Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat

Notices

Old 07-30-2020, 03:39 PM   #361
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
I might take a look at ripping some idolmaster characters, because there's not many new releases of characters to edit.

Speaking of edits, does anyone feel like their folders are full of old stuff? I'm sitting on piles and piles of badly named versions, that are used in some pmms. I'm going to have to start purging things soon, because they take up a lot of space, and some of the older ones are really sloppy.
its kind of work with no payoff, seems like the downside of hoarding is the stuff you have looses value. i feel like i want to trash everything and just keep a small set of models.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:08 PM   #362
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

I absolutely have gobs and gobs of models that have sat there for years without being used, but not necessarily without intent to eventually use them. I generally only ditch a model when it gets updated for a new version and then only if it's not a "modeler had a full body on the old version but deleted the naughty bits on the new one" situation. From time to time I think about getting rid of what I'm not actually using but I learned a lesson a long time ago about getting rid of things I thought I didn't need any more and winding up regretting it to this day.

Otherwise right now I just sort into series-themed folders so I know where to find them and leave them be until I need them for something. I don't bother going through renaming all the bones and editing and whatnot until it's necessary. I also have a notepad file where I jot down movie ideas so I don't forget them.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:45 PM   #363
icetitan99
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

I'm trying to get the pass for models from bowlroll net/r18/user/5008 but I don't know katakana which is what these models need. Any advice? I'm trying to be self sufficient rather than just relying on someone to decode these passes, so any tips/tricks would be awesome!
Old 08-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #364
guthix
Zzzzzzzzzz
Forum Member

there are online converters that work... sometimes
sometimes simply googling the url will drop you into 4chan or chineese forum where the pass is shared
sometimes your head feel like a potato after maddening amounts of attempts. at that point ask someone or try again later, you won't figure out all passwords on your own
Old 08-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #365
lewdmon
Regular Forum User
Forum Member

I meant more iterations of the same model, rather than different models, because although I do have dozens of kancolle characters I don't use, just my kizuna akari folder has several gigabytes of .blend files and I'm starting to think it's a problem. I think I'm just going to delete all but the recent, and accept that sometimes I'll regret doing so. Edit: or I can just spend the rest of the day making more.

If you're having hiragana and katakana problems, just learn them, it only takes a few days of study.

Last edited by lewdmon; 08-02-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #366
MMDisaster
I wish to pet teh iorin
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdmon View Post
I meant more iterations of the same model, rather than different models, because although I do have dozens of kancolle characters I don't use, just my kizuna akari folder has several gigabytes of .blend files and I'm starting to think it's a problem. I think I'm just going to delete all but the recent, and accept that sometimes I'll regret doing so. Edit: or I can just spend the rest of the day making more.

If you're having hiragana and katakana problems, just learn them, it only takes a few days of study.
I only keep the newest version of a model unless I know things were removed from it that the old one had. Usually I try to port that missing data over to the new version and then delete the old. Also everything I download gets backed up onto Blu-Ray when I have enough opened models to warrant filling up the disc and then deleted from my hard drive, so I have hard media backups of all my old versions without having to retain it on my computer and take up space.

Definitely second learning hiragana and katakana. It's very little effort compared to kanji and you'll see them so much working with Japanese models that retention won't be a problem. Also remember that katakana has two types, half-byte and full-byte, and they are not interchangeable. (Same goes for numbers)
Old 08-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #367
icetitan99
Forum Lurker
Forum Lurker

Woah you guys were right! Honestly, the translators were mostly off key, but luckily it really is easy to translate those names to katakana. Thank you guys so much
Old 08-09-2020, 06:51 AM   #368
Gulkeeva
Mithra Ero-Sensei
The hentai is out there...

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,726 Posts

Was browsing around for stuff. Found

https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/4217135

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Neko-Sentai » MMD Forums » MMD Chat