Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #41
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Yeah its built to read in the lists off ModelViewer, and its pretty easy to import any changes made to MV's armor lists into the Mod Manager. Thats not the problem though, currently, this program only allows handling of armor files, and doesnt work for any WS/Idle/Motion/Animation dats. I guess I'd need to learn Java to be able to mess with it any
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #42
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

that or bug korith the maker of the program
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #43
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxiAhleah View Post
Sorry to necro bump this, but im curious, what would it take to add the motion/animation dats for the respective races to this program? It currently only handles armor dats, but that is still a wonderful thing ^^ <3
I'm honestly not sure. I haven't looked at the source code for this in years. I probably have it tucked away somewhere though.

As an interim fix you can use the swap sets feature though. Personally, I just made a swap set and manually selected the animation files and modded ones. It will install/uninstall them just fine as part of a set, even though it wont display them in the main browser.

There weren't any animation file lists when I originally made this, which is why it doesn't have a section for displaying them.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #44
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Hmm, I wasn't aware I could set dats I had manually installed as part of the swap sets. If thats the case, then that would work just fine! :)

Also, thanks for the prompt reply Korith!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #45
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Does anyone have a copy of this? My computer has imploded once again (bad GPU/MB on my laptop and I'm not paying $700 to fix it) and I can no longer find a working download link. I have a few mod requests and this program made it so much easier/faster to swap mods in and out while keeping the original files.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #46
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Wierd that Korith's site isn't working for ya, but here's Korith's Mod Manager version 1.3.4. Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: rar FMM 1.3.4.rar (4.73 MB, 64 views)
Old 01-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #47
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Wierd that Korith's site isn't working for ya, but here's Korith's Mod Manager version 1.3.4. Hope this helps!
Thank you, Ahleah. Does his website work for you? When I try to use the links in his sig my browser times out after about 5mins of trying to load it.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #48
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Your right, it's down apparently, is timing out on my browser also. I still have some things saved though if you were seeking more. Either way glad I helped.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #49
Kawar
Forum Member

can someone give me a real download link to a site like mega or something and not one of the ones that look as shady as what is on this site all ready please the most updated program please.

i downloaded the one i found but can someone explain to me what the set up note means by put the list and jar. i found the jar but there is more then 1 list so i am lost and how do i know it is set up?

btw i do not mod but i wanted to play with this program and see what it dose.

Last edited by Kawar; 04-29-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:36 AM   #50
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
can someone give me a real download link to a site like mega or something and not one of the ones that look as shady as what is on this site all ready please the most updated program please.

i downloaded the one i found but can someone explain to me what the set up note means by put the list and jar. i found the jar but there is more then 1 list so i am lost and how do i know it is set up?

btw i do not mod but i wanted to play with this program and see what it dose.

Lol. You aren't going to find many links to download things off of file sharing sites on this forum. I find random links to megashare a hell of a lot shadier.

As for how to get this to work, the file Ahleah provided was a rar of her folder for the program. You need to delete the .ini file and then run the FMM 1.3.4.jar file. You should be able to select your install path.

Last edited by Alikona69; 04-30-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #51
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
Lol. You aren't going to find many links to download things off of file sharing sites on this forum. I find random links to megashare a hell of a lot shadier.

As for how to get this to work, the file Ahleah provided was a rar of her folder for the program. You need to delete the .ini file and then run the FMM 1.3.4.jar file. You should be able to select your install path.
ok i got it working and set to the right file path. Can i ask you how to use this and what can it do?
Old 04-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #52
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

This program allows you to install/uninstall mods in a very easy/organized way.

To install a mod, I would first suggest saving your modded .dat file in a folder where this program is located. I save all my modded .dats in a folder called Mods.

Next you open the program and select the race that your mod is for, then you select what type of mod it is. For example you want to install a Mithra face dat to replace face F7A. You would select Mithra and then Face, you should see a list on the right side... Select F7A and a window should pop up that lets you browse for your modded dat.

That's basically it... Once you open that dat in the browser the program will load the dat you choose while backing up the original. If you remove the modded file from your list the program will restore the original.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #53
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
This program allows you to install/uninstall mods in a very easy/organized way.

To install a mod, I would first suggest saving your modded .dat file in a folder where this program is located. I save all my modded .dats in a folder called Mods.

Next you open the program and select the race that your mod is for, then you select what type of mod it is. For example you want to install a Mithra face dat to replace face F7A. You would select Mithra and then Face, you should see a list on the right side... Select F7A and a window should pop up that lets you browse for your modded dat.

That's basically it... Once you open that dat in the browser the program will load the dat you choose while backing up the original. If you remove the modded file from your list the program will restore the original.
can you give me the for dummys how to use this to change things. I found something with this open that says windower dat what dose that mean?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #54
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
can you give me the for dummys how to use this to change things. I found something with this open that says windower dat what dose that mean?
Ummm I'm not sure how much simpler I can explain it o.O''

You download mods, you select your Race, you select your Slot, you find the dat you want to replace in the list, you click Add Mod, you browse for the mod you downloaded, it magically replaces the files for you. If you decide you don't want that mod you select it and click remove mod. O.o'

I have no idea what windower dat is that you are talking about.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #55
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Ummm I'm not sure how much simpler I can explain it o.O''

You download mods, you select your Race, you select your Slot, you find the dat you want to replace in the list, you click Add Mod, you browse for the mod you downloaded, it magically replaces the files for you. If you decide you don't want that mod you select it and click remove mod. O.o'

I have no idea what windower dat is that you are talking about.
something is wrong with the program when i say install list it says an error or something. what do i do?

Last edited by Kawar; 05-01-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:48 AM   #56
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Theres step by step guides and even videos of using ModelViewer still out there if you look. Not sure if the Goblin Tailor tutorials are still in existence, but I remember them requiring you to make an account to view them (free account).

All ModelViewer offers that AltanaViewer doesn't, was a built-in method of unpacking and repacking .dats for modding purposes. If your not really modding, simply use Altana Viewer instead.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #57
Kawar
Forum Member

Quote:
Theres step by step guides and even videos of using ModelViewer still out there if you look. Not sure if the Goblin Tailor tutorials are still in existence, but I remember them requiring you to make an account to view them (free account).

All ModelViewer offers that AltanaViewer doesn't, was a built-in method of unpacking and repacking .dats for modding purposes. If your not really modding, simply use Altana Viewer instead.
I do not want to use MV but i do need a 100% updated MV program. I just wanted to know what i am doing wrong with FMM.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:20 AM   #58
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

If anyone still happens to know somehow I tried to use Mod Manager again, never had issues with it in the past. However, I keep getting failure messages saying it could not rewrite the original? Is this because of a permission issue?
Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #59
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsura View Post
If anyone still happens to know somehow I tried to use Mod Manager again, never had issues with it in the past. However, I keep getting failure messages saying it could not rewrite the original? Is this because of a permission issue?

You should be able to go to your FINAL FANTASY XI folder, right click on your ROM folder (probably just the original ROM folder unless you are swapping NPCs/Mobs) and click Properties, at the bottom you will see Attributes, click on the box next to Read Only if it is checked. It will ask you if you want to apply this to all the sub files/folders, hit yes/ok. It will take awhile for it to process them all but it should fix your problem.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #60
Shadowfang
Forum Member

I've downloaded the mod man and can't seem to locate the .jar file to run the set up I find the config.ini and then un zip the other files (inc creating a new FMM folder to put lists and other stuff in) can anyone please help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner