Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #41
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 977
Thanked 365 Times in 151 Posts

Default

Yeah its built to read in the lists off ModelViewer, and its pretty easy to import any changes made to MV's armor lists into the Mod Manager. Thats not the problem though, currently, this program only allows handling of armor files, and doesnt work for any WS/Idle/Motion/Animation dats. I guess I'd need to learn Java to be able to mess with it any
ffxiAhleah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #42
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Broadkill Beach, DE
Posts: 938
Thanks: 43
Thanked 97 Times in 55 Posts

Default

that or bug korith the maker of the program
delusionalbastard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #43
Korith
Too cool for Kamilynn
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 242
Thanks: 4
Thanked 136 Times in 50 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxiAhleah View Post
Sorry to necro bump this, but im curious, what would it take to add the motion/animation dats for the respective races to this program? It currently only handles armor dats, but that is still a wonderful thing ^^ <3
I'm honestly not sure. I haven't looked at the source code for this in years. I probably have it tucked away somewhere though.

As an interim fix you can use the swap sets feature though. Personally, I just made a swap set and manually selected the animation files and modded ones. It will install/uninstall them just fine as part of a set, even though it wont display them in the main browser.

There weren't any animation file lists when I originally made this, which is why it doesn't have a section for displaying them.
Korith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #44
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 977
Thanked 365 Times in 151 Posts

Default

Hmm, I wasn't aware I could set dats I had manually installed as part of the swap sets. If thats the case, then that would work just fine! :)

Also, thanks for the prompt reply Korith!
ffxiAhleah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #45
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 989
Thanks: 23
Thanked 366 Times in 142 Posts

Default

Does anyone have a copy of this? My computer has imploded once again (bad GPU/MB on my laptop and I'm not paying $700 to fix it) and I can no longer find a working download link. I have a few mod requests and this program made it so much easier/faster to swap mods in and out while keeping the original files.
Alikona69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #46
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 977
Thanked 365 Times in 151 Posts

Default

Wierd that Korith's site isn't working for ya, but here's Korith's Mod Manager version 1.3.4. Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: rar FMM 1.3.4.rar (4.73 MB, 64 views)
ffxiAhleah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #47
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 989
Thanks: 23
Thanked 366 Times in 142 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxiAhleah View Post
Wierd that Korith's site isn't working for ya, but here's Korith's Mod Manager version 1.3.4. Hope this helps!
Thank you, Ahleah. Does his website work for you? When I try to use the links in his sig my browser times out after about 5mins of trying to load it.
Alikona69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #48
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 977
Thanked 365 Times in 151 Posts

Default

Your right, it's down apparently, is timing out on my browser also. I still have some things saved though if you were seeking more. Either way glad I helped.
ffxiAhleah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #49
Kawar
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

can someone give me a real download link to a site like mega or something and not one of the ones that look as shady as what is on this site all ready please the most updated program please.

i downloaded the one i found but can someone explain to me what the set up note means by put the list and jar. i found the jar but there is more then 1 list so i am lost and how do i know it is set up?

btw i do not mod but i wanted to play with this program and see what it dose.

Last edited by Kawar; 04-29-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Kawar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:36 AM   #50
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 989
Thanks: 23
Thanked 366 Times in 142 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
can someone give me a real download link to a site like mega or something and not one of the ones that look as shady as what is on this site all ready please the most updated program please.

i downloaded the one i found but can someone explain to me what the set up note means by put the list and jar. i found the jar but there is more then 1 list so i am lost and how do i know it is set up?

btw i do not mod but i wanted to play with this program and see what it dose.


Lol. You aren't going to find many links to download things off of file sharing sites on this forum. I find random links to megashare a hell of a lot shadier.

As for how to get this to work, the file Ahleah provided was a rar of her folder for the program. You need to delete the .ini file and then run the FMM 1.3.4.jar file. You should be able to select your install path.

Last edited by Alikona69; 04-30-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Alikona69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #51
Kawar
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
Lol. You aren't going to find many links to download things off of file sharing sites on this forum. I find random links to megashare a hell of a lot shadier.

As for how to get this to work, the file Ahleah provided was a rar of her folder for the program. You need to delete the .ini file and then run the FMM 1.3.4.jar file. You should be able to select your install path.
ok i got it working and set to the right file path. Can i ask you how to use this and what can it do?
Kawar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #52
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 989
Thanks: 23
Thanked 366 Times in 142 Posts

Default

This program allows you to install/uninstall mods in a very easy/organized way.

To install a mod, I would first suggest saving your modded .dat file in a folder where this program is located. I save all my modded .dats in a folder called Mods.

Next you open the program and select the race that your mod is for, then you select what type of mod it is. For example you want to install a Mithra face dat to replace face F7A. You would select Mithra and then Face, you should see a list on the right side... Select F7A and a window should pop up that lets you browse for your modded dat.

That's basically it... Once you open that dat in the browser the program will load the dat you choose while backing up the original. If you remove the modded file from your list the program will restore the original.
Alikona69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:27 PM   #53
Kawar
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
This program allows you to install/uninstall mods in a very easy/organized way.

To install a mod, I would first suggest saving your modded .dat file in a folder where this program is located. I save all my modded .dats in a folder called Mods.

Next you open the program and select the race that your mod is for, then you select what type of mod it is. For example you want to install a Mithra face dat to replace face F7A. You would select Mithra and then Face, you should see a list on the right side... Select F7A and a window should pop up that lets you browse for your modded dat.

That's basically it... Once you open that dat in the browser the program will load the dat you choose while backing up the original. If you remove the modded file from your list the program will restore the original.
can you give me the for dummys how to use this to change things. I found something with this open that says windower dat what dose that mean?
Kawar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:55 AM   #54
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 989
Thanks: 23
Thanked 366 Times in 142 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
can you give me the for dummys how to use this to change things. I found something with this open that says windower dat what dose that mean?
Ummm I'm not sure how much simpler I can explain it o.O''

You download mods, you select your Race, you select your Slot, you find the dat you want to replace in the list, you click Add Mod, you browse for the mod you downloaded, it magically replaces the files for you. If you decide you don't want that mod you select it and click remove mod. O.o'

I have no idea what windower dat is that you are talking about.
Alikona69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #55
Kawar
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69 View Post
Ummm I'm not sure how much simpler I can explain it o.O''

You download mods, you select your Race, you select your Slot, you find the dat you want to replace in the list, you click Add Mod, you browse for the mod you downloaded, it magically replaces the files for you. If you decide you don't want that mod you select it and click remove mod. O.o'

I have no idea what windower dat is that you are talking about.
something is wrong with the program when i say install list it says an error or something. what do i do?

Last edited by Kawar; 05-01-2015 at 10:39 PM.
Kawar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:48 AM   #56
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,049
Thanks: 977
Thanked 365 Times in 151 Posts

Default

Theres step by step guides and even videos of using ModelViewer still out there if you look. Not sure if the Goblin Tailor tutorials are still in existence, but I remember them requiring you to make an account to view them (free account).

All ModelViewer offers that AltanaViewer doesn't, was a built-in method of unpacking and repacking .dats for modding purposes. If your not really modding, simply use Altana Viewer instead.
ffxiAhleah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #57
Kawar
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffxiAhleah View Post
Theres step by step guides and even videos of using ModelViewer still out there if you look. Not sure if the Goblin Tailor tutorials are still in existence, but I remember them requiring you to make an account to view them (free account).

All ModelViewer offers that AltanaViewer doesn't, was a built-in method of unpacking and repacking .dats for modding purposes. If your not really modding, simply use Altana Viewer instead.
I do not want to use MV but i do need a 100% updated MV program. I just wanted to know what i am doing wrong with FMM.
Kawar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:20 AM   #58
Natsura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 232
Thanks: 39
Thanked 145 Times in 28 Posts

Default

If anyone still happens to know somehow I tried to use Mod Manager again, never had issues with it in the past. However, I keep getting failure messages saying it could not rewrite the original? Is this because of a permission issue?
Natsura is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #59
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 989
Thanks: 23
Thanked 366 Times in 142 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsura View Post
If anyone still happens to know somehow I tried to use Mod Manager again, never had issues with it in the past. However, I keep getting failure messages saying it could not rewrite the original? Is this because of a permission issue?

You should be able to go to your FINAL FANTASY XI folder, right click on your ROM folder (probably just the original ROM folder unless you are swapping NPCs/Mobs) and click Properties, at the bottom you will see Attributes, click on the box next to Read Only if it is checked. It will ask you if you want to apply this to all the sub files/folders, hit yes/ok. It will take awhile for it to process them all but it should fix your problem.
Alikona69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #60
Shadowfang
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: England
Posts: 45
Thanks: 107
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Default

I've downloaded the mod man and can't seem to locate the .jar file to run the set up I find the config.ini and then un zip the other files (inc creating a new FMM folder to put lists and other stuff in) can anyone please help.
Shadowfang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

design by: Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
punch-dnaAll company, product, system names and/or company logos and marks are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. If you are the copyright holder of any material found on this site and believe it has been used unfairly please contact one of the forum administrators.