Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » Miqo'te ミコッテ

Notices

Old 12-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #1
Lith
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Naughtywvr patch, can somebody explain how I'm being an idiot?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I'm struggling to find any help anywhere else, and I'm certain I'm doing something super simple completely wrong.
I extracted the files to a new folder steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Rebord\utilities and tried running it after disabling all my anti-virus software, but after I type in my serial key and hit next I get a "File not found!" error. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the settings.dat file having the wrong directory, but fixing it doesn't help. It might also have to do with where I'm extracting it, but the readme doesn't specify anything to do with that.
Am I making a simple mistake or does this sound like more advanced troubleshooting?
Old 12-14-2016, 04:41 AM   #2
OliveOiled
RandomHyur's partner.
Forum Member

This is how my mod folder looks like. Unsure how to help aside from checking the obvious but, aside from the .rar and the serial, are you missing something in the screenshot?
Old 12-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #3
Lith
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

This is my folder, it looks like I'm missing config.dat? It's not included in the download I got from Gumroad, unless I'm supposed to get it from somewhere else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss+(2016-12-14+at+07.12.22).png
Views:	135
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	178123  
Old 12-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #4
OliveOiled
RandomHyur's partner.
Forum Member

Odd, it came with mine. Try redownload it just in case. if not I'll send you my .rar.
The Following User Says Thank You to OliveOiled For This Useful Post:
Lith (12-15-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #5
Moo1679
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith View Post
This is my folder, it looks like I'm missing config.dat? It's not included in the download I got from Gumroad, unless I'm supposed to get it from somewhere else?
The config.dat comes naturally as a "hidden" file, if you don't have hidden shown in folder options you cannot see it even if it's there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moo1679 For This Useful Post:
Lith (12-15-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 02:36 AM   #6
Lith
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

That was exactly it, Moo! The file wasn't in my folder because I didn't use the extract all option with the .zip, I manually selected and dragged files, so it never dragged in the hidden config file. It's all fixed now, thank you!
Olive, thank you for offering your .rar!
Old 02-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #7
ANON00101011
Forum Member

The config.dat file is a database file that stores the serial key hash codes. I'm literally creating a post in a few minutes that will ignore the data in the file.

The modified .exe file I made will still need the config.dat file, but it won't need any information from it so someone could just create a new .txt file and rename it config.dat and it will work with my upload.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » Miqo'te ミコッテ