Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #1
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

Default Anything good going on?!

13 months after losing my 8 year old desktop computer to the inevitable failure of mobo, I have been working way too much and decided, in a fit of "fuck you guys I've had 5 days off in 6 weeks and that's 10-14 hour days" I decided to be "irresponsible" and "shallow" and have purchased this!

http://us.msi.com/product/nb/GT70-Do...#hero-overview

(i'm not too irresponsible though because thanks to an awesome credit score and that horrible, yet delicious, overtime I've been subjected to, financing is interest free and less than $80 a month to pay it off in the contract term, so TOTALLY doable)

It is beautiful. I think I'm in love <3

I have the capability to tether to my smartphone and so be online at work, when I'm able, and considering how long my shifts are and how I work overnights (and my facility is nearly empty so my actual supervisory duties are quite low in comparison) I'm looking forward to having some serious chunks of time to immerse myself in some projects in the coming months.

Obviously, being phone-only internet for over a year has cut deeply into my ffxi/general internet exposure, so I was wondering, before I just jump in (and possibly overwhelm myself) is there anything fun or pretty that's new and worth poking at?!

(Yes I know I never managed to finish that Swordmaiden face mod but tomorrow I'm planning on downloading everything from the old pc, if it behaves, so that will be back on the table)

I'm super excited but I know I need to not drown in the awesomeness that is internet connectivity, so any suggestions would be wonderful! Also at some point I intend to look through my posts from this last year to see if there were any requests I eyeballed that still need to be completed.

Thanks for any info, and OMG GUISE IT'S SO NICE TO BE ONLINE AGAIN

ALSO MY KEYBOARD IS RAINBOWS
Old 11-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #2
Knyte
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Was gonna make a new topic but...since you asked >.>;

You have any experience with motion editing by any chance?
Wanted to make a spear used in 1 hand, but have it sheathed, drawn, and held on the back instead of on the hip (think great sword animation). Got the spear done. All that's left is to change its idle/drawing motions and...well my head started leaking following Nomidos' guide right around the point where you have to enter the "motion number read". So...yeah, any hints for wittle old me?

/slips on the leaked brain goo on the floor...breaks a lamp
Old 11-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

I have incredibly little experience motion modding and the vast majority of that was trying to fix my own mistakes... I'd love to help but I'm pretty sure I'd be more of a hindrance!

Meanwhile, hoping December will be a less stressful month. But considering that the schedule hasn't come out at work yet, and it's only a few days away... doesn't bode well...
Old 11-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Knyte
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

/comfort

Heh, if you actually got the motion to load and run in VRS, then as far as I'm concerned you are light years ahead of me. I'm stuck at the spot where you have to enter the motion number after selecting the motion dat. I don't really want to have to play guess the number combination 5 gajillion times lol.
That said, I don't think there as many (or none from the very little there was) around these days with full motion editing knowledge. Eh, maybe I'll play around with it more this next month.

Though, December is prolly gonna be my final month in FFXI; I want to complete the SoA storyline. After that, unless SE releases some huge story line with a decent plot (the end of SoA feels so rushed! ><), I'm retiring. All the other horse-hockey that qualifies as "end game" just feels...well, fucking stupid.
It seems as though SE is so dry on ideas that anyone that comes into a creative meeting will get their idea put into an update, no matter how dumb it maybe. And a monthly update at that; seriously? I mean, c'mon, if a non-episodic game like FFXI starts to release new content every month...I think that's a sign of trouble.
/cough /cough...sorry
/rant off
Old 11-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Kamilynn
Forum Member

I haven't played ffxi in ages. I think the last time i played, a friend paid for a month access for me right after the 85 cap came out and i only was on it enough to get one of my jobs to 85.

I kinda miss it, and honestly I wouldn't be where I am in my life if it wasn't for ffxi, so it's got a dear place in my heart, but I have a lot going on in life that makes it difficult to dedicate time to... well... basically anything.

I have been told that, now that I have a computer capable, I am required to play League of Legends with the boy, and rumor has it there is a modding community there that is a bit more active these days, so maybe I'll find something to fill my time once I have it...

Kinda not sure, there's SO MANY more people doing that, I might miss my being a Big Deal Modder like I am (or so I can pretend) here for ffxi.

Anyway. If anyone wants to chat, feel free to hit me up - I'm often able to run skype when I'm at work overnight and I would love to have some human interaction, might help me get excited about mods again. Or excited about anything. Working overnights in a residential facility, and most of the days in the month to boot, means that about 95% of my time is spent in the company of myself and no one else, and that can be just as mind numbing as the lack of free time. Sometimes I feel like I can go a whole week saying less than 20 words to an actual human being (though I do talk to my dogs, that kinda counts).

See? No problems with rants :p
Old 11-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #6
Kyuna
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

While i'm not entirely sure this will work, it might be easier to convert your spear into a great sword and when you swap the dat for the spear it will use the great sword animations for the spear although i think ws might not work.

As for playing ffxi I like playing on the private servers in that you can play around with dats without paying for the game. Although the servers have low populations and are buggy.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:40 PM   #7
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

ffxi was a big part in my life as well but the game just isn't the same as it use to be and mod makers for it are even more rare then it use to be from what I can see

now i'm into ffxiv and its a lot of fun, the mod community looks like it is getting a start going on cracking the se system for it but time will tell

the xiv has a lot of things like the xi but a lot of things are different as well

took a little getting use to the changes but once you get use to some of them its a very pretty and fun game
Old 12-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #8
Kamilynn
Forum Member

I played the ffxiv beta ages and ages ago, and while I understand it is a different game now, I couldn't handle it because it made me motion sick (the nicest thing about ffxi's nigh archaic camera controls is I could micromanage them and not get motion sick - you should see the lovely color I turn when I try to play an FPS, and Borderlands music still makes me nauseous due to my boyfriend playing it a lot when we first moved in together) so I don't think I could get into it :/

Meanwhile, I "only" have to work 22 days in December before Christmas. And they're "only occasionally" gonna be the 15 hours like I pulled today... they swear I'll be back to my "normal" 10.5 hour shift soon enough... So... yeah...

It could be worse, at least I don't work retail.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

they added legacy camera controls and more adjustments for the camera

I didn't like the new camera workings but you can adjust it to the older camera system
Old 12-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #10
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusionalbastard View Post
they added legacy camera controls and more adjustments for the camera

I didn't like the new camera workings but you can adjust it to the older camera system
Well then! Maybe once my life is slow enough that I actually have "free" time I might check it out. Maybe.

I keep saying if I'm going to sign up for something with a monthly fee it'll be for the gym but I certainly haven't had the time to devote to that either :|
Old 12-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #11
foryth
Forum Member

Catch a Steam sale of ffxiv and try it for a month, personally my biggest issue was lack of xi's "Compact keyboard" setting, but Ive managed to keybind close to that in xiv.

The legacy camera is probably what youre looking for if I had to guess, its definitely worth giving a try now -.o (also played 1.0 and swore it off till it was redone)

also wb

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner