Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #21
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,282
Thanks: 54
Thanked 399 Times in 206 Posts

Default

I know they'll add AF2, but the fact still remains....

BLU/PUP/COR don't have AF2 yet, so why make new jobs when you're not even completed on the ones you have now?
Corrderio is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #22
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quetzalcoatl
Posts: 1,575
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
mmm mithra chocobo knight
Sounds like a doujin waiting to happen.
Ferris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #23
Rina Refine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
I know they'll add AF2, but the fact still remains....

BLU/PUP/COR don't have AF2 yet, so why make new jobs when you're not even completed on the ones you have now?
because they'll put it in with the new expansion~?
angry blublu coordykins
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #24
buzzsaw5k
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 80
Thanks: 5
Thanked 21 Times in 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
I know they'll add AF2, but the fact still remains....

BLU/PUP/COR don't have AF2 yet, so why make new jobs when you're not even completed on the ones you have now?
You do realize the expansion isn't coming out til DECEMBER? That's 6 months to get all that shit done. Seems all you do is bitch about everything SE does.. Why do you play this game? ;/
buzzsaw5k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #25
Staccato
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 43
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default

We can all moan and complain about how much work SE puts in to their expansions when they come out ;) no reason to get all fussed about it yet.
Save your loljob comments till you've actually seen the job.
Staccato is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #26
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quetzalcoatl
Posts: 1,575
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

Default

You do it too Dan. >_>
Well not about everything, but still.
Ferris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #27
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,282
Thanks: 54
Thanked 399 Times in 206 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzsaw5k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
I know they'll add AF2, but the fact still remains....

BLU/PUP/COR don't have AF2 yet, so why make new jobs when you're not even completed on the ones you have now?
You do realize the expansion isn't coming out til DECEMBER? That's 6 months to get all that shit done. Seems all you do is bitch about everything SE does.. Why do you play this game? ;/
1. SE said in a previous interview they're not sure how they'll add AF2
2. Because my PC is a piece of shit so I can't play any other MMOs, I'm not buying an X-Box 3shitty and I'm sure in the hell not buying a PS3 for 600ish.
Corrderio is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #28
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,489
Thanks: 0
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts

Default

This is going to be the best expansion ever.

I disagree with with the SE is overdoing it argument. SE needs to continually introduce expansions to keep long time hardcore players who have done most everything in a given expansion within the first 6 months, as well as to bring back former players with new incredible content. If SE was introducing a new full expansion every 6 months, then I'd say they were overdoing it.

Also I believe Chocobo Knight could work and keep chocobo mechanics in check. In fact I just came up with an idea while I was typing the first part of this post.

Chocobo Knight: A new tank job with a pseudo pet mechanic. The "CHK" Will summon a "Chocobo War Mount" similar to how Drg summons a wyvern. This War Mount will be a Destrier type black chocobo in full armor, upgradeable similar to a pup's maton. Due to the fact that this powerful Destrier will be under the weight of full armor, in addition to its rider in full armor, its running speed will be far slower than that of a standard chocobo. As such, the rider will still get aggro from mobs that will normally not aggro someone on a standard chocobo. Despite this, it's running speed will still be slightly faster than that of a normal player running, so outrunning certain slower mobs might be a possibility. Also, due to these specific Destrier's extensive battle training, they may be used in areas typically inaccessible to standard chocobos. However, they remain extremely cautious in these dangerous areas so their movement speed is reduced. If the CHK has raised his own Destrier, he may "train" this chocobo for later use in battle. If you use your own raised chocobo, each chocobo stat will have a different effect on the chocobo's battle ability. So if you have raised a Destrier with maxed out stats, by all means use it.

Strength: Increases mounted attack ability damage.
Endurance: Increases the total damage your mount can take before it flees.
Discernment: Decreases the chance your mount will panic when it takes large amounts of damage quickly.
Receptivity: Decreases recharge time on mount skills.
Affection: Increases the "Maximum damage threshold," In essence the more your chocobo likes you, the more likely it is to stay by your side while it's getting hurt.
Hunger: A full chocobo will heal faster than a starving chocobo. Decreases the time it takes to recall your mount when it flees due to injury.

"Stock" Destriers are considered to be of the following ability:
Strength: Impressive
Endurance: Better than average
Discernment: Better than average
Receptivity: A bit deficient
Affection: It seems to slightly enjoy your company.
Hunger: Neither hungry, nor full.

The "CHK" tanks utilizing incredible mount/rider combined HP, high defense, and a library of hate generating, and status effect inducing attack abilities. It maintains hate with a good damage output, in conjunction with enmity and the aforementioned abilities. When mounted on his war mount, the CHK gains enhanced defense through his mount. In addition, the mount has a chance to absorb damage rather than the rider. If the mount takes too much total damage, or too much damage too quickly, it will panic, and dismount the CHK. The mount may not be resummoned until it has healed completely, and calmed down. Its only real weakness defensively is the lack of any self curing ability. Offensively, while decent dismounted, only when mounted does the CHK fully exhibit its ability.

The CHK may equip all leather, mail, and plate mail armor, and specializes in the use of Swords, Great Swords, Spear type weapons, and boasts a decent skill with a shield . It can use new single handed CHK exclusive lances in combat. Certain abilities, may only be used mounted, and with a single handed CHK lance equipped. However, the CHK cannot attack with any two handed weapon while mounted, though they can still be equipped.

Job abilities:
Attack abilities deal 5% more damage per point above "Impressive" strength (excludes 2hr)
Recharge is reduced by 10 seconds for each point above "A bit deficient" Receptivity (excludes 2hr)
Lv1.
Lv5. Mount - Calls your Destrier mount. Recharge: 10 minutes base and an additional 1 minute per percentile of HP below 100% your mount is. 10 second reduction in time for each point above (4) neither hungry nor full your personal chocobo is.
Lv10. Trample - Deals damage (Only usable when mounted) Recharge: 2 minutes
Lv 15. Charge - Deals damage (Only usable mounted with a CHK lance equipped) Recharge: 5 minutes

It took me about 50 times longer to type all that up than it took to think it up.
Barachiel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 AM   #29
fudgie
Oh, God damnit...
Dat Modder
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default

You know...that sounds like all kinds of awesome.
fudgie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #30
Aoiren
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Over there
Posts: 303
Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie
You know...that sounds like all kinds of awesome.
that it does o.O
Aoiren is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:37 AM   #31
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SOS Brigade Club Room
Posts: 1,353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Default

I demand Crusader! I cant stress enough that Paladin's are ALWAYS tanks and NEVER DPS on MMORPGS.

I might concider playing again depending on the new jobs.
Ryuuri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #32
Killazane
King Of Hearts
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Within Synkilla's Soul O_O Yesh I am His Zanpaktou!
Posts: 139
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default

Tima mage ;3 maybe geomancer ;3
uhh i dunno XD u get armor in the area u come back to normal time and it become rusty
then when u go back it becomes all new again ;3
Killazane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #33
jakaal
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default

i love the chocobo Knight idea!!! i Would Quit everything to raise that job....im a Tank at heart and i have raised Pld to 75 and War to 75....and i hate nin....so i would love another Tank job to lvl...!!!!
jakaal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #34
Ryuuri
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SOS Brigade Club Room
Posts: 1,353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts

Default

sorry to burst some dreams but there will be no such Chocobo Knight.

SE won't go that far to look rediculaous lol.
Ryuuri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #35
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,282
Thanks: 54
Thanked 399 Times in 206 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakaal
i love the chocobo Knight idea!!! i Would Quit everything to raise that job....im a Tank at heart and i have raised Pld to 75 and War to 75....and i hate nin....so i would love another Tank job to lvl...!!!!
Chocobo Knight sounds more like a DD and that's what people will probably consider it. But as long as the new jobs aren't a disaster like PUP was (They wanted it to be a solo job, but have a 15 min. reactivation timer.... WTF?) then I don't care too much, since ppl will still probably go with WAR, MNK, BRD, RDM, etc. only for TP parties.
Corrderio is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #36
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quetzalcoatl
Posts: 1,575
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Tima mage ;3 maybe geomancer ;3
Time mage would be extremely pointless. RDM is what most would consider a time mage - since it has almost all the spells time mage would. (Unless they can magically go back in time)
Ferris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #37
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,282
Thanks: 54
Thanked 399 Times in 206 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris
Quote:
Tima mage ;3 maybe geomancer ;3
Time mage would be extremely pointless. RDM is what most would consider a time mage - since it has almost all the spells time mage would. (Unless they can magically go back in time)
Teleport me to the Day of Larvos!!!!!!!!!!
Corrderio is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #38
Rina Refine
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

i heard that pup can be good if they have no life and use ALOT of money and do those pup onli ENMs and stuff~
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #39
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,282
Thanks: 54
Thanked 399 Times in 206 Posts

Default

Yeah, but the moment that puppet is dead and you don't have activate, you're a gimped MNK.
Corrderio is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #40
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Quetzalcoatl
Posts: 1,575
Thanks: 6
Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris
Quote:
Tima mage ;3 maybe geomancer ;3
Time mage would be extremely pointless. RDM is what most would consider a time mage - since it has almost all the spells time mage would. (Unless they can magically go back in time)
Teleport me to the Day of Larvos!!!!!!!!!!
Lavos*
Ferris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

design by: Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
punch-dnaAll company, product, system names and/or company logos and marks are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. If you are the copyright holder of any material found on this site and believe it has been used unfairly please contact one of the forum administrators.