Hello! Does anyone has this expired Minato Aqua model? bowlroll.net/file/191098
Would be much appreicated!
Old 12-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #182
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchi View Post
Hello , can someone tell me why i have this issue with legs in MMD prog ? in PMX Editor all looks good .. its posible fix ?
https://youtu.be/gTbUgHPQCKA
From what I know, that issue is because of the bone order. As in, which bones are first in the draw order. Can you post a picture of your leg bones in the bone window in PMXe?

EDIT: Okay. I have gone back and looked at some of the models I have. And quite a few have this issue. It's not a bone order problem. I have an idea on what it is, but I want to see if your model is set up the same way. So, a picture of the bones of the model in the edit window would be good.

Last edited by Mythterious; 12-01-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #183
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

There's a certain angle the leg IKs have to be set to in order to work correctly (0.5 [ankle] and 1 degrees [toe] on PMD models, 114.5916 [ankle] and 229.1831 degrees [toe] on PMX models). The # of loops also needs to be set to 40 [ankle] and 3 [toe]. It often gets messed up when a PMD model is converted to PMX. That might be the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pmxIK.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	197305  
Old 12-01-2019, 08:44 PM   #184
Morgion
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Anyone know what the dl is for this model?
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18778820

Description seems to say dl is in the video but I can't seem to find the darned thing.
edit.. weird. clicking the link doesn't seem to work. If you copy and paste it in your url it works though.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:23 PM   #185
Mythterious
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMDisaster View Post
There's a certain angle the leg IKs have to be set to in order to work correctly (0.5 [ankle] and 1 degrees [toe] on PMD models, 114.5916 [ankle] and 229.1831 degrees [toe] on PMX models). The # of loops also needs to be set to 40 [ankle] and 3 [toe]. It often gets messed up when a PMD model is converted to PMX. That might be the problem.
For me, its when the bones get past a certain point, they flip. Pretty sure that's a limitation of MMD and is not something you can fix. I tried using rotation limits, but that just made it so much worse...
Old 12-02-2019, 03:10 AM   #186
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythterious View Post
For me, its when the bones get past a certain point, they flip. Pretty sure that's a limitation of MMD and is not something you can fix. I tried using rotation limits, but that just made it so much worse...
Leg IKs can do that sometimes, yes. It might be gimbal lock (when everything starts reading +-180 degrees), or the IK just might not be able to handle being moved in that direction.

Sometimes if you don't absolutely need to have the IKs active (like trying to make someone walk or jump) it's worth it to turn the IKs off and pose the legs using the leg bones instead. I've taken to doing that a lot when characters are static and sitting or laying down, it makes the legs much easier to work with because the control is more precise and it's impossible for wonky shit to happen.

Note also you CAN rotate the thigh and knee bones with the IKs still active, but it should generally only be done on the Z axis and may still go wonky at some angles.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #187
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

I've always thought it just spasm out if you raise the body higher than the total length of the ik chain.
moving the feet would fix it.

also a side note, is bowlroll loading forever for anyone else? its almost unusable.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #188
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
I've always thought it just spasm out if you raise the body higher than the total length of the ik chain.
moving the feet would fix it.

also a side note, is bowlroll loading forever for anyone else? its almost unusable.
It takes a while for the preview pictures to come up but the links seem accessible.

Where I run into issues is if I try to download more than one file at a time. The second file goes below 10KB/second until the first one finishes, and it usually fails the download well before it finishes unless I cancel and try again after the first one is done. I've had to drastically cut back on how fast I click links there. This doesn't happen on uxfc, nicosolid, Skydrive, Mediafire, Tstorage or any other uploaders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat