Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
Menelaus
Regret and Hotcakes
Forum Member

Default Making gil....

...Is a bitch. I know a few ways, but they would either take a long time, or more than one person. And as a level 75 RDM, there isn't much I can solo until I level NIN a bit more. And then I have to buy Ni. Guess what? That's gunna be a bitch to get, also.

So, as a request from a poor kitten, could anyone point me in the direction of bountiful harvests?

[Don't recommend harvesting or mining to me. I've wasted money buying the equipment and I have no luck with that. >_<]
Old 07-14-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

There's not a lot you're going to be able to do, the only way I know of to make money is BCNMs, KSNMs, ENMs, and ISNMs.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
Menelaus
Regret and Hotcakes
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio
There's not a lot you're going to be able to do, the only way I know of to make money is BCNMs, KSNMs, ENMs, and ISNMs.
Yeah. My primary source of money is Taxi-ing. Sometimes I farm beehive chips. But now they're dropping in price as well.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #4
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

I tried a lot of stuff, I looked at what I could make with 61 Goldsmithing, I seen what I could farn, I looked on FFXI AH for a buch of crap.... and all I can see doing is Tele-Taxi, but I can't stand WHM.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Unfortunately, SE's good intention to destroy gil sellers at every turn is also destroying the economy. Personally, I preferred the inflated economy of 2005-2006. Though things appeared to be expensive, they really weren't because there were hundreds of ways to make large amounts of gil quickly. But now, it's just painful. I used to enjoy playing when I could raid the blacksmith guilds in the morning for iron ore, and make 500k profit a day easily from smithing them into iron/steel ingots. There are only a few ways to make gil reliably now. And unless you have an extremely high level craft, only one real way is available to casual players, gardening. BCNM's are a decent money maker as well, but things just aren't worth as much as they used to be, and seals can take a bit of time to collect when you need the money right now. ENM's however can be a really good long term money maker, especially since people rarely do them any more.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #6
Menelaus
Regret and Hotcakes
Forum Member

Eh, looks like I'm stuck with it. Lucky for me I had to level WHM for RDM sub. I went ahead and took it to 39 for some reason. I guess I might get it to 42 and get Vahzl sometime...

Anyways, at night time tele-whoring sucks so much. Most of the teleport requests are in JP. x_x

I'm going to bed. Thanks for entertaining me. <_<;
Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 AM   #7
Dracovivi
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

A lot of stuff has dropped in proportion to the sell rate.. so even though you don't make as much, it doesn't cost as much to buy items.. so I don't really see why people complain about that. Yes I could see if prices of the armor and what not didn't drop, but the common ways to make gil decreased then yes there would be a problem. But since everything dropped somewhat proportionally there isn't really an issue.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:05 AM   #8
Rina Refine

inflation is actually better than deflation u know >_<

Old 07-14-2007, 02:40 AM   #9
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

I prefer this deflation because now I can afford things I couldn't before. I'm leveling ninja now. I wouldn't have even considered it a year ago, but now I can afford it easily. Sure, the economy deflated, but its stable now, so I don't see a problem either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barachiel
Unfortunately, SE's good intention to destroy gil sellers at every turn is also destroying the economy. Personally, I preferred the inflated economy of 2005-2006. Though things appeared to be expensive, they really weren't because there were hundreds of ways to make large amounts of gil quickly. But now, it's just painful. I used to enjoy playing when I could raid the blacksmith guilds in the morning for iron ore, and make 500k profit a day easily from smithing them into iron/steel ingots. There are only a few ways to make gil reliably now. And unless you have an extremely high level craft, only one real way is available to casual players, gardening. BCNM's are a decent money maker as well, but things just aren't worth as much as they used to be, and seals can take a bit of time to collect when you need the money right now. ENM's however can be a really good long term money maker, especially since people rarely do them any more.
Would you like some cheese with your whine?
Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 AM   #10
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I make 80-100k an hour fishing in Sea Serpent Grotto on full and new moons. Not much, but enough to support my jobs with basic needs.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:57 AM   #11
Kayu
Grimmjow Jagger Jacks
Forum Member

do you want easy money?(in a serious note i dont do this but people seem to fall easy)
pass yourself a female or if you are one perfect(with a character woman)
flirt a bit stupid males(yeah i am a male myself) will give you everything, free and easy.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #12
katsy
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I make money in my HNM/SKY LS <.< Kings and Gods drop some pretty expensive gear, it keeps my wallet fat :x
Old 07-14-2007, 03:42 AM   #13
Barachiel
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovivi
A lot of stuff has dropped in proportion to the sell rate.. so even though you don't make as much, it doesn't cost as much to buy items.. so I don't really see why people complain about that. Yes I could see if prices of the armor and what not didn't drop, but the common ways to make gil decreased then yes there would be a problem. But since everything dropped somewhat proportionally there isn't really an issue.
A few reasons:

1) Dynamis, Limbus, and now Einherjar. Dynamis and Einherjar differ based on number of participants, but they maintain an average price that during the inflation was more like pocket change. The cost increases relative to deflation. Limbus, while SE reduced the cost by 20k, is still far more expensive than it was at 50k during the height of the inflation. As such, funding regular runs for all of these is increasingly time consuming. At the height of inflation I could run out to Rolanberry for 20 minutes and grab a stack of silk threads. This alone would fund over two limbus runs. From dynamis I'd only need to sell a single currency to profit off the entry fee.

2) Avenues of profit with crafting. Within the game there is a base NPC value upon the economy. If the economy is in an inflated state, the player can buy cheap materials from any guild npc and synth them for good profit. However, in its current state of deflation, the AH value is near the base NPC value. As such crafting for gil has been decimated, and is no longer a viable option, unless one can go entirely for HQ's, or has the spare time on hand to farm all of the materials. When the inflation was in full swing anyone that had smithing at 20 could pump out iron ingots for 100% profit.

3) Economic depression. Deflation and depression are two different things. Deflation arises from an increase in monetary value, while a depression arises from a massive decrease in monetary value, as occurred during the first part of the 20th century. An extended period of deflation, especially when primary aspects of an economy do not also reduce in price proportionally to the increase in monetary value, can spark a depression through an increased hoarding of personal wealth. If people aren't willing to spend money readily due to the fact that it's extremely difficult to make in the first place then the entire economy will gradually reduce due to people wanting to spend as little of their wealth as possible. Primarily it's a psychological issue. People are wowed and intimidated by big numbers. The initial outcry against the inflation was due in part to people crying about how expensive everything was, completely blind to the copious money making opportunities.

4) Not everything is proportional. As stated above, we have the NPC baseline. In a way a safety measure, in another a handicap. People complain about deflation because it makes NPC items that much more expensive. Gradually, those money making avenues vanish. Also as stated before, certain activities are far more expensive now, than they were during the inflation, because the cost/reward ratio doesn't remain proportional. The cost more or less remains the same, while the reward drops in value along with the economy. If the economy was entirely dynamic, deflation wouldn't be as hated as it is because everything would remain proportional.

5) Rina has it right. Inflation is natural, and healthy for an economy. Unnatural inflation, as occurred over the Xmas rush of 2005, will subside, as it began to long before SE began the massive bannings. Deflation, while not a bad thing in the short term, can lead to instability over a long period, and the eventual death of an economy.

By the way, I used the same argument you just did during the inflation to counter the people that said it was bad. Almost always I got called a gil buyer because they were ignorant, didn't understand economic principles, and didn't even take the time to try and come up with their own counter argument.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:45 AM   #14
Murrr
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanta
I make 80-100k an hour fishing in Sea Serpent Grotto on full and new moons. Not much, but enough to support my jobs with basic needs.
acctuay 80-100k an hour is a whole lotta gil lol...

I have fishing 34! can i!? can i!?
Old 07-14-2007, 03:48 AM   #15
wanta
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Yup, but you need a lu shang's and a whole lot of patience because it's a really boring room. I usually don't hold it out for more than an hour.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #16
Raxiaz
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Inflation for a chef: PRICELESS.

God I love being a cook.

Level cooking to 60.

It's like 100k if you buy all the stuff from NPC's and PL like crazy.

Got to 40 in one night.

W00t.

Yagudo drinks cap at 58/60.

Use those to gain profit.

Level further.

Navarin, Bison steak, pies.

Mmm... Tasty!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #17
Chakrila
Banned
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinaxrina
inflation is actually better than deflation u know >_<
unless youre already rich.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #18
Ryuji
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I make most of my money from BCNM and cooking

BCs are relatively easy to get (Promyvions ftw >.>) and some can be quite rewarding, assuming you have a good group that actually wins (I have a sort of a BCNM static, 3 people, we have like 95% win ratio ^^-b )

Cooking is the cheapest of crafts IMO. Ingredients usually don't cost much, most are available from NPCs and there's always demand for food as it is a consumable item. I've been making some nice money farming cock meat (no dirty thoughts, I mean cockatrices :P) in Onzozo and making mithkabobs. I also garden for my own onions, which really cuts the making cost by a lot = good profit. It might not be a "get rich overnight" method, but it's stable, constant income. I also cook marron glace since it's made out of ingredients available 100% from NPCs. Again, not fast money but hey, it adds up over time ^^

I used to smelt silver and mithril some too, but stacks of ingots usually sell slow and price on them dropped too so they aren't very profitable anymore :/

Basically - craft skill is your best bet for constant income, even if it's a bit slow.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #19
Tamashii
Forum Member

i do fishing as well. sea serpent grotto, a lushang rod. crank up the music and in comes steady cash flow.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #20
Menelaus
Regret and Hotcakes
Forum Member

Wow, people really got into this. Well, thanks for the tips~ I've been poking at fishing from time to time, but the Lu Shang's rod kinda pulls me away from the idea, just because of how time consuming it can be.

If I'm right, Moat carp sell for 3k each at the moment, and you need 10,000 carp to get the rod. That's roughly 2.5mil. Lu Shang's costs 2mil. You'd have enough to buy the rod from the AH by fishing up and selling less of the carp needed for the quest~!

A little time saved~ [I've been thinking about these facts since I started fishing. <<;]

A little side note, this may not work as planned, for the fluxuating prices and buy rates will still apply.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » Final Fantasy MMO » FFXI Stuff