Hello! Does anyone has this expired Minato Aqua model? bowlroll.net/file/191098
Would be much appreicated!
Old 12-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #182
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchi View Post
Hello , can someone tell me why i have this issue with legs in MMD prog ? in PMX Editor all looks good .. its posible fix ?
https://youtu.be/gTbUgHPQCKA
From what I know, that issue is because of the bone order. As in, which bones are first in the draw order. Can you post a picture of your leg bones in the bone window in PMXe?

EDIT: Okay. I have gone back and looked at some of the models I have. And quite a few have this issue. It's not a bone order problem. I have an idea on what it is, but I want to see if your model is set up the same way. So, a picture of the bones of the model in the edit window would be good.

Last edited by Mythterious; 12-01-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #183
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

There's a certain angle the leg IKs have to be set to in order to work correctly (0.5 [ankle] and 1 degrees [toe] on PMD models, 114.5916 [ankle] and 229.1831 degrees [toe] on PMX models). The # of loops also needs to be set to 40 [ankle] and 3 [toe]. It often gets messed up when a PMD model is converted to PMX. That might be the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pmxIK.PNG
Views:	26
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	197305  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #184
Morgion
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Anyone know what the dl is for this model?
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18778820

Description seems to say dl is in the video but I can't seem to find the darned thing.
edit.. weird. clicking the link doesn't seem to work. If you copy and paste it in your url it works though.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:23 PM   #185
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
There's a certain angle the leg IKs have to be set to in order to work correctly (0.5 [ankle] and 1 degrees [toe] on PMD models, 114.5916 [ankle] and 229.1831 degrees [toe] on PMX models). The # of loops also needs to be set to 40 [ankle] and 3 [toe]. It often gets messed up when a PMD model is converted to PMX. That might be the problem.
For me, its when the bones get past a certain point, they flip. Pretty sure that's a limitation of MMD and is not something you can fix. I tried using rotation limits, but that just made it so much worse...
Old 12-02-2019, 03:10 AM   #186
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
For me, its when the bones get past a certain point, they flip. Pretty sure that's a limitation of MMD and is not something you can fix. I tried using rotation limits, but that just made it so much worse...
Leg IKs can do that sometimes, yes. It might be gimbal lock (when everything starts reading +-180 degrees), or the IK just might not be able to handle being moved in that direction.

Sometimes if you don't absolutely need to have the IKs active (like trying to make someone walk or jump) it's worth it to turn the IKs off and pose the legs using the leg bones instead. I've taken to doing that a lot when characters are static and sitting or laying down, it makes the legs much easier to work with because the control is more precise and it's impossible for wonky shit to happen.

Note also you CAN rotate the thigh and knee bones with the IKs still active, but it should generally only be done on the Z axis and may still go wonky at some angles.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #187
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

I've always thought it just spasm out if you raise the body higher than the total length of the ik chain.
moving the feet would fix it.

also a side note, is bowlroll loading forever for anyone else? its almost unusable.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #188
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
I've always thought it just spasm out if you raise the body higher than the total length of the ik chain.
moving the feet would fix it.

also a side note, is bowlroll loading forever for anyone else? its almost unusable.
It takes a while for the preview pictures to come up but the links seem accessible.

Where I run into issues is if I try to download more than one file at a time. The second file goes below 10KB/second until the first one finishes, and it usually fails the download well before it finishes unless I cancel and try again after the first one is done. I've had to drastically cut back on how fast I click links there. This doesn't happen on uxfc, nicosolid, Skydrive, Mediafire, Tstorage or any other uploaders.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #189
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

I've got a bunch of old .pmms I haven't been able to open for years because it says it can't find the model files and to select the correct ones, and when I do, even though I know they're the right models, MMD crashes. I know there's a program called PMMDump that is supposed to be able to spit out the motion information from the file, but it's a command-line program I haven't been able to figure out, and while I can get it to launch a GUI version of it I can't get it to spit out any actual data. Are there any other programs that can recover motion data from a PMM without opening it? If I had the motions I could reconstruct them.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #190
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
I've got a bunch of old .pmms I haven't been able to open for years because it says it can't find the model files and to select the correct ones, and when I do, even though I know they're the right models, MMD crashes. I know there's a program called PMMDump that is supposed to be able to spit out the motion information from the file, but it's a command-line program I haven't been able to figure out, and while I can get it to launch a GUI version of it I can't get it to spit out any actual data. Are there any other programs that can recover motion data from a PMM without opening it? If I had the motions I could reconstruct them.
tried in the past, but haven't figured that one myself.

however I can say you don't require the same model to load the pmm, I think it simply crashes after a certain number of unfound items.

you can probably fix it only by restoring the old address chain, so it doesn't prompt for file selection, but I never found a way to read all that gibberish to find the proper folder locations. from interpreting moon runes supposedly excel should work somehow
Old 12-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #191
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
tried in the past, but haven't figured that one myself.

however I can say you don't require the same model to load the pmm, I think it simply crashes after a certain number of unfound items.

you can probably fix it only by restoring the old address chain, so it doesn't prompt for file selection, but I never found a way to read all that gibberish to find the proper folder locations. from interpreting moon runes supposedly excel should work somehow
I know what the models are supposed to be, there's another utility called PMMLookUpper which tells you what models and accessories are in a pmm, including the file names. The problem is that MMD is supposed to say which model name is missing before prompting you to find it, but it doesn't display the name. And in a pmm with 30+ models it's impossible to guess which order they're supposed to be selected in to get it to open.

I don't have Excel but I tried opening the pmms in hex editor and in Notepad to see if I could note the bones and facials, and I don't even get Japanese text, just garbage characters.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 AM   #192
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

For the command line utility, copy your pmm to the same folder, open a terminal, change directory to that folder, meme.exe space comrademmdisaster'sthreeyearplan.pmm.

cat being electrocuted
Old 12-12-2019, 11:46 AM   #193
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
I had this issue before. What I did to fix ot was go threw and load each model by it self and skip everything else until you find out which model is causing the crash.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:12 PM   #194
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
I had this issue before. What I did to fix ot was go threw and load each model by it self and skip everything else until you find out which model is causing the crash.
Unfortunately that doesn't work either. There is no option to skip. If I select a few of them and then cancel, it just doesn't load any of them and I'm left with a blank white pmm.

Quote:
For the command line utility, copy your pmm to the same folder, open a terminal, change directory to that folder, meme.exe space comrademmdisaster'sthreeyearplan.pmm.
That didn't work either. Even after relocating the pmm all I could do was get it to spit out a log file that has a list of the models (which I already knew) and then it gets like two models into displaying the number of bones they have and displays an error like "invalid filename characters" and stops.

There are literally no weird characters in the file names, they're exactly the same as when I first made the pmm in 2012.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #195
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Unfortunately that doesn't work either. There is no option to skip. If I select a few of them and then cancel, it just doesn't load any of them and I'm left with a blank white pmm.

That didn't work either. Even after relocating the pmm all I could do was get it to spit out a log file that has a list of the models (which I already knew) and then it gets like two models into displaying the number of bones they have and displays an error like "invalid filename characters" and stops.

There are literally no weird characters in the file names, they're exactly the same as when I first made the pmm in 2012.
Did you move the model files to another drive? I know that caused some of my issues. I learned the hard way, its always a good idea to have a .vmd of each model for the pmm. So you can rebuild it from them.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:14 PM   #196
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Quote:
Did you move the model files to another drive? I know that caused some of my issues. I learned the hard way, its always a good idea to have a .vmd of each model for the pmm. So you can rebuild it from them.
Yeah, I know about that keeping vmds, I've done it for some of my stuff, but alas, not for this one. The other thing is that there are some things you can't save into a .vmd, like accessory data.

On both my computers I keep all my MMD stuff on the main drive (backups and stuff I haven't opened and sorted is on my external but nothing that actually gets used in a pmm is there). I haven't been able to open this pmm on either computer.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #197
slayerdude
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Use Subst

Hi there!

There is a Windows command that I find helpful called Subst. I had problem of MMD not finding effects and models when opening a project after Windows reinstallation or after moving my MMD folder with projects and resources to another place. How do I use subst command to prevent this problem?

Let's say we had our MMD folder in D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects but after Windows reinstallation or moving our MMD folder to another place path has changed from D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects/MMD to E:/Other Folder/MMD. If you have lots of projects referencing to the old path, it is easier to fake that path with Subst command like this:

Press Win+R and run cmd, Command Prompt will open up. Run 3 commands:
1. subst D: "E:/Other Folder/MMD"
2. mkdir "D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects/MMD"
3. move "D:/*" "D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects/MMD"

What do these commands do:
1. this will create new virtual drive with the letter D
2. this will recreate old folder path
3. this will move all the files from our MMD folder to the new MMD folder

After this operations MMD will think that nothing has changed and will open your project like before. The only problem is that sometimes you can't create virtual drive with the letter that is already occupied by real hardware.

As a new MMD user I prefer to pick rarely used drive letters running subst. For instance I have my real MMD folder inside F:/Projects/MMD, And I use subst X: F:/Projects/MMD to save my projects in the X: virtual drive. Why do I do this instead of using normal F:/Projects/MMD path? Because it gives me possibility to move my projects from one PC to another. Basically I can send you my project archive with all the models and effects in it and you will be able to open it in MMD with the help of subst command.

P.S: Sorry, this is my first post here and I already think that I gave unjustifiably hard workaround to solve a problem

Last edited by slayerdude; 12-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #198
slayerdude
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Use symbolic links

Another workaround in case if you do not plan to use your project in different PCs and won't be sending your projects to anyone, or simply If you have no ability to use old drive letter is using SymLinks.

Let's use the same scenario as before; we had old MMD path like D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects/MMD but now it is E:/Other Folder/MMD.
Actually we could just put MMD folder back to the old place, but what if we moved it because we didn't have enough space in drive D? We moved the folder and now MMD cries every time we open old projects. Just use symlinks like this:

Press Win+R and run cmd, Command Prompt will open up. Run 2 commands:
1. mkdir "D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects"
2. mklink /j "D:/SomeFolder/MyProjects/MMD" "E:/Other Folder/MMD"

What do these commands do:
1. this will recreate old folder path but without MMD folder in the end
2. this will create symlink named MMD, link connected to the new MMD folder path

Now MMD will think that nothing has changed.

P.S: I use this method to free up my SSD drive by moving application folders from C:\Program Files to another drive and making symlinks to them instead. Very helpful.

Last edited by slayerdude; 12-14-2019 at 02:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slayerdude For This Useful Post:
lewdmon (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #199
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdude View Post
P.S: I use this method to free up my SSD drive by moving application folders from C:\Program Files to another drive and making symlinks to them instead. Very helpful.
You're the first person using symlinks I've seen in over a decade. I feel like I should take a picture and frame it for posterity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster
If you're still having problems with it, you could if you wanted to, PM over the offending PMMs, but I don't see why'd it'd be any different for me.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:21 AM   #200
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh nagato
Forum Member

Well, nothing seems to have worked. It was a static image scene anyway, I have a general idea in my head of what it looked like so sooner or later I'll just try recreating it. Once I do any of the other 700 things I have planned.

For those of you who got that thicc Shizuku Oikawa model from Bowlroll, someone on the booru mentioned you could give her nipples textures by pulling them from the same modeler's Patchouli model. After doing that, I realized the pussy from that model could (with some serious work, their bodies aren't totally identical) be ported over too. Here's what I spent all day doing; it's got properly sized and positioned pussies for both of her models, all you have to do is import them and merge the group morphs. I also included the texture so you can just drop it into the folder, and there's a .csv to create a morph to fix her swimsuit model so her nipples don't poke through the fabric. There's also a read-me with in-depth instructions for those who aren't too familiar with PMXEditor.

Also I really like RGBA's boob physics. When I get around to redoing my Idolmaster set I may switch from Arrowhead's to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moo.png
Views:	125
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	197326  
Attached Files
File Type: zip 雫.zip (395.4 KB, 169 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat