Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #41
Lynia
Bring it on!
Forum Member

Quick little thing I noticed when browsing all these. Although it shows up properly, the Raider's Bonette shows up for the Bale Burgeonet aswell :x nothing really big at all, just wanted to make sure you knew. I love being able to view all the new stuff so soon after it comes out ^^ <3
Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #42
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Thanks for the feedback, and yesx, I've done a little error checking with Kamilynn's help, but likely I may have missed something here or there. Which race exactly is this occuring for?
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #43
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusionalbastard View Post
is this update for the version update we just had a couple days ago?
or is this updated from the last update?
It is from the September 8th version update.
The update a couple days ago didn't add anything new as far as what would be listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynia View Post
Quick little thing I noticed when browsing all these. Although it shows up properly, the Raider's Bonette shows up for the Bale Burgeonet aswell :x nothing really big at all, just wanted to make sure you knew. I love being able to view all the new stuff so soon after it comes out ^^ <3
Oops, you're right. Guess I messed up a little when doing all those copying/pasting. Not bad if that's the only thing wrong outta all the equipment and all the races.

Last edited by Kickern; 09-17-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #44
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Default MV Updated!!!!!!!

09/17/10 Model Viewer Updated Armor Lists! (Note: Weapons,WS's,Spells,Effects,NPCs remain to be updated)

Alas! I have finished updated all the armor files for every race! Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: rar List.rar (97.0 KB, 284 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ffxiAhleah For This Useful Post:
apacotaco (05-02-2013), dude18 (11-07-2010), Fayelith (10-29-2010), vonericson (04-29-2011)
Old 12-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #45
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Altanaview lists for December update stuff, come and get it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	altanaview1.png
Views:	112
Size:	549.4 KB
ID:	74157   Click image for larger version

Name:	altanaview2.png
Views:	103
Size:	731.4 KB
ID:	74158  
Attached Files
File Type: rar AltanaViewer.rar (590.6 KB, 254 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kickern For This Useful Post:
Bassclef (12-08-2010), cutekat (12-08-2010), Destiney (12-08-2010), dude18 (12-08-2010), ffxiAhleah (12-09-2010), Rhaegar (12-08-2010), Taube (05-13-2011), Tohihroyu (12-08-2010), vonericson (04-29-2011)
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #46
Bassclef
Amateur DAT Modder
Forum Member

Woo! Thanks Kickern! I've been waiting to see if the Twilight Mail set is just a palette swap of the Nocturnous Mail given the icons... which luckily, it isn't, lol.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #47
Kamilynn
Displaced ffxidats modder
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

Much love for you kickern <3<3<3
Old 12-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #48
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickern View Post
Altanaview lists for December update stuff, come and get it!
Wow! Awesome job Kickern!! I guess this means I need to get to work and start transfering these over to Model Viewer~

Also, what's your method for figuring out the .dat locations? I found ppl who had data mined the update, but never listed, x.dat = this armor etc.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #49
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Location: Kinda sorta near Sioux Falls, SD; close enough to work there but not quite enough to hang out there

He said he plops everything into an NPC file and takes note of how it shows up (I do believe that armor files loaded as NPC files will have some sort of skeleton so it looks like a puddle on the ground of slightly recognizable texture? idk) and marks what is npc and what it is, and what is obviously not NPC but is PC armor, and then goes through and matches those armor files to the races. It makes enough sense, a lot of copy/paste involved, but he made it sound simple enough that I was thinking about trying it out myself. Unfortunately, he has already finished it :p

yes.... unfortunately <.<...

/counts blessings
Old 12-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #50
Destiney
Death Blossom
Forum Member

Actually c.c figuring out the armor is very easy in POL Utilities. Though everything else is not so easy to solve like that. XD Armor about only thing I've found is easy.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...sc/elvaanm.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...Misc/humef.jpg
Old 12-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #51
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiney View Post
Actually c.c figuring out the armor is very easy in POL Utilities. Though everything else is not so easy to solve like that. XD Armor about only thing I've found is easy.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...sc/elvaanm.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...Misc/humef.jpg
:O
SEE I knew there were things I don't know. Geez!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #52
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

very nice work was cool to check out the new af ahead of time
but either you posted an early work or its not 100% yet cause hume male is missing armor on the af and haven't checked the rest yet
Old 12-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #53
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilynn View Post
He said he plops everything into an NPC file and takes note of how it shows up (I do believe that armor files loaded as NPC files will have some sort of skeleton so it looks like a puddle on the ground of slightly recognizable texture? idk) and marks what is npc and what it is, and what is obviously not NPC but is PC armor, and then goes through and matches those armor files to the races. It makes enough sense, a lot of copy/paste involved, but he made it sound simple enough that I was thinking about trying it out myself. Unfortunately, he has already finished it :p

yes.... unfortunately <.<...

/counts blessings
That's basically it. As for figuring out which race each thing is for, there is the way Destiney mentioned, but I do something different. SE tends to organize equipment dats (and WS and motion dats) in a certain order by race and by piece. Hume male, Hume female, Elvaan male, Elvaan female, Tarutaru, Mithra, and then Galka is how the races are usually ordered. Head, body, hands, legs, and then feet is how the armor pieces are ordered.

Quote:
very nice work was cool to check out the new af ahead of time
but either you posted an early work or its not 100% yet cause hume male is missing armor on the af and haven't checked the rest yet
Woah, my bad.
I was kinda hasty when posting the lists up, but I could've sworn those were all done. SE actually had a pretty easy setup for the AF3 dats, so it was easy for me to make up the body and hand lists just by going by the head, legs, and feet lists. I'll edit my post later after I fix the Hume male lists. I'm sure there are more things that I haven't found to add to the lists, though. New blood pacts aren't listed under the proper avatars yet.

Last edited by Kickern; 12-09-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #54
Jamesy
Dat crafter Extroardinare
Forum Member

Default hey

I'm extremely sorry guys I would have don't the lists the first day of the update but my schools internet sucks and I can't even update ffxi here I will be home tonight though sadly its too late <3

Sincerely,
Jamesy

P.s. when I get home I will explaine how to tell the difference between pc and npc in polutils

Last edited by Jamesy; 12-09-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #55
Kamilynn
Forum Member

amg Kickern cared enough about something that I said that he quoted me in a reply

/tears of joy
Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #56
ffxiAhleah
The Rump Whisperer
Forum Member

Ok, well, work in progress, so look for this to be updated as I can, but so far, have the armor lists completed for all races for all AF3, including new Twilight bodies(Excepting Hume M Body list :3).

I've tried to go and update the WS lists, but after inputting it in on both Mithra and Hume F, I couldn't figure out how to get them to animate. It's likely some kind of linked .dat needed for the motion that i'm unaware of how to input x.x.
I think I will try to work on updating weapons at next available chance. Also, haven't figured out how/where to input the new emotions, will try to get these added when I can work out that detail.

P.S. All credit goes to Kickern for compiling these lists, I've merely transferred them over to Model Viewer.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Model Viewer Eng v1.rar (12.41 MB, 209 views)
Old 12-10-2010, 12:52 AM   #57
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

alright pick up your head kickern you do amazing work on everything you do here. everyone has little things that slip threw the cracks. the main thing is finding out what is wrong and fixing it. so I can't wait to see the final draft you put out on everything.

has anyone notice but me that on model viewer with hume female the vermy cloak is labeled as a combat casters thingy

now question, I noticed the list looks to be originally list is built around just following the fold and dat number.
what about rebuilding the list in a different manner.
putting all the af armor together in alphabetic order of the jobs themselves maybe
and figuring out something for the rest lol

i don't know just seems sometimes it takes a while to find something in there cause there isn't a big order system for them besides where they actually sit in there folders.

also what about making the list a little more detailed, like slowly building a list for each piece of which armors and weapons its used for
we all know alot of the armor is used for like 3 or more pieces but to which all they apply to is not always clear
and maybe list the labels for each piece across in order by there level
like on the bone and beetle harness pieces normally depending on how the made the list on which label you see or which viewer your looking at as well.
so it would be labeled like Bone, Beetle Harness or something along that line
Old 12-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #58
Kamilynn
Forum Member

Quote:
now question, I noticed the list looks to be originally list is built around just following the fold and dat number.
what about rebuilding the list in a different manner.
putting all the af armor together in alphabetic order of the jobs themselves maybe
and figuring out something for the rest lol

i don't know just seems sometimes it takes a while to find something in there cause there isn't a big order system for them besides where they actually sit in there folders.

also what about making the list a little more detailed, like slowly building a list for each piece of which armors and weapons its used for
we all know alot of the armor is used for like 3 or more pieces but to which all they apply to is not always clear
and maybe list the labels for each piece across in order by there level
like on the bone and beetle harness pieces normally depending on how the made the list on which label you see or which viewer your looking at as well.
so it would be labeled like Bone, Beetle Harness or something along that line
Editing the lists is pretty simple, but such a task can be boring as fuuu hence the reason people have up til now been happy with adding on what comes out in the order it comes out in. But honestly, once it is figured out, this kinda organization would just be a bit of copy/pasting ^^

If you go into the list folder and select the list file, and tell it to be opened by Notepad (that's what I do cause I am lazy, I have heard it can be opened by pretty much any document editor) it will let you flat out access the list and edit it as you see fit. The changes I have made to mine is only adding in a test folder to my ROM so I don't have to keep putting them in actual armor dat files (I had gotten freaked out about the updates overwriting them so that knowledge came to me at a very fortuitous time, thanks Ahleah <3). The information is basically organized thusly (for MV) in the file: FOLDERNUMBER-FILENUMBER, Description or name of armor

If you feel so inclined, you can cut and paste the different armors to be in a more pleasing order, or edit the description to include the other versions of the armor (I had at one point for some reason added something under two names; it still directed MV to the same dat but it made me not have to remember the obscure one) or include the level the armor should be used - basically everything you mentioned wanting to try to have implemented ^^

If it is something you are interested in having, and you have an idea of how you would want it to display, please check it out :o! It is totally super easy. I personally don't care enough about which armor is what (I am a sad, strange little girl) and just scroll through it all as is <.<;;
Old 12-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #59
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Ok, fixes are in place (as far as I can tell.)
I also put the names in for the new blue magic spells, the 3 new blood pacts are listed with the avatars, and a few other things have been added to the NPC lists.
Attached Files
File Type: rar AltanaViewer.rar (590.7 KB, 224 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kickern For This Useful Post:
Daluna (12-28-2010), kooldogy88 (12-21-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #60
delusionalbastard
Hume Mod Apprentice
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilynn View Post
The changes I have made to mine is only adding in a test folder to my ROM so I don't have to keep putting them in actual armor dat files (I had gotten freaked out about the updates overwriting them so that knowledge came to me at a very fortuitous time, thanks Ahleah <3). The information is basically organized thusly (for MV) in the file: FOLDERNUMBER-FILENUMBER, Description or name of armor<.<;;
so what does the "Test Folder" do really, not to clear on that

and the foldernumber - filenumber thing are you talking about the description section on the items in mv

hmmm, I guess I can take a look at the list and see how its built and how I want to play with it
I will probably sit down with some paper and pen and brain storm up different ways in how to sort it and lay it out. I am open to suggestions seeing how another view or perspective is always handy.
hell I may even end up with 2 different versions of the viewer, one that is built in line for modders and one built in line for people to find the armor they are looking for by the name they know vs thinking what it looks similar too

you never know till you play with it and figure out what you want
The Following User Says Thank You to delusionalbastard For This Useful Post:
Alikona69 (06-21-2011)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » FFXI Modders Corner