Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #241
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Trying to find a mechanic opened on the weekend. Need to get some maintenance done other than an oil change (Leaking wiper fluid, alternator might need to be replaced, etc.) however I can't find anyone open and I'm kind of tied up for the next week with work due to installs.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:18 AM   #242
Nattack
Still here
Forum Member

Twitter: nattajerk
Tumblr: kaggentoo

Uuugh, I just had a3000 dollar bill for parts and labour for fixing 4 brakes, ebrake, and an oil change.

But enough about that, my cousin is paying alternative healing bulldooks in family chat.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:21 AM   #243
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

Heater isn't working so I call up the emergency maintenance number. Tell the guy about it and they say it'll have to wait until tomorrow since it's a known issue with other residents living on the top floor.

I wish I could be that lax when I'm on call.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:24 AM   #244
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

The feeling of looming retaliation for being a whistle blower so to speak. For the last 10 months disciplinary has hardly existed where I work. No call no show two days in a row is about all that was being upheld, so long as you didn't do that you could pretty much get away with anything. Insubordination? Check! Abandonment of post? Check! Refusal of Overtime? Check! Sleep on the job? Check! Falsify documents? Check!

I finally got fed up with it when I heard there was a new person over the warden, and she was a bitch. I contacted her about all the issues going on and got her involved in a couple instances where disciplinary policy wasn't being followed. Needless to say I got what I wanted, she tore into them so bad they have a claim of hostile work environment and all communication is done by email now. On top of that no one in administration will talk to me, but I hear rumors they are constantly questioning what I do and trying to find something to hem me up on, so now I feel like there is a target on my back every day.

It pisses me off I had to go to that extent to get something going that would have helped us retain people over the last 10 months and keep the bad ones, that still have jobs, out of the facility. Granted they can't retaliate without valid reason, but damn...shouldn't have had to come to this at all.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:07 AM   #245
Dark_Soriel
Dark NetSeeker
Forum Member

Kat, you did what you had to do. With some chance now, the work environment will improve. Maybe you will finally have the opportunity to take some time off work and relax. Seems to me that's what you need right now.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #246
kitkat
Motion Editor
Forum Member

I don't know...my warden, the regional director, and one above are all on administrative leave right now due to this and a few other things at the moment. I like my warden, he is a good guy and got a lot of things going that we needed, so I'm not sure why this fell on him so hard. The main ones not doing what they were supposed to was the deputy warden and chief of security who was in charge of disciplinary.

Maybe it is because he expected them to do their job and assumed they were instead of looking into it to make sure they were? Maybe it is a mix of various things and this was just the final straw on top of it all?

I just wanted to make sure that my staff got home safe at the end of the day. That they could come into work and trust the other officers they work with to do their job, to be there to support them if the need arose, and most importantly made sure no one died during our watch.

Inmate or staff.....I don't want the burden of knowing I didn't do my all to ensure they stayed as safe as possible. I've already had to look family of someone who was murdered in the eye and tell them "I don't have the answer for why this happened." That is the one thing that made me pursue this, because I do know...god I know why....and I don't want to have to try and ever have to say those words again.

I didn't become an Lt for no reason. I don't have my job to make friends....I just want to make sure we all go home safe.....and alive. If that creates waves, if that puts a target on my back and an eye of scrutiny for everything I do and every decision I make, then so be it. At least I can say my conscious is clear because I did everything I could to keep those under my watch safe, inmate and staff alike.....because that is my damn job. Is that such a bad thing?
Old 01-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #247
the_red_sun
Forum Member

Site I've been part of for over a decade died.
:(

Also: Year Two of Cheeto n' Chief
Old 01-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #248
Corrderio
Yeah I got nuthin'
Forum Member

~19 inches of snow coming tonight and tomorrow. March needs to get here soon.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #249
Petardo238
Forum Member

When rain without have an umbrella :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » General Discussion Forums » General Random Topics forum