Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 02:17 AM   #1
Momo_TLe
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Can't Get FFXI Model Viewer To Work...

I need some quick help with FFXI Model Viewer. Most all of the links I've found about modding are dead... ever since FFXI Dats died out several years ago.

My problem is merely getting FFXI Model Viewer to work. I've downloaded the Sep. 2010 version from KillingIfrit. When I open the program, no image shows up whenever I select anything... I know I'm forgetting something fundamental, but can't seem to remember what it is. The screen just stays blue. Is there some setting that I have to change to make it work?

I haven't modded a dat in over 3 years and am very rusty lol. I'm hoping that I still remember how to retexture at the very least.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

Likely it is looking in the wrong location for the files. It will automatically assume the ROM folder is located @ C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ so obviously if you've installed it elsewhere, through Steam, or play on Windows 7 where it has nifty other things in the file path, this will not work. You can change the setting to the correct one by opening MV, and doing File > Final Fantasy Folder (alt+f>f works if you like using the keyboard).

If that isn't it, I don't know what to tell you. But generally that is the problem ^^

Oh, also don't forget the closing \ on the filepath as it will not work correctly without it. Silly computers and their needing to know things in their own language!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamilynn For This Useful Post:
ffxiAhleah (03-04-2011), Momo_TLe (03-04-2011)
Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 AM   #3
Momo_TLe
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Yup, that was it lol XD I knew it was something stupid like that. Thanks for the help! Now I just have to search through my brain to relearn how to mod...
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
KazokuD
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default FFXI BSOD

I have a model viewer screen of death when I launch ffxi. I can't press accept because I don't see anything. On the above you mention to open MV . But what MV is? How do I find it and how do I change the path?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazokuD View Post
I have a model viewer screen of death when I launch ffxi. I can't press accept because I don't see anything. On the above you mention to open MV . But what MV is? How do I find it and how do I change the path?
Quite the necro post, that aside; MV is ModelViewer. It's a third-party application that is used to view the .DAT files outside of the game. It's not required, nor part of FFXI itself.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
KazokuD
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Blue Screen Of Death

When I launch FFXI Blue Screen Of Death Appears. How do I fix this? It's not pc's blue screen of death. It is the games blue screen of death.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

This sounds like an FFXI issue and not a modelviewer issue. Hard to say whats going on without more info, but perhaps your video card drivers are either outdated or not supporting FFXI's graphics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner