read only yet I still have the same issue. It won't let me install any sort of mod nor rewrite the original dat.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #64
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsura View Post
Yeah I have done this its set to read only yet I still have the same issue. It won't let me install any sort of mod nor rewrite the original dat.
Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. You do NOT want a filled in box next to read only.

If that doesn't work another thing you can do is click the Security tab, hit edit and then click on Users. Once that is up you can click on Full Control and it should change the settings for all the files in that folder.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #65
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. You do NOT want a filled in box next to read only.

If that doesn't work another thing you can do is click the Security tab, hit edit and then click on Users. Once that is up you can click on Full Control and it should change the settings for all the files in that folder.
Ah, its been uncheck didn't work. Switch the secruity to full control and still same issue D: I never had this issue before, is it because I am on window 8.1 or 10? (Tried with a different computer)
Old 05-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #66
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Ah, its been uncheck didn't work. Switch the secruity to full control and still same issue D: I never had this issue before, is it because I am on window 8.1 or 10? (Tried with a different computer)

Really odd =3 I am not sure tbh. Have you tried running as admin or temperature turning off your antivirus?
Old 05-17-2015, 03:47 AM   #67
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Really odd =3 I am not sure tbh. Have you tried running as admin or temperature turning off your antivirus?
I have, atleast the program itself I can't really run in admin but I tried everything else. Even tried reinstall the program a few times. D:
Old 05-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #68
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
I have, atleast the program itself I can't really run in admin but I tried everything else. Even tried reinstall the program a few times. D:

Lol wow I just noticed my autocorrect fail xD temporarily* stupid iPhones.

My only other suggestion is to try getting ahold of Korith :/
Old 05-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #69
Kyuna
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I think you really need to run it as an administrator to get it to work as later versions of windows won't let you modify anything in the program files without it. A bit of googling shows running a java program as an admin is quite as simple as a regular program. http://www.blog.rahulprasad.com/how-...or-in-windows/ Alternatively you could try disabling UAC but i don't recommend doing that.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:25 PM   #70
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuna View Post
I think you really need to run it as an administrator to get it to work as later versions of windows won't let you modify anything in the program files without it. A bit of googling shows running a java program as an admin is quite as simple as a regular program. http://www.blog.rahulprasad.com/how-...or-in-windows/ Alternatively you could try disabling UAC but i don't recommend doing that.

I think I put it in correctly as the link stated. Still same issue. Tried disabling UAC for a moment to see if it would work. Still didn't work. I pretty much give up
Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #71
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Compatibility mode, maybe?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:31 PM   #72
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
I think I put it in correctly as the link stated. Still same issue. Tried disabling UAC for a moment to see if it would work. Still didn't work. I pretty much give up
What are you using to open the files? for me Winzip worked fine and it took like 10mins to get set up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner