Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Ravonies
Banned

Default Do it your self, wonder med's. (not illegal)

As it says.....

What have you made for yourself that has worked wonders on cuts and such, that had no nasty after effect.

Were not talking crack or weed.... were talking Leagal things that you can mix to make something better for healing with no addictions.

Also.... it has to be made with legal things, useing perscription drugs and such is out of the idea..... and no Aphrodisiacs please... were talking healing not geting high.

Last edited by Ravonies; 01-05-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Ravonies
Banned

For me it is this.......

HydroHaloPhikenProuphin or HHPI

Made from

Rubbing alcohol, H2O2(3% soluton), and Kempophanink(sp) all in the same ammount.... 1.6ml gives you 4.8ml

Add one or 2 Ibprophen pills, or one Gel Cap.

Shake, till all is mixed.... then shake every few days or so for a month, then let stand till needed, then shake it and use a q-tip with it.

It's effect is this....

Faster healing of cuts, relives stinging nettle blisters, and a viriaty(SP) of other thing, also cleans cuts and relives the pain haven't fully tested it yet..... but it does work wonders ^_~

Warning: DO NOT DRINK OR USE INSIDE OF YOUR BODY.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Wenrick
The Venerable Wen
Dat Modder

You're quite the alchemist!

I'm not sure what ibuprofen will do if its not digested. Have you tried it without the ibuprofen? I wonder if paracetamol/acetaminophen would have the same effect. Or aspirin.

The H2O2 solution you speak of is more commonly known as hydrogen peroxide. Its very cheap and easy to find.

I have no idea what Kempophanink is.

And yes, this would definitely be a topical analgesic. Those chemicals are poisonous if ingested.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
Sunstone28
Retired Mithran WhiteMage
Forum Member

well long as you know what your doing..(?) you never know what can happen when you mix chemicals..
Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone28 View Post
well long as you know what your doing..(?) you never know what can happen when you mix chemicals..
I think that's why it's good that Wenrick used the word alchemist rather than chemist.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
Ferris
Hits refresh on here alot
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizia View Post
I think that's why it's good that Wenrick used the word alchemist rather than chemist.
Some chemists would hate you for saying that, since what Ravonies described was more chemistry than alchemy.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
Some chemists would hate you for saying that, since what Ravonies described was more chemistry than alchemy.
I dunno, I think they might agree with me. One of the key points I see of chemistry is that you actually understand how different atomic structures interact with each other. If you just get a bunch of chemicals that you have a feeling might do something if put together in the right combination without understanding why it works, and hope that in the end you wind up with some sort of medicine, I'd consider that being closer to alchemy.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #8
Eviticus
Proud Automaton Owner
Forum Member

To clear things up, Ravon is working with Chemistry and not Alchemy, making her a Chemist and not an Alchemist. Unless there was a step about invoking spirits or the four prime elements of earth, fire, wind, and water that I missed.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
Alizia
Spoonier than a Spoon
Forum Member

Alright to clear things up; I may not be entirely literal when I use the term alchemist, but I believe alchemist describes Ravon in this situation more so than chemist would.

To me, an alchemist would be someone who just throws things together, and based on what they've been told/beliefs in some mystical power, they'll get something out of it as a result, without understanding why they got what they did. Even if I'm missing out on the occult stuff, my defining aspect of an alchemist is; they're told something will work (i.e. they simply believe it'll work), so therefor, it works, simple as that. No understanding.

A chemist on the other hand is someone who actually knows what's going on with what they're doing, and why things are happening. If merely creating a chemical reaction defined a chemist, then everyone would be a chemist since our body is pulling off chemical reactions all the time, food we cook undergoes chemical reactions, batteries involve some form of chemistry and everyone pretty much uses batteries nowadays so yeah; to be a chemist, you need to actually *understand* chemistry, not just perform it.

Example to explain where I'm coming from: you drink a number of alcoholic beverages, and you get drunk. A chemical reaction has taken place inside of your body. However, if you are unable to explain what processes occurred inside of your body, and all you can come up with is 'I drank alcohol, now I'm drunk', regardless of the fact that you've performed a chemical reaction, you are not a chemist. However, if you were able to explain how the alcohol has interacted with your body's chemistry and why it has impaired your thinking, then under that circumstance, you would be a chemist.

So unless Ravon can explain why the chemicals he threw together produced what he was looking for; I would sooner call him an alchemist than a chemist. While he literally is not calling forth the power of alternate dimensional beings or whatnot to create the chemical reactions, if he is unable to actually explain why these reactions happen, I view it as being upon the same level as an alchemist, and at the very least, not qualifying enough to be a chemist.

Too long/Don't read: Ravon is using chemistry, but until proven otherwise, is closer to being an alchemist than a chemist, in my humble opinion.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
Bloodrose
Oreo's Cookie
Forum Member

I would have to agree with Alizia, since it more clearly relates to the term of alchemy. If you have ever seen FMA (Full Metal Alchemist) even those that do understand how alchemy works, there is a clear definition between what happens, how it happens, what's involved, and the complete understanding.

I.e. Edward Performs Alchemy under the services of the military, but everyone who uses it doesn't understand why the ingredients involved combine together to make something, or even when mixed can create something different than what was supposed to have been made.

Chemistry on the other hand, is completely understood, with various forms of research, ingredients that mix or don't mix, what does happen, how it happens, and procedures as well as safety involved.

And to get back on topic... I've used my own home made remedies which involve 0 (zero) medical supplies, meaning no pharmaceuticals, prescription or over the counter, to cure burns without scarring, increase the body's natural ability to heal etc.

I should actually have an 18" burn scar on my right arm after some dumbass who obviously wasn't watching where he was going, or communicating positions in the kitchen we both worked at, bump into me, pressing my right arm up against a 500degree convection oven door. Immediately and through instinct while my mind was racing, my left hand grabbed a lemon wedge and rubbed up and down the burn area slowly. After my mind registered what happened, i asked the Manager for an ice pack while i grabbed some vinegar and rubbed that on my arm as well. Once he came back i wrapped my arm from my wrist to my shoulder to cover the entire affected area.

I went to see the doctor the next day, and said i had recieved a severe second degree burn, and that a scar would definetly be present. A week later my burn healed, my arm no longer hurt etc. and to this day, 6 years and counting, i have no scar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum