http://ffxivtextools.dualwield.net/index.html

Developer Blog
[On Hold]

Discord
https://discord.gg/dVSMA8y

Source Code
https://github.com/liinko/FFXIV_TexTools2

Important!!

This version uses different formatting for the .modlist, and does not work with the previous version
If you experience issues, revert all changes in the previous version and delete the .modlist from the ffxiv folder

With the Stormblood update the .dat2 reached its limit and created an official .dat3, DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE!

Here is a list of known issues:

Go To in the modlist is not yet implemented
3D tab stays selected when switching to face paint or equipment decals

If you are having issues with crashing or textures not appearing in-game, use the Help > Check for problems option in the application.

Personal Note

I knew it would take a while to rebuild everything, but I think it's been worth it.
It's far from perfect, but I'll keep improving it over time and adding more features.

I definitely recommend checking out ioncannon's work over at
http://ffxivexplorer.fragmenterworks.com/
He's done a great job creating a file and model viewer.

Features

Loads textures from the games item list
Export textures as PNG or DDS for modification
Import modified textures for use in-game
All modifications are kept in separate list
Preview modifications with built-in 3D Model
Export 3D model as .OBJ file
Export 3D materials
Importing different sized textures (Can upscale/downscale textures)

Upcoming Changes/Additions

Application
Improve memory management
Improve loading times

Textures:
Add more texture categories

3D:
Importing

This list is in no way a priority list.

Feel free to request any particular textures you are interested in, or anything you find that is missing.

Screenshots

A tutorial on how to use the application is on the second post.

How to install
1. Extract to your preferred location.
2. Open folder and run FFXIV TexTools 2.exe
3. You will be prompted to point to your ffxiv folder
Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\sqpack\ffxiv

The zip contains the application, and a required dlls.

It is recommended to manually backup your 040000.win32.index and index2 files.

Two files are automatically generated in the ffxiv folder, the new dat file and a 040000.modlist file, which contains the old and new location of the modified textures for reverting and restoring mods.

Download

FFXIV TexTools2.zip

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1...is/1501216458/

If you find any bugs or the application crashes please reply here, submit a bug report, or hop on discord, let me know what you were trying to do and what the error message, if any, says.

Donate:

Hours upon hours of work have gone into making this application possible, from researching the raw files to making them available for export and import as DDS and making sure they work correctly in-game.
If you like my work, consider donating, it will go towards continuing development and keeping my FFXIV sub active.

Changelog
Code:
7/27/2017
Significant changes to the code, see github for more details. Application: - Application is no longer in beta. - Changed lighting and reflection checkboxes to buttons which now cycle through values - Texture or Model tab now stay selected when switching between items - Selected texture map stays selected when switching between races/parts/types - Color channel checkboxes stay selected when switching between texture maps - Added index backup option, backs up to new folder "Index_Backups" - Now checks if the game has updated in order to apply fixes and do backups 3D: - Added mounts under the demihuman category (chocobos, magitek armor, etc.) - More tweaks to the shader Textures: - Added VFX textures for items that have effects Bug Fixes: - Minor bugfixes
7/10/2017
Bug Fixes: - Fixed an issue where some items 3D model would cause a crash due to different texture sizes - Fixed an issue where some items textures were race specific and would cause a crash when viewing the 3D model - Fixed an issue where most SB items would cause the game to crash when changing colorsets
7/03/2017
Application: - Added a transparency checkbox for 3D models - Added a change reflections checkbox for 3D models - Disabled virtualization in treeview as it was causing issues with old items being selected while scrolling 3D: - Updated 3D viewer to custom shaders for more accurate results - All items that have a 3D model should now be viewable - Added support for reading and viewing more than 2 meshes Textures: - Changed the pixelformat of saved files to bmp to support separate alpha channel Bug Fixes: - Fixed an issue where not all mounts and minions were being displayed - Fixed an issue where extracted OBJ files had incorrect texture coordinates - Fixed an issue where some objects were not being disposed of properly causing increasing memory consumption - Other minor bug fixes
6/20/2017
Hotfix: -Fixed issue where check for problems was writing 4 instead of 5 -Fixed issue where textures with small mipmaps were not being imported properly causing crashes.
6/19/2017
Additions: - Modlist toggle now fully functional - Image will now auto-update when importing & enabling/disabling - The application will now check for updates on startup Bug Fixes: - Fixed issue where DX11 textures were saving with 4 -'s instead of 2 - Fixed issue where the textures original offset was not being saved correctly in modlist when replaced with larger texture - Fixed issue where compressed data was not being calculated correctly for imported textures - Fixed issue where attempting to export colorsets for items that are not dyable ingame would cause application to crash - Fixed issue where importing a colorset that was already in the modlist would not enable the mod - Changed dat detection of Check for Problems from 4 to 5
6/18/2017
Now compatible with Stormblood!! Additions: - Setting to turn modlist on/off for those using other means of creating mods *not fully functional yet* - A lot of exception handling which should pop up with an error message instead of just crashing the application. - d3dcompiler dlls, to run 3D for those on older windows OSs Bug Fixes: - Fixed issue where index2 was not being read or written to properly - Fixed issue where colorset would cause crashes if imported more than once
6/12/2017
Beta Release Quick Fix: added file access checks

Last edited by linko; 07-27-2017 at 11:37 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Etrius (06-13-2017), Eventime (06-12-2017), fayaine (06-18-2017), garath (06-12-2017), Kanikou (06-14-2017), Lidiha (07-09-2017), Lyntz (06-13-2017), pipoket (06-12-2017), Semen Demon (06-13-2017), Sense (06-14-2017), trobnal (06-19-2017), Wren (06-18-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Application Tutorial:
When you open the application for the first time it will ask you to locate your FFXIV data folder.

It is usually something like this, unless you specified a different folder during install

C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\sqpack\ffxiv

Example:

Explorer
The application will then begin loading the list of available textures, the list will grow to support most if not all textures in the game.

You will find that the list is sorted into categories including: equipment slots, character, mounts, minions, etc.

The items within these categories are sorted alphabetically to make it easier to find certain textures.

Search
You may also use the search function for quick access to specific textures.
It will start filtering the list when 3 or more characters have been typed in

After Selecting
When a texture is selected and loaded, the default Race, Texture Map, and Part will be selected.

A drop down menu will be disabled when there is only 1 available item to select, as it is already selected. This makes it easier to determine if there is multiple Races, Texture Maps, or Parts for that item.

Race
If there are different textures for specific races they will appear on the Race drop down menu, most textures however are shared among all races, in which case the default will be selected and the drop down menu will be disabled.
Midlander Male is the common default texture for Male Only and Regular equipment
Midlander Female is the common default texture for Female Only equipment
Texture Map
There are 4 types of available textures and a ColorSet that can appear in the Texture Map drop down.

Diffuse - A type of color map, in FFXIV a stain or dye can sometimes go over or get mixed with this texture
Normal - Gives the illusion of height based on light reflections, its blue channel contains the textures alpha, and the alpha channel contains a gray-scale index for colors.
Specular - Affects the reflectiveness or how shiny a texture is
Mask - A channel packed texture | More info here: http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/ChannelPacking
Part
Some items have different parts to them, mostly within the combined categories such as Head+Body, where part a would be the body and part b the head.
Type
In addition to some textures having parts, some also have certain types, these include some mounts, hair, and face textures
Saving, Importing, and Reverting
For each texture you will have 4 options

Initially only Save PNG and Save DDS will be available

Save PNG - Saves the texture as a regular .png file, it is mainly there so you can have a preview of the texture file.

Save DDS - Saves the texture as a DirectDraw Surface, this is the file we modify in Photoshop.

Import - Once a texture has been modified, clicking import will write it into the new .dat4 file and update the index file to point to it.

Enable/Disable - The text in this button will change depending on whether the texture is currently modified or not.

Once you've selected a texture you would like to modify you can click on save DDS to save the texture file.

The saved DDS file will be located within the FFXIV TexTools folder in this format:
FFXIV TexTools 2/Saved/Category/Item/Texture.dds

for example:
FFXIV TexTools 2/Saved/Body/Hempen Tabard/v15_c0101e0011_top_n.dds

Note:Save PNG will save to same location

The Texture Viewer

On the top left we have the Texture Type, this will tell you in what format you must save the texture from Photoshop.

Bottom left is the texture's dimensions

Top right is the checkboxes for switching color channels, this makes it easier to look at the modifications, without having to open the texture in photoshop

The 3D Model Tab

drop downs from left to right
Race: The different races that have a 3D model available
Mesh: The different meshes available for the model
Part/Type: The different parts of the item *not yet implemented*
Buttons
Export OBJ + Materials: exports the currently displayed model as an OBJ file with a custom made Diffuse file and the Normal with alpha removed
Import & Revert: *Not yet Implemented*
Controls:
Zoom: Mouse Wheel
Pan: Left Mouse Button
Rotate: Right Mouse Button
Back View: B
Front View: F
Top View: U
Bottom View: D
Left View: L
Right View: R
Menus

View
Mod List - Displays the contents of the modlist
Importer - Import mods created by others *Not yet implemented*
Options
Directories - Modify your ffxiv and save location
Disable All Mods - Modify index file to point to the original textures for anything that has been modified. Recommend using before any major patch
ReEnable All Mods - Modify the index file to point to all the modified textures again.
DX Version - Change DX Version

Help
Check for problems - Checks for known problems that can be easily solved
Report Bug - Directs you to website for reporting a bug with the application

Last edited by linko; 07-01-2017 at 12:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
jako992146 (06-15-2017), Kanikou (06-14-2017)
Old 06-13-2017, 12:12 AM   #3
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Texture Tutorial:
We will need some way to modify DDS files, I will be using the Nvidia Texture Tools Plugin for Photoshop and Intel Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop in this tutorial.

Nvidia Texture Tools Plugin: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-...dobe-photoshop

Intel Texture Tools Plugin: https://gametechdev.github.io/Intel-...-Works-Plugin/

The reason we need both of them is that Nvidia opens color files incorrectly, but can save them just fine, and Intel can open color files just fine, but does not have the option to save in that format.
Opening and Saving

When opening a DDS file in Photoshop always check the Load Transparency as Alpha channel box.

To save the file we go to File > Save As

And we want to change Save as type from Intel Texture Works to D3D/DDS

When saving take a look at the Texture Type in the info box

Here are the settings for each Texture Type

DXT1

DXT5

RGBA

64bit A16B16G16R16F

Transparency
To affect transparency of a texture, we use the Normal Texture Map.

It is in the blue channel, so you can preview it by having only B selected in the color channel checkboxes.

Once the texture is open in Photoshop we then go to the textures channels

The one that is going to affect transparency will be the blue channel, but before we select that channel we want to select what part of the texture we would like to make transparent.

Like so:

We then select the blue channel

Now on the blue channel, we color in the selected parts black

We then save as a DXT5 texture.

Now on the same texture in the application we click on import, and we're done.

Here's the in game before and after

Color

In the applications Texture Map drop down we select and save ColorSet as a DDS.

This will be a very small 4 x 16 texture, zooming in to 3200% in Photoshop will make it clearly visible

For modifying colors I use the pencil tool at 1px size.

Here's are the different sections that make up the color texture.

The color file after modification

After modifying the colors we click on import on the application.

The results of the modified color

Metallic modification

Glow + Color Modification

Adding more colors to a texture

The Normal Map and the Color Map are linked through the Alpha Channel

Here's how,
The alpha channel in the Normal Map ranges from white to black with different shades for different sections of the texture.

I will be using Bridesmaids Tights as an example.

The colors between black and white are broken up into 16 segments in the color texture.

Note: the extra row to the left is not part of the color and put there as a reference.

Here is an updated reference palette you may use with accurate color representation

A big thank you goes out to tl13l who took the time to make this palette accurate

If there is anything within the first two columns of the color texture, the gray color shown directly to its left is the color is what is used in the alpha channel for color.

So as an example, I chose to create a color where there was none before in the first two columns.

I randomly selected an empty/white spot and colored in blue for color, black for metallic, and blue again for glow.

I then grabbed the gray color associated with that section(highlighted in red), went over to the alpha channel in the Normal Map and proceeded to change the section of the texture I wanted to paint in that new color.

Before -> After

Then it is just saving, importing and done.

In-Game:

This can be replicated with any piece of equipment, you have 16 segments that can all be different colors, metallic shine, and glow, which can then be painted onto any part of the texture. This makes it coloring of any texture highly customizable.

Body, Face, and hair

Currently the application supports DX11 uncompressed textures for Body, Face, and Hair.

They are better quality than the DX9 version of the textures as they are uncompressed so they need to be saved differently in Photoshop.

Face Paint

For Face Paint textures, anything colored white will show up as face paint for the selected color in-game.
The intensity of the white color reflects the intensity of the paint in-game.

Combining Face Paints

I'll be combining eye shadow with freckles

First open both files you'd like to combine in Photoshop

Then copy and paste one of the textures on top of the other, you'll want to paste on top of the texture you are looking to replace, in my case I'll be pasting on top of the freckles texture, so that when I select freckles in game it will have both.

You will now have 2 layers, one for each of the textures

At this point there are several ways to do this but essentially we want to delete the black part of the top layer

I use the magic wand tool, set tolerance to 15 and select anywhere black

I then just hit Delete

Which leaves me with this

Then in the Layer menu we either Merge Visible or Flatten Image

We then follow the same saving procedures, File > Save as, change Save as type to D3D/DDS, overwrite existing, and save as a DXT1

Then import in the application.

In-Game

Last edited by linko; 06-13-2017 at 12:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Kanikou (06-14-2017), trobnal (06-15-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
CeruleanCourtesan
Forum Member

Stormblood added a new 040000.win32.dat3 file that is 204mb in size.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	56
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	184007
I imagine that might change some stuff to do with how TexTools operates, so I just wanted to point it out. It would also be worth updating the instructions so people don't inadvertently screw-up their game install by deleting the new .dat3 file that is now part of XIV.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #5
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleanCourtesan View Post
Stormblood added a new 040000.win32.dat3 file that is 204mb in size.
Attachment 184007
I imagine that might change some stuff to do with how TexTools operates, so I just wanted to point it out. It would also be worth updating the instructions so people don't inadvertently screw-up their game install by deleting the new .dat3 file that is now part of XIV.
If you are exclusively using textools and nothing else, it doesnt affect it's operation at all, textools does not and has never modified the existing datX's
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy Incognito For This Useful Post:
CeruleanCourtesan (06-16-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #6
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Default Update

Updated to support Stormblood expansion!!

Some behind the scene things that happen:
As you may or may not know, TexTools relied on making a new .dat to store all the modded files.

The .dat that was used for this was .dat3 as .dat0-2 were already taken. The .dat# files can only hold up to 2GB of data, and as of the Stormblood expansion , the .dat2 exceeded this and thus created a .dat3. This was a problem as TexTools was previously using .dat3, so a .dat4 had to be created to write the modded files in.

Some things had to be changed around in the way TexTools imports as to support a .dat4 instead of a .dat3 as well as changing the index file to look all the way up to a .dat4.
It should be all working, although the application is still in beta as it has not been thoroughly tested and can still have some bugs. That and the fact that it's still missing in my opinion some key features such as alerting to back up the .index files, and not crashing on some 3D files, etc.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #7
Ghost138
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Directory Error?

Getting a Directory Error? I've linked and pointed to the directory it has asked and keeps giving me an error. What am i doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	34
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	184074  
Old 06-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #8
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost138 View Post
Getting a Directory Error? I've linked and pointed to the directory it has asked and keeps giving me an error. What am i doing wrong?
Are you sure you are using the most recent version uploaded just today?

That was happening with the old version.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #9
Frowny
Forum Member

Not sure what is going on, but an old texture I used is not loading right. I had one of the pubic hair mods and for some (mainly the Xaela texture and all of the normals) when I import them they are completely black in the program; Raen, Highlander and Midlander textures work without issue. Below is my mod list to show what the program is showing me.

http://puu.sh/wqAFO/ac80fab194.jpg

If you want the actual textures/normals to test on your end I can zip em and upload. Above all, thank you for the tool ^^
Old 06-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frowny View Post
Not sure what is going on, but an old texture I used is not loading right. I had one of the pubic hair mods and for some (mainly the Xaela texture and all of the normals) when I import them they are completely black in the program; Raen, Highlander and Midlander textures work without issue. Below is my mod list to show what the program is showing me.

http://puu.sh/wqAFO/ac80fab194.jpg

If you want the actual textures/normals to test on your end I can zip em and upload. Above all, thank you for the tool ^^
Someone else ran into this issue before, from what I can tell, it is an issue that happens when the texture has no mipmaps.

In order to fix it all I had to do was open up the texture in photoshop and save it with the correct settings. If you don't have photoshop I can do it if you upload the files.
The Following User Says Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
Frowny (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #11
Frowny
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko View Post
Someone else ran into this issue before, from what I can tell, it is an issue that happens when the texture has no mipmaps.

In order to fix it all I had to do was open up the texture in photoshop and save it with the correct settings. If you don't have photoshop I can do it if you upload the files.
Ahhhh I see. I'll investigate if Gimp is capable of this sometime tonight. Thanks for the guidance.

Edit: Using a plugin, it appears to work! Just needed to Export and make sure it generated mipmaps as you said. Cheers!

Last edited by Frowny; 06-21-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:15 PM   #12
Calekai
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Just got a fresh computer and with it a fresh install of Stormblood and Textools.
The issue is that nothing seems to be loading in textools.

I've directed it to my sqpack>ffxiv folder and it opens up with all of the textures listed, but when I click on them they don't load in the viewer and the buttons are all grayed out except:
-The second dropdown menu, which I can open for a list of blank white.
-The "Export PNG" which crashes textools
-The "Export DDS" which also crashes textools

The modlist and .dat4 are both in the ffxiv folder.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

I can't post links because I literally made this account just now for this post, which here's a gyazo link of it if you feel like copy-pasting. i.gyazo.com/0eff0a9b59c5e0da613830c3b734e4b0.png
Old 07-01-2017, 04:07 AM   #13
CeruleanCourtesan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calekai View Post
Just got a fresh computer and with it a fresh install of Stormblood and Textools.
The issue is that nothing seems to be loading in textools.

I've directed it to my sqpack>ffxiv folder and it opens up with all of the textures listed, but when I click on them they don't load in the viewer and the buttons are all grayed out except:
-The second dropdown menu, which I can open for a list of blank white.
-The "Export PNG" which crashes textools
-The "Export DDS" which also crashes textools

I can't post links because I literally made this account just now for this post, which here's a gyazo link of it if you feel like copy-pasting. i.gyazo.com/0eff0a9b59c5e0da613830c3b734e4b0.png
Looking at your screenshot, I see you're missing 040000.win32.dat3, which you shouldn't be.
Liinko didn't update the original post to reflect the fact that SE added new content into a dat3 file which needs to stay put, and not be deleted.
You'll have to redownload the entire game to get that back unless someone here on the forum has uploaded the vanilla 040000.win32.dat3.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #14
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calekai View Post

As CeruleanCourtesan said, the fact that there is no .dat3 indicates that it was either manually deleted, or that Stormblood was not installed. TexTools was updated to support that official .dat3, however it is not necessarily required, it would give an error or crash when trying to load from that .dat.

Some follow up questions if the problem persists:

Are the items in the other categories showing up correctly?
Is the problem happening on all items?
Are you using a different client such as Korean or Chinese?
Do any error messages show when selecting something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleanCourtesan View Post
Looking at your screenshot, I see you're missing 040000.win32.dat3, which you shouldn't be.
Liinko didn't update the original post to reflect the fact that SE added new content into a dat3 file which needs to stay put
Thanks for the heads up, I fixed the original post to say not to delete the .dat3 as it is an official file now.
The Following User Says Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
CeruleanCourtesan (07-01-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #15
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Big update for 3D

- All items should have a working 3D model now for every category, including some mounts and minions that were missing. (Chocobos and magitek mounts still don't function correctly)

- Created a custom shader to bring it the closest to what it looks like in-game as possible, it's still being worked on and tweaked, but I think it's pretty close.

- You can also turn on transparency which will make the gear semi-transparent, allowing you to see the body underneath. This is to help in knowing the limits of what you can make transparent on the gear without creating a hole through your character.

- Some of the items are either too reflective or not reflective enough, so I've added a change reflections button to change how reflective the item is, you might have to check and uncheck it a few times to get it right.

- Things with more than 2 meshes now show up correctly so no more missing pieces on some gear.

- Saving the 3D model now provides more accurate textures to use in external applications, such as blender.

Also important to note, the application might load things a little slower because I turned of virtualization for the item list, it shouldn't be too noticeable but the issue where you would scroll and things you selected previously would reselect themselves should no longer happen.

Switching between the available options within a 3D item will be a little slower as well, as I set the previous item to be disposed for better memory management.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to linko For This Useful Post:
CeruleanCourtesan (07-03-2017), Ghost138 (07-04-2017), Lyntz (07-04-2017), Sense (07-07-2017), trobnal (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #16
Ghost138
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Default Error Loading Textures

Getting a crash when loading up textures... I backed up my files to vanilla and still getting an error. Deleted the .modlist and the .dat4 still not working.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	42
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	184398  
Old 07-08-2017, 12:43 AM   #17
Sense
Nobody
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linko View Post
Big update for 3D

- All items should have a working 3D model now for every category, including some mounts and minions that were missing. (Chocobos and magitek mounts still don't function correctly)

- Created a custom shader to bring it the closest to what it looks like in-game as possible, it's still being worked on and tweaked, but I think it's pretty close.

- You can also turn on transparency which will make the gear semi-transparent, allowing you to see the body underneath. This is to help in knowing the limits of what you can make transparent on the gear without creating a hole through your character.

- Some of the items are either too reflective or not reflective enough, so I've added a change reflections button to change how reflective the item is, you might have to check and uncheck it a few times to get it right.

- Things with more than 2 meshes now show up correctly so no more missing pieces on some gear.

- Saving the 3D model now provides more accurate textures to use in external applications, such as blender.

Also important to note, the application might load things a little slower because I turned of virtualization for the item list, it shouldn't be too noticeable but the issue where you would scroll and things you selected previously would reselect themselves should no longer happen.

Switching between the available options within a 3D item will be a little slower as well, as I set the previous item to be disposed for better memory management.
Thanks for all the effort Linko, keeping that small hope of working on custom body meshes alive.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #18
linko
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost138 View Post
Getting a crash when loading up textures... I backed up my files to vanilla and still getting an error. Deleted the .modlist and the .dat4 still not working.
What windows version are you on?
Is it only body that does that or all textures?
Is there a view details when windows finishing checking for solutions? If so can you upload the details.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #19
Aurial
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

So im trying to follow the exact guide on making a part of a model transparent, and i can get all the way to Saving the texture before i run into a problem.

when look at the texture and channels in Photoshop i have no issues.
i can look at them all, select what i want, Go to the Blue channel (selecting only blue) and painting the selected area black.
Go back to the RGB view and everything that i painted black now appears brown as transparent (just like the stuff that was transparent before i added to it).

When i go to Save the texture, using the exact settings as shown in the picture guide, It doesnt want to save properly.. I get this
(attached below)

I have no idea why its taking the whole thing and making it white and yellow.
i can import the texture back into TexTools2 and relaunch to preview it in the 3d model tab, but it looks wrong. the color is all washed out and grey.. The parts i wanted to disappear were indeed gone, but the whole thing is colored wrong.

On top of that if i try to launch the game with that texture enabled. i get DX11 error and crash.

any help to figure out why this wont save properly would be appricated.

Windows 10, Photoshop CS6, and both DDS plugins listed in the inital post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AhdKc6N.png
Views:	33
Size:	695.5 KB
ID:	184497  
Old 07-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #20
CeruleanCourtesan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurial View Post
So im trying to follow the exact guide on making a part of a model transparent, and i can get all the way to Saving the texture before i run into a problem.

when look at the texture and channels in Photoshop i have no issues.
i can look at them all, select what i want, Go to the Blue channel (selecting only blue) and painting the selected area black.
Go back to the RGB view and everything that i painted black now appears brown as transparent (just like the stuff that was transparent before i added to it).

When i go to Save the texture, using the exact settings as shown in the picture guide, It doesnt want to save properly.. I get this
(attached below)

I have no idea why its taking the whole thing and making it white and yellow.
i can import the texture back into TexTools2 and relaunch to preview it in the 3d model tab, but it looks wrong. the color is all washed out and grey.. The parts i wanted to disappear were indeed gone, but the whole thing is colored wrong.

On top of that if i try to launch the game with that texture enabled. i get DX11 error and crash.

any help to figure out why this wont save properly would be appricated.

Windows 10, Photoshop CS6, and both DDS plugins listed in the inital post.
I can't help you with that error, but I recognize that normal map and I see you're trying to make the skirt part of the female Ninja Hakama transparent, so in the meantime, here's a working normal map for that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip v01_c0201e0170_dwn_n.zip (145.8 KB, 27 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to CeruleanCourtesan For This Useful Post:
Aurial (07-11-2017)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion