Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #121
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
Working 10 hour shift without lunch.
Could be worse, I did that for almost 3 years. I eventually started taking working lunches because I was otherwise too busy to take break and no one could properly fill in for me on the days Visitation was going.

It's caused me to be extremely cynical over time, but then again I work at a prison.
I've developed a twisted sense of humor, but it helps keep moral up at work.
My friends outside of work say I've changed, and that is probably true.....but I deal with a lot and see a lot.
Things that used to bother me in the smallest, now don't really at all.
Getting guilt trips all the time from offenders about how they rationalize what they did, has become a bit of a trigger for me. Especially when I know what they did and I see them getting excited about it when they talk about it. However, it isn't my place to judge them, only to keep them safe while they are locked up.
Working long house, day after day, trying to keep in mind that visitors are important, family is important to these people....then see that they have a wife, girlfriend, and a mistress just so they get more money put on their books.
It is amazing what you deal with in this job, and even more amazing that unlike Police or Firefighters......correction officers don't go through mental evaluations periodically, or following a serious event such as having to fire a gun, see an inmate stab another inmate, or watch one die slowly in the hospital over weeks due to end stage illnesses.

Yet, day after day, a correction officer returns....does their job, and goes home to their family in hopes they can leave that at work...but knowing it is just something you tuck away behind a mask.

What pisses me off....is knowing that isn't what the media looks at when they attack the job I do. That isn't what anyone looks at from the outside. They just see the bad some of them do and think that is everyone working there, but never even looks into why some of the ones that do go bad....have gone bad.

Last edited by kitkat; 08-26-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #122
Teles
Forum Member

Seeing young people wearing socks and flip flips or sandals. Old people get a free pass since they are old and it's probably easier than tying shoes.

People who block an entire grocery aisle and ignore you when you ask them to please move so you can get by, then yell at you for slightly nudging their cart to make room.

People that cut me off and turn their blinker on when they are already in my lane. It's okay because I return the favor which posses them off, too. So it equalizes my karma.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #123
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
-snip-
Damn, that sounds brutal.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #124
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Just the reality of things.

Best part is, I finally get a promotion into a position that should help increase the over all functionality and retention of our Co, just to find out that Administration told my supervisors something they didn't tell myself or the 5 others that went into the position. Now it just sounds like the position is a glorified CO and we might not be able to perform the duties we hoped we would....and that is specifically being FTO's because it is something that is severely needed. I'm still a Sgt, and we were told our overtime couldn't be manditory to fill in a CO position because we are supervisors...only to find out they might be doing a loophole that I only heard about lastnight.

"We were told that we can't hold you over to fill a position, but we can collapse it and hold you as an 'extra body' so this way you aren't technically filling the post, but you'd still be doing its job."

Per the Union agreement that the CO are under, we can't fill those positions with anything but another CO as part of their Manditory Overtime agreement clause. This means that Admin created the FTO to use them in a manner that is loopholing the clause which is annoying. Granted I still get paid more and I'm still a supervisor, but it was like they made this so they could have quasi Lt that aren't salary fill in and be there.

Last edited by kitkat; 08-28-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:03 PM   #125
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

When another twice my age is being petty like a 5yo and doesnt stop being ragefull at whatever i may be dping for no reason at all. Thanks father for being an asshole again.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #126
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 6,332 Times in 3,341 Posts

Constant typhoon weather where I live O_o
Old 09-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #127
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

3 snipers on attack on an Overwatch game.

I'm really starting to hate team based games again...
Old 09-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #128
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

Seeing the 'Prisoners are Slaves" propaganda going around. I don't even know where to start with this because it is so jaded and biased without taking entire facts into account.

Sometimes I wonder if people read history at all.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:57 AM   #129
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Considering the direction we're going in, I doubt it.

Anyway...

Ordered new parts/monitor from NewEgg last week. Majority of it came in today. Only thing missing was the GPU, Monitor, and my card reader. Nothing that screams I can't start building.

After going through some hell of getting the mobo in, then taking it out to install the heatsink which was another pain in the ass I noticed that the RAM I ordered wasn't in the box. Sure enough it wasn't delivered even though the invoice says it was in the package.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #130
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

So... playing a, and it randomly crashes, restart the PC and the computer basically goes up in smoke... SO I need to get a new video card (last thing I saw was the screen going derp so presuming its the video card that went derp)

Luckily I have a laptop, unfortunately, it doesn't have all the stuff my main pc has in one way or another >.> (like website bookmarks, images, games etc)
Old 09-25-2016, 08:04 AM   #131
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

Its a pain the ass to find computer parts in Akihabara, the parts are like, everywhere.

One row is like...

CPUs, cpu fans, video cards, motherboards, CPu's, sound cards, video cards... why isn't the stuff in some sort of... order/sections O_o
Old 09-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #132
zangoose
WTF man...
Forum Member

I hate feeling like shit for long periods. There's almost a month i'm with no will of doing anything but digging a hole, curling inside and staying there for an year or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
Its a pain the ass to find computer parts in Akihabara, the parts are like, everywhere.

One row is like...

CPUs, cpu fans, video cards, motherboards, CPu's, sound cards, video cards... why isn't the stuff in some sort of... order/sections O_o
Be careful...by buying parts in Akihabara you may end with unexpected effects...

Old 09-27-2016, 01:29 AM   #133
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

LPers, especially for horror games.

Why is it so hard to try to find gameplay without some DBag talking over it and trying WAY too hard to be funny?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:17 AM   #134
catastrophie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Few weeks ago my mothers house caught fire .. everyone was okay and it was only room and contents.

I lost a 46in SAMSUNG OLED tv i got back in 2009 for around $1600. Insurance company says we will replace it with a 49in tv that is bottom of the line and on sale for 900 and subtracting 250 deductible ..

Meanwhile, had I not had renters insurance I would had more than enough money to just buy a replacement tv.... so yeah... happy no one was hurt .. not happy with my insurance company.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #135
Alacritas
nothing to see her
Forum Member

Tumblr: alacritas13

Some days ago, i made a weeding video for 2 of my guild members on youtube.
That video was not even up for 5 minutes and i already got 4 copyright claims.

Since when can ingame music be copyright claimed????

Even more funny, 4 months ago i upload a fun montage of world of warships, where i used video clips from diffrent movies. No claim on that video for some reason
Old 09-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #136
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Got my RAM in the mail today and got my PC built.

Except I'm one eSata cable shy of having it completed. None came with my SDD, HDD, or Blu Ray player and the mobo only provided 2.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:05 AM   #137
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei

That feeling you get when you are putting your computer back together... have 8 sata cables to connect... but you only have 5 sata devices, and when you check your system devices, you only see 2 devices.

What is all this shit aaahhh
Old 10-02-2016, 06:14 AM   #138
catastrophie
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Lack of matchmaker/communication in Destiny ... grrrr

My m.2 SSD or Win10 randomly dropping the drive from the device manager .... and no message as to why......
Old 10-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #139
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Wanting to cancel a hotel reservation but since I got it thought a "3rd party" (Translation: I booked on the site but the URL contained a query string for the event/discount I'm attending) I need to contact customer service in order to cancel.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #140
Corrderio
Man Who Sold The World
Forum Member

Trying around 5 MMOs in the past month and nothing really sticking. I'm starting to think it's a dead genre at this point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum