Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 12:51 AM   #321
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

That's not unusual, there are tons of males voiced by women from Bart Simpson up to Goku. But I can't think of another situation where a female character is voiced by a man where it's not some gag routine show that plays it for laughs like Pop Team Epic. And he has to sing as a girl too!

BTW the only male voiced by a woman in Idolmaster is Ryo Akizuki, all the other males, even the shotas and the other traps, have male voice actors. So the whole franchise has one woman playing a boy, and one man playing a girl.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #322
Moondrag
Forum Member

Took long enough MMDisaster, but someone rigged the Nagato model from the Azurlane game https://www.deviantart.com/kishidana...o-DL-843561146
Old 05-28-2020, 06:42 PM   #323
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

And I would be all over it except Deviantart is retarded now.

So to paraphrase Stormy Waters, "You mean there's a... girl Ryo?"

So much work. I cannot believe how many eyelashes this girl has. Even that being said, I still probably could have finished her two days ago but I've been a little preoccupied with the real world insanity happening right now. In the end it turned out the experience I got figuring out how to duplicate that original character's eyeshadow came in handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lashed.png
Views:	77
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	197898  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 05-29-2020 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:34 PM   #324
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
And I would be all over it except Deviantart is retarded now.

So to paraphrase Stormy Waters, "You mean there's a... girl Ryo?"

So much work. I cannot believe how many eyelashes this girl has. Even that being said, I still probably could have finished her two days ago but I've been a little preoccupied with the real world insanity happening right now. In the end it turned out the experience I got figuring out how to duplicate that original character's eyeshadow came in handy.
haven't been to da in a while, i took a peek, but i fail to notice, what is everyone whining about.
im lukewarm about the model, its not even full bodied, some strange face mesh choices...
Old 05-30-2020, 02:33 AM   #325
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
haven't been to da in a while, i took a peek, but i fail to notice, what is everyone whining about.
im lukewarm about the model, its not even full bodied, some strange face mesh choices...
It's members only now, that's the main problem. The site redesign looks terrible as well, but that's just a tertiary concern.

The point is just to have a model in the first place, the body can be negotiated later.

And it's her gap moe of being the international symbol of Japanese naval power yet she looks like this tiny little thing who speaks like ye olde 7th century feudal lord and dresses up in insanely slutty lingerie yet acts completely pure, compared to the other Sakura Empire girls who are almost exclusively titty monsters and/or yandere.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #326
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
It's members only now, that's the main problem. The site redesign looks terrible as well, but that's just a tertiary concern.

The point is just to have a model in the first place, the body can be negotiated later.

And it's her gap moe of being the international symbol of Japanese naval power yet she looks like this tiny little thing who speaks like ye olde 7th century feudal lord and dresses up in insanely slutty lingerie yet acts completely pure, compared to the other Sakura Empire girls who are almost exclusively titty monsters and/or yandere.
whats members only? if you mean simply having an account, thats kinda expected of anything that has high traffic these days.
da never had a decent browsing experience, at least they picked a black theme to go easy on the eyes.

ive given up questioning the logic of vanity, regardless you seem to want it, so im up for some spoonfeedin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip _mmd_azur_lane_nagato_dl_by_kishidanatsumi_ddy8fy2.zip (16.65 MB, 110 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to guthix For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (05-30-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 02:20 AM   #327
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Been thinking. I wanted to not put my set out until I'd done every edit I wanted to do so people wouldn't have to keep coming back and redownloading the same set over and over when something gets added to it (drives me nuts when modelers do that), but the way the world is today... this has taken long enough. I'm doing two more edits (Koume and Sachiko), redoing Nao with usable hair, and then distributing the set. Shouldn't take more than two weeks.

Also is anybody here using Koikatsu? There's a few models I'd like to get converted for MMD if anyone feels like being a hero.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:21 AM   #328
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Been thinking. I wanted to not put my set out until I'd done every edit I wanted to do so people wouldn't have to keep coming back and redownloading the same set over and over when something gets added to it (drives me nuts when modelers do that), but the way the world is today... this has taken long enough. I'm doing two more edits (Koume and Sachiko), redoing Nao with usable hair, and then distributing the set. Shouldn't take more than two weeks.

Also is anybody here using Koikatsu? There's a few models I'd like to get converted for MMD if anyone feels like being a hero.
nothing stopping you from posting them individually, then again there's barely anyone here, so there isn't much of a rush as well.

can't help with conversions.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:49 PM   #329
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Drop off for another limited time model, if anyone is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Izanami.7z (3.64 MB, 106 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuestionableEnigma For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (06-05-2020), tekitou (06-09-2020)
Old 06-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #330
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Finally finished Koume after a week. God damn, what a hassle. Everything about her, her eyes especially, but also her eyebrows, her textures, her hair, her earrings, her normals, nothing was easy. Also her right eye still has all its facials even though it's impossible to see it behind those bangs. Couldn't take the chance that it'd be visible from some angle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spookylittlegirllikeyou.png
Views:	63
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	197920  
Old 06-11-2020, 11:35 PM   #331
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Was almost about to delete this model since it was collecting dust, but went to check back if it was still available for public download, but the DL got taken down so another model is now up for grabs because of this.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Krokodil.7z (6.79 MB, 86 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuestionableEnigma For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (06-12-2020), tekitou (06-12-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 02:40 PM   #332
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Ended distribution dates that I'm being reminded of when looking over these models I have. Third time it is.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Kama.7z (6.69 MB, 70 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to QuestionableEnigma For This Useful Post:
MMDisaster (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 11:45 PM   #333
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

im not sure that an ended distribution has any inherent value to be posted based solely on it, the models arent even r-18. unless im blind and missed a request.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #334
QuestionableEnigma
"Useful" Entity
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
im not sure that an ended distribution has any inherent value to be posted based solely on it, the models arent even r-18. unless im blind and missed a request.
I don't believe it's anything to worry about. Request, R18 or not I just want to throw it up because there are things I don't use and other people could want to use it in the future, have requested it elsewhere or have the ability to make it R-18. Just vague helpfulness while cleaning out stuff that maybe no longer available.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:00 PM   #335
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

It may not be R18 now, but that doesn't mean it can't be R18 eventually.

On that note I finished Sachiko. I wanted a nude-capable model for her so long, and I tried and quit so many times, to actually have her finished now... it's weird, I should be elated but I don't feel any emotion at all over it. Just the knowledge that I'm almost done.

Edit: Well, at least I finished those two within two weeks. Barely.

Now it's decision time and I don't particularly like either choice. The last thing to do is update Nao and make a version of her that doesn't use Nikuhachi's parts because of his new TOS. However she only has two hairstyles available from in-game models, neither of which really looks like how she does in the cards because she has those bigass sidelocks covering her hairline and sideburns. Do I go with hair down, or very narrow ponytail? I'm leaning towards hair down, but not by much.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sacchan.png
Views:	49
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	197948   Click image for larger version

Name:	naowhat.png
Views:	40
Size:	579.1 KB
ID:	197949   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nao_SS_SR2.png
Views:	29
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	197950  

Last edited by MMDisaster; 06-16-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:03 PM   #336
insecure
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Do I go with hair down, or very narrow ponytail? I'm leaning towards hair down, but not by much.
the hair down version is the starter card's model, so that one
Old 06-18-2020, 11:23 PM   #337
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

So be it then. In the meantime while I was waiting for responses I started doing Natsuki as a bonus character.

Speaking of which, look, we're getting lectured about gamerip models by the Japanese. This guy just put J&J on blast about the Pyra model and the word 'criminal' is getting lobbed about by almost every respondent. Iwara forums might be interested in hearing about this.

https://twitter.com/orangejoubi1/sta...81780088025090

I don't quite understand how this is never an issue for communities like Source Filmmaker and Garry's Mod or Blender (all of which I would argue are far higher profile than MMD), but somehow the sanctimony starts flying once these models get ported to MMD. Maybe there just aren't enough Japanese users of those programs for it to get noticed. There's a half dozen warehouse sites I could point at with hundreds if not thousands of gamerips for GMod/SFM and somehow it's not a problem there. Youtube GMod/SFM videos with ripped characters from Neptunia to Sonic to Mario to Resident Evil to Final Fantasy get tens of thousands of views and somehow this tut-tutting never finds its way into the comments.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rockin.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	197953  
Old 06-19-2020, 12:48 AM   #338
insecure
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

they don't have any ground to stand on
none of it is legal whether or not you're producing your own model of a licensed character or ripping it from a game and doing salacious things with it, japanese just seem to think making your own fan version is more legal because nobody cared enough to stomp them out about it, but it's factually incorrect and no amount of yelling "section 107" (usa copyright law only anyway) will help them

is there a list of characters you planned to make?
Old 06-19-2020, 01:15 AM   #339
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insecure View Post
they don't have any ground to stand on
none of it is legal whether or not you're producing your own model of a licensed character or ripping it from a game and doing salacious things with it, japanese just seem to think making your own fan version is more legal because nobody cared enough to stomp them out about it, but it's factually incorrect and no amount of yelling "section 107" (usa copyright law only anyway) will help them

is there a list of characters you planned to make?
I released two sets of Idolmaster edits so far. The first was back in 2017, it contained all the mainline and DS characters as well as the rival units from the manga and anime (Maou Angel, Setsugetsuka, Shinkan Shoujo and so on) and some minor characters. I had to split it in 3 parts to upload it.

Part 1: http://tstorage.info/hkiqc2ixg9ma
Part 2: http://tstorage.info/y1lrjce06buc
Part 3: http://tstorage.info/uwp081wwd6oy

In early 2018 I released my first Cinderella Girls set which was basically the characters I could find that had fan-made parts at the time: Rin, Ranko, Fumika, Miku, Kanako, Kirari, Miho, Karen, Mika, Minami, Shizuku, Frederica, Shiki, Shuko and Kanade.

http://tstorage.info/yzsav2qiwk1r

Then a few months later loki-ken taught me how to rip assets from the mobile game, making it possible for me to do pretty much any character I wanted. I started working on the second set in January and so far I have Anastasia, Uzuki, Tsukasa, Takumi, Aki, Layla, Arisu, Momoka, Kaoru, Cathy, Natalia, Miria, Clarice, Akane, Sanae, Yuko, Mizuki, Nana, Asuka, Ryo, Koume and Sachiko done. Natsuki and Nao will be the last two and then the whole set gets uploaded, that should be 24 new characters. You can see previews if you scroll back through the thread.

There are still more that I planned to do, at this time that is tentatively Aiko, Airi, Chiaki, Chie, Chihiro, Hajime, Hina, Hiromi, Kaede, Kako, Kate, Kyoko, Mary, Mayu, Mio, Miyo, Naho, Rena, Rika, Sae, Shoko and Yui. That would be another 22 characters, and then maybe the seven new girls too. However this takes months and I basically have to stop everything else I may be working on to do this so it wouldn't be anytime soon. I also want to remake the first CG set too.

Last edited by MMDisaster; 06-19-2020 at 01:17 AM. Reason: I am clearly sleep deprived because I can't grammar for shit
Old 06-19-2020, 02:11 AM   #340
insecure
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Quote:
Then a few months later loki-ken taught me how to rip assets from the mobile game, making it possible for me to do pretty much any character I wanted.
...Cathy,
...Chiaki, ...Naho, Rena,
those four are some surprising choices
how willing are you to impart knowledge about above asset ripping to others?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat