Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #101
Vepmscceit
Roegadyn Extraordinaire
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omomoi View Post
When there's a game you love that finally gets localized but it turns out to be localized terribly ><
How about when a game you really liked gets a sequel but it never gets localized? Or you get a later entry in the series and find out there's more that have never made it over?
Old 08-06-2016, 09:07 PM   #102
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,508 Times in 3,389 Posts

When one of your hardrives dies, but the computer says its working fine still.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #103
catastrophie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So if ever there was a need for ad blocker NBC is making the case.

My work blocks ads as a security measure so all you get is 100% non stop olympics... When I get home I get TONS of fucking ads ... and they are breaking up the stream to do it and not restarting where they left off ... so during gymnastics for instance ... they cut to commercial during a girls rotation .. when they came back they were showing the next girl ... no clue how the last girl scored.

Fucking NBC
Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #104
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

A group taking my pictures without my permission and using them on their web page without showing my name as the photograph. They even took pictures from some photography groups, dewatermarked them and posted them on their webpage.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:30 AM   #105
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhjPd4uNFY

This makes you really think... all the crazy stuff we think of today, could change in just a few decades.

Here's to hoping Japan invents catgirls before I die
Old 08-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #106
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

My PC feeling slower after hardware cleaning. It always leaves the feel something it out of place even though i only cleaned its coolers. ; ;

Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #107
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Okay, so I purchased a social game expansion (Tanto Cuore Oktoberfest) at a shop. I later discovered something strange about the purchase, more specifically on the receipt. I had given 30$ prior for the shop to order my item. When I paid for the item, which is 62$ plus taxes, I was supposed to pay for 32$ plus the taxes for the whole cost. When I checked the receipt this morning, I had the surprise to see 4$ more, which were not told about by the seller. Please note that I went to the shop to demand explanations.

I explained the situation to the cashier, showed him the receipt, asked him where it came from, we can clearly see that there was a deposit of 30$, which had been substracted from the total cost. I even asked the cashier a clearer copy of the receipt, which he could not provide me. He even tried to call his boss, which failed at the time.

So the cashier took a decision, refunded me an amount equivalent to what we beleived was taxes taxed for whatever reason.

Now, the boss threatened me to call the cops for 4$, wanted me to do a U-turn on a regional road and waste some oh so precious gas (I'm in the province of Quebec, gas runs around a 1$ the liter here) and all that on my cell phone while I was driving (which can warrant a ticket and a driver's license suspention here).

He claims I made a fraud while all the prob;lems comes from his billing program, which wierdly enough calculate the total price minus the paid amount, plus whatever cost that comes from nowhere, plus the taxes. So now, I'm going to file up a complain to the consumer protection office if needs be and I'm going to contact him cause he's being an ass and he needs to be taught not to mess up his stuff if he wants to be a good seller.

Edit: So called him. Facts: Deposit for purchase can be taxed here, which I did not know and which was not told by the seller (so EB-Games/Gamestop has been raping my ass for some time now, took a decision last year to stop pre-ordering there and glad I took it). Making a clearer receipt would be hard for the seller since his computer would register a fake sale, which caused the problem when I reviewed the receipt. In my head, the maths were 62$+15%=subtotal-30$ while the reality of the maths was (26$+15%)+(36$+15%)=total. So yeah, it's fucked up here and I think it needs to change royally. So on to the medias about the iden aspects of our government. They are wooling us way too much. We have to pay an extra 5 cent for each soda and up to 5$ depending of the reusable container we can return to get the money back, this means they taxes those too. Now I'm angry at the government that's been raping the ass of each and every person here for way too long.

Last edited by Dark_Soriel; 08-12-2016 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #108
Semen Demon
XMan Milk MephistophelesX
Forum Member

fucking lua cant even do maths FUCK this explains why I had so mamy problems trying to have fun, try it yourself
Code:
if 1.4 - 1 == 0.4 then
print("true")
elseif 1.4 - 1 == 0.4 - 10^-16 then
print("false")
end
returns
Code:
false

Last edited by Semen Demon; 08-15-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #109
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j4kP_nqoSI

Fuck you, Konami...
Old 08-17-2016, 07:15 PM   #110
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
Looks like the army fighting zombies more like it.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:32 PM   #111
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

Twitter: nattajerk
Tumblr: kaggentoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semen Demon View Post
fucking lua cant even do maths FUCK this explains why I had so mamy problems trying to have fun, try it yourself
Code:
if 1.4 - 1 == 0.4 then
print("true")
elseif 1.4 - 1 == 0.4 - 10^-16 then
print("false")
end
returns
Code:
false
This is a common problem with floating point numbers, it's not Lua but a limitation of how computers represent fractional numbers.

http://floating-point-gui.de/basic/

Try rounding your number to a specific precision:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/SimpleRound
Old 08-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #112
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Well, Crapcom jumped off the boat with RE7 and they had that pachinko IP idling...so why not? =P

Just sucks to think that if they made a miitomo-like mobile app it would be more popular than this one LOL

But in all seriousness, IMO it's just another chapter of Konami-Kojima drama. He stole Silent Hills project to release as a new IP so Konami returned the favor by rubbing shit at his most precious creation (again).
Old 08-17-2016, 10:43 PM   #113
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Trying to find a decent way to create a simple tile-based "game" in Visual Studio.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #114
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Trying to find a decent way to create a simple tile-based "game" in Visual Studio.
I hear you. lol From playing with unity for a few months already i got to a conclusion..."things are never simple."
Old 08-18-2016, 04:40 PM   #115
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

By tile based, do you mean like a top view game like final fantasy 6 or do you mean something else?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #116
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soriel View Post
By tile based, do you mean like a top view game like final fantasy 6 or do you mean something else?
I'd assume he means like tactics/strategy kind of game. Having cursor and objects snapping from tile to tile instead of moving freely.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #117
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soriel View Post
Think retro as fuck. Like Chips Challenge.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #118
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Stupid work day was shitty as I had guessed it would end up. So I had to pass the day, deciding for my side of the floor what to do all day with a 15 YO girl (who also happens to be slutty since she doesn't hesitate to say she lost her virginity and speak of her last fucks, not the kind of woman that grab my attention) and a 17 YO young woman. Nothing too hard to do, just cutting veggies and fruits as well as making some salads. Decision was, we end all that for mealtime. Reallity is harsh, the 17YO is slow as it cannot be humanelly possible (took her around 4 hours just to make two dezens of fruit salad, which should normally take maximum 2 hours, she also went eating around 13:45, which would put us in deep shit AND she did not listen to one of my instruction, which was skip some of the production since tehre was aparently enough) while the 15YO, which also has a tendency to stop working when speaking or slow down when she does not want to do something was talking back on some of my decisoins to try and save the day! Told her at around 9:50 10 minutes to end what she was doing and she said no. I ened up eating at 12:40 when I was supposed to go eat at 12! No professional conciense and lack of care made this a really bad day. It seems I was the only one that cared about the production being done well.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:04 AM   #119
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Windowns 10. It's on my laptop, it's shitty and cause lots and lots of problems on my laptop. I don,t want updates and yet, it updates itself without my approbation. Gonna switch it for linux soon.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #120
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Working 10 hour shift without lunch.

-Issue from this morning took 4 hours to figure out
-Had to help at trainee for about an hour and a half since a system admin had a stick up his ass about a required emergency install
-2.5 hours looking into an email issue
-And about an hour for misc. shit

And it doesn't help my morale has been shit this week due to personal problems/finding out my company is making cuts and I'm skeptical about when they set their sights on internal assets

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum