Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 02:11 AM   #21
OliveOiled
RandomHyur's partner.
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 242
Thanks: 317
Thanked 763 Times in 107 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
I can link it up top, but it'd help a lot if it was kept in one location or something.

Previous backups are all over the place.
Here is a link to them. I've tried zipping them but it's had strange results before. If there is a better way to upload these, let me know.
OliveOiled is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #22
EunHeeSoon
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Thanks: 22
Thanked 30 Times in 4 Posts

Default

It is kinda funny, and at the same time absolutely glorious, how basically everyone here is united in the whole 'Screw you, Scumbag!' attitude towards Naughtywvr, after not only basically disappearing for 2 years, but also then pulling a dick move like the one he did.
EunHeeSoon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EunHeeSoon For This Useful Post:
Raptor Aurion (06-18-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #23
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 27 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunHeeSoon View Post
It is kinda funny, and at the same time absolutely glorious, how basically everyone here is united in the whole 'Screw you, Scumbag!' attitude towards Naughtywvr, after not only basically disappearing for 2 years, but also then pulling a dick move like the one he did.
There would be no issue if there was a timely bugfix released over a year ago today, or if 2.0 contained substantial changes, but for the moment, it is basically what he promised to release as a fix.

For all intents and purposes, 2.0 is mainly for new users because 1.x ran out of keys, yet the most obvious response is: you can add more keys to 1.x and/or release the same fixes simultaneously with 1.x.

And yet it didnt (not yet anyway, it's not impossible he changes his mind, I'm trying to be as neutral of a point of view as I reasonably can)
Guy Incognito is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #24
Cassie
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EunHeeSoon View Post
It is kinda funny, and at the same time absolutely glorious, how basically everyone here is united in the whole 'Screw you, Scumbag!' attitude towards Naughtywvr, after not only basically disappearing for 2 years, but also then pulling a dick move like the one he did.
It isn't a "dick" move when there was radio silence for ages and his first update is "I've changed nothing but please give me more money!" I doubt many would mind paying extra if they were actually given something.

Which reminds me. Has the invisible butt issue ever been fixed; you know when you zone out too far?
Cassie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #25
garath
Miqo'te Enthusiast
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Look behind you!
Posts: 491
Tumblr: garath79
Thanks: 745
Thanked 749 Times in 165 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
It isn't a "dick" move when there was radio silence for ages and his first update is "I've changed nothing but please give me more money!" I doubt many would mind paying extra if they were actually given something.

Which reminds me. Has the invisible butt issue ever been fixed; you know when you zone out too far?
That's actually under system configuration in your graphic settings,
Uncheck the box that says "Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD)
garath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:01 AM   #26
Cassie
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garath View Post
That's actually under system configuration in your graphic settings,
Uncheck the box that says "Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD)
Never knew that. Thank you! <3

Been annoying me for ages too.
Cassie is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cassie For This Useful Post:
garath (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #27
garath
Miqo'te Enthusiast
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Look behind you!
Posts: 491
Tumblr: garath79
Thanks: 745
Thanked 749 Times in 165 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Never knew that. Thank you! <3

Been annoying me for ages too.
You're welcome =)
garath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:17 AM   #28
hatsune2miku
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 36
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default

Did the author upgrade the resolution of skin textures? They looks worse than the original ones in 1.x version.
hatsune2miku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:36 AM   #29
Morgana
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsune2miku View Post
Did the author upgrade the resolution of skin textures? They looks worse than the original ones in 1.x version.
use your own texture
Morgana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:04 AM   #30
hatsune2miku
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 36
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
use your own texture
Can you show me how to use my own texture? Thanks.
hatsune2miku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #31
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 27 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsune2miku View Post
Can you show me how to use my own texture? Thanks.
Other people have made their own custom textures, you can use textools to import them
Guy Incognito is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #32
hatsune2miku
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 36
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
Other people have made their own custom textures, you can use textools to import them
I used to use textools to exchange the texture but nothing changed in game, is there anything need to note?
hatsune2miku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #33
Ghost138
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 9
Thanks: 3
Thanked 17 Times in 2 Posts

Default Deleted my Game Files

So this mod deleted my game files... I followed to back them up but im missing one... and thats the 200mb file... thanks stupid mod o/ now i have to redownload the whole fucking 60gb game.
Ghost138 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #34
CeruleanCourtesan
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost138 View Post
So this mod deleted my game files... I followed to back them up but im missing one... and thats the 200mb file... thanks stupid mod o/ now i have to redownload the whole fucking 60gb game.
Some of the information in the various threads here might still be out of date. Also, if you have an older version of NaughtyWVR's patch, it won't tell you to back up the new 040000.win32.dat3 in the readme. SE added 040000.win32.dat3 with Stormblood expansion which needs to be backed-up as well when you want to delete the modified files and restore the vanilla ones.
CeruleanCourtesan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #35
Guy Incognito
Regular Forum User
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 57 Times in 27 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleanCourtesan View Post
Some of the information in the various threads here might still be out of date. Also, if you have an older version of NaughtyWVR's patch, it won't tell you to back up the new 040000.win32.dat3 in the readme. SE added 040000.win32.dat3 with Stormblood expansion which needs to be backed-up as well when you want to delete the modified files and restore the vanilla ones.
You dont need to back it up if this is the only mod you're using, it doesnt touch 040000.dat3.

It's not a bad idea to do a full backup every now and then regardless.
Guy Incognito is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #36
Sense
Nobody
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 57
Thanks: 47
Thanked 107 Times in 26 Posts

Default

Hey you mentioned VRS, do you know where I can get it or how much it costs? I couldn't find it with google so I feel pretty dumb.
Sense is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:21 AM   #37
iriscal
Member
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Default

okay
you know what
fuck it
I'll teach a man to fish and feed him for life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pJpBBUha1I
iriscal is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iriscal For This Useful Post:
aser (07-16-2017), jako992146 (07-16-2017), MagicianOfChaos (07-17-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 PM   #38
katana
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default

Does anyone have any advice on reusing the edited 3D models shipped in Naughtywvr's mod?

I'm looking at trying to reuse them specifically for the body model used with the Moonfire Halter - I've got the textures edited appropriately and had them working with TexTools 2, but because the model underneath isn't fleshed out, it goes transparent and looks awful...the exact opposite of what I was looking for.
katana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » FFXIV DAT Section » General Discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

design by: Themes by Design


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
punch-dnaAll company, product, system names and/or company logos and marks are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners. If you are the copyright holder of any material found on this site and believe it has been used unfairly please contact one of the forum administrators.