Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #201
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura
I do use a different model for my moogle, it's not really a custom moogle per-se, I simply swapped dats for my moogle for the pixie dat. So I have a nifty floating pixie in my moghouse, and the event moogles match it. The nomad moogles use a different dat so they're unchanged.
Wrong topic dude. :roll:
Old 11-08-2008, 04:00 AM   #202
Sepultura
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69
Where I'm getting to with this is.. do any of you have custom moogles? I could see this being the culprit if say for example it was just a random npc that you put in the moogles place.. and its lacking the special moogle animations like when it spins when you change jobs...
Was just replying to a question asked in the post just previous to mine, although I do remember seeing a thread about "post your custom moogle here" or some such.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:47 AM   #203
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

That was an on-topic post, Kickern.

Also, I don't use a moogle mod, and I can't say I've ever encountered seeing the festive moogles and whatnot outside when it was event time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithra-lover
Your theory is flawed. In my case I have 2GB of RAM, a brand new and good graphics card and a dual core processor. I don't have messenger on and the game still crashes during equipment changes with certain dat swaps.

I could play FFXI with virtual memory turned off, it really isn't that demanding >.<
Spoolsv takes up a low amount of virtual memory, but it takes a good bit of system resources. Seeing only the memory usage in task manager to see how much, in relation to other programs, a program is taking is fleeting and unreliable.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:54 AM   #204
Kickern
Forum Police
Dat Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikona69
Where I'm getting to with this is.. do any of you have custom moogles? I could see this being the culprit if say for example it was just a random npc that you put in the moogles place.. and its lacking the special moogle animations like when it spins when you change jobs...
Was just replying to a question asked in the post just previous to mine, although I do remember seeing a thread about "post your custom moogle here" or some such.
Sorry, I thought that was the thread you meant to post in. I must have skipped that part of that post by Alikona. :P
Old 11-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #205
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Huzzah, I now crash at the end of besieged.

Fucking. Wonderful.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:26 AM   #206
Taffa Roux
Forum Member

i don't suppose there's been any joy on getting the body dat to work right has there?

I noticed there isn't this same issue with the nude base Korinth uses, perhaps it would be an idea to look at that and see if there's something starkingly interesting about the configuration compared to the new one.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #207
NightmareKato
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffa Roux
i don't suppose there's been any joy on getting the body dat to work right has there?

I noticed there isn't this same issue with the nude base Korinth uses, perhaps it would be an idea to look at that and see if there's something starkingly interesting about the configuration compared to the new one.
I think it would be best if the creator of this HQ mod used the mesh from that nude base, with the textures in the proper dimensions for that mesh. That might solve the problem entirely.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #208
Ragnodisea
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareKato
Quote:

I think it would be best if the creator of this HQ mod used the mesh from that nude base, with the textures in the proper dimensions for that mesh. That might solve the problem entirely.
would be great if you can tell me which ones are the proper dimension for that mesh
i left the original SE dimensions wich are 128x256
i dont understand what you are trying to say
can you explain it better pls ^.^
Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #209
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareKato
Quote:

Ragnodisea did use the SE dimensions.. as I've said a bazillion times lol this isn't a "HQ" mod in the means of a bigger texture size. The nude model that Korinth uses I've looked at before and the UV mapping is different so it would be quite a pain to apply the texture x_X
Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #210
mithra-lover
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris

Spoolsv takes up a low amount of virtual memory, but it takes a good bit of system resources. Seeing only the memory usage in task manager to see how much, in relation to other programs, a program is taking is fleeting and unreliable.
Hah, nice of you to assume that I just looked at memory usage in task manager. I'm not trying to boast, but I have a degree in computing and I sat for hours through operating systems lectures (which were made mildly entertaining by my lecturer who couldn't stop scratching his crotch, we even did a tally one day just for kicks), so I do know just a little about resources and memory management.

Knowing computing theory aside, I've ran another GAME (PSU) alongside FFXI before and my system didn't slow down one bit. Lol it has nothing to do with resources.

I do think you and others are right about one thing though! SE most likely have changed some things in the game and that is the cause of the random crashing. I seem to get most crashes when using plasticsurgeon plugin for windower, whereas a few months ago I didn't get any using that.

And just to point out from my own experience, I was getting these random crashes -before- I started using ragnodisea's dats, so I don't think its some specific about these dats...
Old 11-15-2008, 06:13 AM   #211
Alikona69
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Ok I had these completely random thoughts this morning at 5am when I woke up xD

I gather fof the most part, those of you are having the most crashing issues are swapping this out for your no equip dat. When I tested this I think I had it as the leather body... so I was switching between actual armor dats. It could possibly be that there is some glitch with the no equip body slot thats causing the crashes.... thinking more into this I started to wonder if maybe the file size difference for this is what is making it crash. The textures aren't HQ but it seems like even if you open an original SE dds or bmp into photoshop... do nothing to it and save it the file size increases. I could try testing this theory some more.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #212
huenire
Forum Member

I would actually agree with that, because often when I crash from gear swaps, it's when I change jobs or equiping a cloak or something that causes the 'naked' eq to appear.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #213
Ragnodisea
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

/cheer

you can do it guys ^.~ keep up the hard work
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #214
Werewolf
Forum Member

I really like the Mithra RSE body dat, nice work :D

Only thing I noticed was the shoulders show through the top piece when your running or resting, not sure if there is anyway you can fix that?

Also any chance you could make the Mithran Seperates body date like the RSE one?

Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #215
Taffa Roux
Forum Member

Any update or joy on working out why the body dat in particular causes the client to clash, but the legs don't? :o
Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #216
Nekotomoyo
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

These set are so amazing and pretty/sexy It make me rage that my game always crash when i enter a few area , look like it always the body that make the game crash =~_~=

Anyone found a magical solution ?

Btw keep the great work im looking foward to see af's and other mod by you /bow
/kneel

Neko
Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #217
Jcat
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Yeah now I've been having some major crashes as well. I've also experience full system lock-up where the screen stays on but the computer just up and stops. I can hear the fan on my graphics card turn up while all the lights go out and it only happens in FFXI when modded. (not sure if it's just the HQ body now)
Old 01-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #218
dratiant
Sexeh Bumkins!
Forum Member

I think I see whats wrong with this dat. Look at it in Meta, move the camera so it looks up kinda inside the dat from the bottom...you'll see alot of extra mesh. I can't really see or notice it in VRS sadly so I can't really fix it or delete it. If someone else notices this, or I am wrong, let me know.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #219
Illimitable
Forum Member

FFXI runs stable as you please for me. I put them in to take a look at them then took them back out. Day after I popped the fixed dats in I had two crashes in the space of an hour. Hasn't happened again since, but it's a pretty interesting coincidence.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:09 AM   #220
Mashuga
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I know what the problem is.. It's like HP's face-recognition software.. But it's tits-recognition. SE sees a perfectly drawn rack and says "Oh hell no" and decides it's going to give itself an aneurysm.

My 2 cents.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mashuga For This Useful Post:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXI DAT Section » Mithra ミスラ .dats