Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Anime Stuff

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #1
back2you
Forum Member

Default Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken

Anime: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Discuss here your expectation, imagination, ideas, or how did you become a fan of this anime.

Spoiler from the manga is okay.

ME:
I would like this anime to have 500+ episodes BADLY
Old 11-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

It will never reach 500+ episode... Since it is originally a web novel/light novel, the anime adaptation is more to boost sales to the tied in manga and the tied in light novel and we will probably see only two seasons, 3 maximum, just like how Spice and Wolf had only 2 seasons, just like how Asobi ni iku Yo had only 1 season. Only light novels that had a longer lifespan as anime is Zero no Tsukaima, but even there the production studio took huge liberties to the story, making it another story entirely, the death of the original author not helping with this case and the fact that the succession finally decided to ask a new writter to take over following the notes of the original author.

It's also the reason why Log Horizon, Goblin Slayer, In Another World with my Smartphone, Re:Zero, Death March and Overlord will not have too many seasons (maybe exclude Re:Zero since they might try to make spinoff stuff, but since they are stuck making movies instead...).

Only real oddball in the light novels is SAO, which was a phenomenal boom in Japan as a webnovel (and the webnovel includes kiddy sex in a bonus chapter of the first volume), which was then published as a lightnovel and to boost sales, the anime was made, but then, it became so popular that each your you see at least 10 Kirito (and 50 Azuna, Leafa, Sinon) in anime conventions.

And the only animes that will ever reach 500+ episodes are OnePiece and Naruto, if you exclude the kids morning shows which only last around 5 minutes of education, 15 minutes max (don't know if I'm actually right on this point, but Gulkeeva could coroborate cause he's in Japan, or was if he's not there anymore and I'm using an anime air chart app on my cellphone as data (and also a livechart website from time to time).

And all the data compiled right now says that Danmachi may have a second season, Slime won't have a second season, Smartphone won't have a second season, Death march won't have a second season, you know the drill now.

And Slime will probably be a standard format anime too. Which means the first 12 episodes where already paid for, then studio is checking the popularity trought air rates, then if popular enough they will continue to 14 episodes max, that is why you never know how many episodes are going to make the anime, unless it's Naruto/Onepiece.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:18 PM   #3
back2you
Forum Member

In https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_T...ted_as_a_Slime,
Ctrl+F the phrase below:
The series will run for 24 episodes

and

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37430/...lime_Datta_Ken

-
575+ Total episodes combined series Dragon Ball
Old 11-14-2018, 11:03 PM   #4
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2you View Post
In https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_T...ted_as_a_Slime,
Ctrl+F the phrase below:
The series will run for 24 episodes

and

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37430/...lime_Datta_Ken

-
575+ Total episodes combined series Dragon Ball

Doesn't mean anything if the production company decides to cut loses. Happened in the past. Also MAL is made by us, the westerners. It does not mean a thing to japanese persons and they will only check their numbers.

And dragon ball has a huge number of filler episodes, extra arcs and others stuff irrelevant to the real story, might be why Toriyama got out of his retirement when they made the last movie and butchered the story. If you only count what the manga has, you have enough for, what, 10 arcs of 24 episodes maximum. That's 240 episodes by the way.

But you know what happens? Producers that don't want to butcher the cash cow when it's too old. That's what happened to bleach.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:36 PM   #5
back2you
Forum Member

Hmm, You mentioned Naruto having 500 ep.
That's the most that have filler ep anime I've ever tried to watch.
That's why I quit watching it.

Anyway, I really like the Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken and I'm saying, even if it will not happen, it does deserve at least in line with 500 eps animes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » Anime Stuff